Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If they use physical copies for reviews then they will still use them for demo or other early build copies.
    So where is your evidence of any physical "demo discs" or "early build" copies on physical discs that work on retail PS4s again?

At this point you're circling the wagon of denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    No gameplay videos yet. I got a felling there will be some game-breaking bugs.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    At this point you're circling the wagon of denial.
    What wagon of denial? I am not denying anything. If you actually read what I typed you would know that I find it unlikely that is what happened but still not impossible. There are plenty of reasons why a physical disk could exist that has a non-retail version of the game. You can't prove that they don't exist either. I've shown they are still sent out for review copies. If they are used for review copies it is logical that they would be used for other things. Not once is that me on some hype train trying to deny what the game has been leaked to be like. You are so intent on labeling people as fan boy that you can't have an objective discussion.

Heck Dameeuhn even has said that he thinks they are playing a pre-launch version with changes in a day one patch. Release version doesn't mean much until the game is actually released now a days. "Going Gold" still is a thing when you use physical media but doesn't mean much for the playable game when you can patch. And with the way things work now a days patching is easy and expected.

And this is yet another indication that we may all be playing a pre-launch version, with a Day 1 patch imminent. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4va7ve/the_spoilersleaks_megathread/d5yg3u9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No gameplay videos yet. I got a felling there will be some game-breaking bugs.
    They are out there if you know where to look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4va7ve/the_spoilersleaks_megathread/d5xxnx6 That should have some. Though I didn't check any of them to see if they were taken down
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They are out there if you know where to look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4va7ve/the_spoilersleaks_megathread/d5xxnx6 That should have some. Though I didn't check any of them to see if they were taken down
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...thread/d5zj235 This is the updated one
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Deleted
    Well I'm ready to lose myself in the universe....maybe I'll meet some of you in the middle...or maybe not

10+ Year Old Account
    They are taking down videos. Sounds a bit suspisios.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They are taking down videos. Sounds a bit suspisios.
    Not really, it's standard practice. That said, I do have concerns based on what I've seen from the leaks. Definitely gonna wait and see instead of buying on day one.

There are people streaming it on twitch and has played over 20h of it.

edit he got banned of twitch
    Last edited by Axelond; 2016-08-05 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    how did people get the game so early? shipping error?

anyway im not going to watch streams of the game, but will wait for some reviews before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

anyway im not going to watch streams of the game, but will wait for some reviews before buying.
    Not sure. I know Amazon is shipping out their pre-orders today, but they're not suppose to arrive until the 9th. Could be a shipping mistake, they've done it before.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

One guy bought a copy on ebay for $1250 iirc, the guy that originally got it either had a friend in retail or worked at a store? Something like that. Most of the others are because some stores put PS4 copies on shelves not knowing they weren't supposed to yet and people were able to buy them.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

After watching this stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLHYA6L9LBc I have to say that the game feels like 19$ Early Access shit. Well played.

I really feel for people who payed colossal 60$ and are overhyped. It is really different game vs those scripted gameplays we saw. And it's booring.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-05 at 06:47 PM.

Well its just your opinion, the one I watched was exactly what I expected, cant wait to play it, totally worth 60$ to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happens with NmS

There is going to be a chunk of people who will be disappointed and angry due to hyping themselves up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    One guy bought a copy on ebay for $1250 iirc, the guy that originally got it either had a friend in retail or worked at a store? Something like that. Most of the others are because some stores put PS4 copies on shelves not knowing they weren't supposed to yet and people were able to buy them.
    I didn't even know this still happened, because yeah some shelf stockers are dumb and don't check the big warning labels on the boxes to not put out til the date labeled, and put them out anyway, but the register system should reject any sales.

So if anyone got it from Wal Mart or some other retailer, they snuck it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not really, it's standard practice. That said, I do have concerns based on what I've seen from the leaks. Definitely gonna wait and see instead of buying on day one.
    I can't really say I have any concerns. I see people absolutely flipping out about the UI or the gathering system or the life on the planets and I was like "Where did you get all these expectations for the game?"

I make very few expectations for a game, and mostly end up pleasantly surprised. That said, I will be annoyed if there's a ton of bugs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    That said, I will be annoyed if there's a ton of bugs.

Thank god this isn't a Bethseda game or else it'll be filled with way more then your average game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Doesn't look too bad really, and that's from someone who hasn't been following the hype at all. I'm going to wait till there's a good number of reviews out but it looks pretty cool. I've recently gotten into Subnautica which is super simple but still really enjoyable.