Thread: No Man's Sky

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You're trying way to hard at this point. Just accept the fact that the dev lied, you received a half finished game (if that), that it's overpriced, and that a large percentage of people are finding the game to be extremely boring, shallow, and repetitive. There's literally no denying any of that now.
    I played this game for over 30 hours now. It's not half finished. It's fully finished game. There's literally no denying that now.

I played Batman Arkham Knight for 38 minutes. It didn't hook me up, you don't see me posting shit about it. but according to you it must have been an unfinished game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Ah man, you replied to him. Now he's just gonna come back again so he can have the last word.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    has anyone found any patch notes?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850...2383121166985/

That should essentially be the patch notes. It wasn't really anything but performance related.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I played this game for over 30 hours now. It's not half finished. It's fully finished game. There's literally no denying that now.

I played Batman Arkham Knight for 38 minutes. It didn't hook me up, you don't see me posting shit about it. but according to you it must have been an unfinished game.
    I don't think that matters, I think most people won't argue it's not a complete product from a functional point of view, just that Sean lied....a lot about a lot of features and a lot of the footage was misleading. Sure a lot of it is unjistified hype as well but the devs still mislead the public in more ways than one. And I think that is the root of the problem here.

We can easily observe that regardless of the game giving fun, it's a very short game before it's repetetive for most of the people. Why?
    The game had +200k concurrent users on Steam
    Now it has 22 to 46k and it's falling down each day
    http://steamcharts.com/app/275850#1m

Many streamers stopped playing this already. CohhCarnage played like 40 hours total with the PC version and he reaaaaaly liked the game.

The game is good, but doesn't last for long, unless you like repetetive stuff but let's face it: there is nothing to do after getting max slots and upgrades + doing the center of the galaxy for the first time. Yes, you can still explore the planets but is there really any point while knowing that each will be only a slighty different version of the last 20 you've seen? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    let's face it: there is nothing to do after getting max slots and upgrades + doing the center of the galaxy for the first time. Yes, you can still explore the planets but is there really any point while knowing that each will be only a slighty different version of the last 20 you've seen? Nope.
    I can't really disagree with that. I've noticed the same. I always had something to work toward, which was just making my inventory bigger, and that was ok. Now I've got 48 armor slots and a 48 slot ship, so now my current goals are just finishing the platinum. After that I'm sure I'll put the game away, at least until some patches come out. I'll remain a bit skeptical, but I still think they'll be able to do a better job with this games end game than Ubisoft is doing with Division.

Honestly I found money to not be that big of a deal when it came to buying new ships.

Then again I got REALLY lucky and kept finding planets full of Vortex Cubes/Gratvitino Orbs and would find a trading post on the planet and then run around like a madman gathering them all while being chased around by sentinels.

Pays off, though, each 7 was 150k-200k Units depending on the current prices and it was about 2-3 minutes per haul....I would just do that until there were none near the trading post pack up...and move out.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    so ive been stuck in this cave system on a basically dead planet for like 45mins now, this place is a damn maze, cant find my way out anyone got tips, i want to get off this damn planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Honestly I found money to not be that big of a deal when it came to buying new ships.

Then again I got REALLY lucky and kept finding planets full of Vortex Cubes/Gratvitino Orbs and would find a trading post on the planet and then run around like a madman gathering them all while being chased around by sentinels.

Pays off, though, each 7 was 150k-200k Units depending on the current prices and it was about 2-3 minutes per haul....I would just do that until there were none near the trading post pack up...and move out.
    But when you start getting to the point that ships cost 60-80 million, and that's for like a 38-42 slot ship and then you'll also need to buy your final 48 slot ship you're easily needing 150+ million. I found at least 5 planets with pearls, a few planets with orbs, and a couple planets with cubes, and I could make about 1.2 mill a run. That's a lot of running around picking shit up...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so ive been stuck in this cave system on a basically dead planet for like 45mins now, this place is a damn maze, cant find my way out anyone got tips, i want to get off this damn planet!
    Got your plasma grenade launcher? Load it up and shoot your way up.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go upwards in tunnels and look at the ceilings - there might be holes to the surface.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    But when you start getting to the point that ships cost 60-80 million, and that's for like a 38-42 slot ship and then you'll also need to buy your final 48 slot ship you're easily needing 150+ million. I found at least 5 planets with pearls, a few planets with orbs, and a couple planets with cubes, and I could make about 1.2 mill a run. That's a lot of running around picking shit up...

- - - Updated - - -

Got your plasma grenade launcher? Load it up and shoot your way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Go upwards in tunnels and look at the ceilings - there might be holes to the surface.
    dont have any sort of grenades and there were no holes in the ceiling, how ever i just found an exit after around 50mins inside that thing, place was huge, tonnes of plutonium and not much else, waste of time tbh :P

I've hit the motherload, a giant cave full of albumen pearls that sell for 27k each next to a trade outpost 10 seconds away. And every time I return to the cave they've respawned. I get a 4 star wanted level every time but it's worth it.

As far as number of people playing goes: Binging to begin with sounds normal, but eventually people will pull back or move on, yeah. Even those that stick with it will probably just log on to do a bit more exploring every so often or when new content is added, nothing wrong with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The simple answer is this; there are two ways to get a new ship. Buy one, or repair a crashed ship you locate on a planet. Buying them gets prohibitively expensive VERY quick (23 slots is already millions).

So how do you find crashed ships?

That's a question we can answer; Transmission Towers. On-planet, look for the beacons with the orange beams of light coming up out of them. Use those, look for "transmissions", and the ones you want are Transmission Towers (not Beacons or Observatories; ignore those while doing this). Go to the transmission towers, solve the little math puzzle (there's only 10 or so, so you'll start remembering answers pretty quick), and you get a beacon to a crashed ship.

Every crashed ship you find is going to have either one more, or one less, inventory slot than your current ship. Obviously, ignore the ones with less. Swap into your new +1 inventory ship, and keep going. You'll need to repair systems, but the ONLY things you need to repair are Launcher Jets and Pulse Engines. If you're getting annoyed by the alarms, you can also repair the deflector shield (takes more mats, but can be worth doing, or just turn your audio down/off). They'll often have a lot of damaged upgrade systems; you can dismantle all of those for bonus mats to boot.

Every time you find a new ship, it's a 50% chance of an upgrade. You'll fly some absolute garbage-looking beasts as you go through this, but you don't care about looks, you care about farming this to a 48-slotter. THEN you find a ship that looks pretty.

Also, crashed ships apparently pull from the same pool as ships you see in flying around, so if you see a kickass-looking ship in the space station, you can find crashed versions. Don't bother until you hit a 48-slotter. Once you do, it can be worth finding at least one ship you can stand looking at, and sidegrading to that.

At that point, you can settle in and upgrade to your heart's content. You might still find a better ship, appearance-wise, but if you do, you can always hunt it down and replace it at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

It can be worthwhile to buy a ship of 22-24 slots for a couple million, but prices start climbing steeply after that, and this saves you a few transmission towers along the way.

Edit: It bears mentioning that this IS a grind. My trick was to multitask; I'd hit a planet that had critters, and I'd use this hunt as an excuse to explore and look for full completions of the species record. If I finished it, I'd switch planets.
    This is what I was looking for, the upgrading ship part. I was able to upgrade my inventory when I found a planet with drop pods every 2 feet (okay that's an exaggeration, but I would often find 3 or 4 drop pods literally within 30-60 second sprinting distance of each other) and then found a planet with lots of outposts and just kept getting +2 slots on my multi tool every single time I went to buy a new one til I ended up with 24 slots.

So I have 48 slot inventory and 24 slot multi tool...

I then farmed a planet that had vortex cubes laying around everywhere. The problem was there was very little in the way of accessible vendors, so I'd have to find a galactic trade interface somewhere and farm as many of those cubes as I could within a certain radius of that interface then move on. Dropped like 15 mil on a 35 slot ship and have since been searching ships, but only found two that are upgrades, so now I have a 37 slotter. Time to start ship farming I guess. Don't want to invest in a ton of the warp upgrades til I have my "final" ship.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Don't want to invest in a ton of the warp upgrades til I have my "final" ship.
    I was basically browsing the NMS reddit when I saw someone post the trick, which was good because I was starting to get annoyed by prices at 24-slotters. Pretty much dropped everything to grind the 48 slots out for precisely that reason; there didn't seem to be a point to upgrading a ship that I'd probably replace in the same time I spent upgrading it. So just grind out the slots and get something that doesn't look godawful, and now I'm casually hunting for something that looks fantastic.

FWIW, Exosuit slots are ALWAYS a cheaper investment than ship slots. Even in terms of time invested with the crashed ship hunt. I think the total cost for getting all 48 inventory slots in your suit is like 6 mill? Peanuts compared to ships.

Deleted
    flight controls in this game are... weird.

- - - Updated - - -

why cant i fly my ship :\ i get it in, and W does nothing? it has full fuel and everything, it just wont take off :|

nevrmind, exiting and re entering ship fixed it

Interesting planet... extereme sentinel presence. They no longer just float by... no, instead they shoot immediately as they see you. Planet does have graviton balls on it. Picking one up causes immediately elite sentinel unit sent at you. Atmosphere is lethal. It rains poison all the time. Sometimes it pick up and becomes a storm. Toxicity also increases at night. Combine night and storm, without protection, my enviromental shielding will errode in like 10seconds. If I hide in caves, it seems some very aggressive animals live inside them.

And I need those graviton balls...

Deleted
    is there a way to stop the game from pausing when i alt tab? :\ when youre doing the hyper drive thing between planets / space station, if you alt tab it pauses which is a bit annoying
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-08-18 at 10:41 PM.

I'm pretty sure the game pauses when you push esc. You know the window where you can name your discoveries, ect. At least i once did that during pulse speed (or whatever that fast speed is called when you fly from planet to planet, for example). It was like few seconds until reaching my target and I went to name the previous planet or something. Much longer time than that few seconds. When I returned to game, it was still in the pulse speed.

is there a way to stop the game from pausing when i alt tab? :\ when youre doing the hyper drive thing between planets / space station, if you alt tab it pauses which is a bit annoying
    Changing to windowed mode (preferably full/borderless) should fix that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance