Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...
    Clearly its a crime for little kids to participate is a christmas pagent at school and sing here comes santa claus. Or spend time making handmade christmas ornaments for an evil christmas tree. The political correctness of hipster nation has reached and all time pathetic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycruise View Post
    Actually Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot did have a unified version of the Universe.. one which revolves around them.
    The universe doesn't revolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar View Post
    It's not a step forward, it's a step sideways. You're 'removing' a problem, and another will take its place. We aren't living in a novel where the good guy wins in the end...we're living in the real world, where people will always have a difference of opinion, and will always believe in something strongly enough to kill for it. You can call it God, or you can call it money, it doesn't really matter.

The point is - if you can't live your life without actively bashing others for expressing themselves in a manner that is universally accepted, you're part of the problem, not the solution.
    I sincerely don't feel I've resorted to bashing anyone. I've pointed out several logical inconsistencies, and simply stated that I don't believe religion has a place in public schools.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycruise View Post
    Not really, simply showing why said person who makes snide comments at anyone who supports Christianity considers himself to be so much more intelligent while having things go straight over the top of his head. i
    not my fault you don't understand US history, constitutional law, or basic math. that's your bad. learn some personal responsibility for your failings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    This is so wrong - your post just shows that you don't have OWN standards, you just blindly follow the crowd. This is why we cannot have nice things...
    No, I do not blindly follow the crowd. But I know where common sense, and rational thought rules, and where not.
    I stated in my last posting, I hate the Catholic Church, and I refuse the Bible. I mean that.
    But common sense and rational thought command me, how to challenge these values in our society are probably more damaging than anything. I oppose them, so I draw my own conclusions and live with them. I can perfectly remove myself from religious exposure. I do not have to run to the authorities to force them to remove something I do not believe it, to the point of outright opposing them. Because I know there are others who do not think like I do. The think and believe the opposite.
    And I am happen to be in a minority. I can live with that, because I pride myself into respect and tolerance for the fellow human next to me.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Clearly its a crime for little kids to participate is a christmas pagent at school and sing here comes santa claus. Or spend time making handmade christmas ornaments for an evil christmas tree. The political correctness of hipster nation has reached and all time pathetic level.
    Once a-fucking-gain, nobody is against "Here Comes Santa Claus." We are against the inclusion of religious iconography in this completely unnecessary law, as all the secular items were already protected by Supreme Court precedent.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I sincerely don't feel I've resorted to bashing anyone. I've pointed out several logical inconsistencies, and simply stated that I don't believe religion has a place in public schools.
    Does tradition? And if so, how do you divide it?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

because you have the right to force someone else's kids to do as you see fit. fascist.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-12-11 at 08:46 AM.

Edit: Not much of a point now, is there?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    And if so, how do you divide it?
    They're called private schools. You know the one where I got detention for pointing out that Jesus really wasn't born in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Does tradition? And if so, how do you divide it?
    Traditional items very rarely evoke clear religious connotations. For instance, Santa Claus is so far removed from his religious origins (which ones, take your pick) he can't be considered objectionable.

Jesus Christ is very clearly a figure of Christian Mythos, particularly placed in the nativity.

As much as I love Christmas, I think it's a gross imposition to display all these things in public. Since school is mandatory for minors, there's no avoiding it. Are they going to display the cross and hold mass next? Display christian easter stuff too?

"We hope to see fewer school districts being naughty and more districts being nice," said conservative activist Jonathan Saenz, president of a group called Texas Values. I hope they're not implying that being offended is being naughty.

You didn't quite get it. You, as american, live in a place where religion is expected to stay in the private sphere of your life. Like singing songs about angel, jesus etc. No one want to make christmas dissapear (and everybody agreed that "the christmas spirit" is shared by everyone, even the non-catholic guy). The problem lies is making a law to ensure that christianity is taught at school, under the disguise of innocent songs and figurines.

Christmas, by itself, is not a problem and wiil probably never be. The law about school is one
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. Since this thread has turned away from discussing the law and turned into a fight between religious people and atheists over who smells worse and so on, I'm shutting this thread down.