Video game sub forum request: Starcraft 2

It has been discussed on our mega thread for a while now that Starcraft 2 is a game worthy of its own sub forum for a number of reasons:

It fits MMOC very well (Blizzard game, strategic game with dedicated community effort going into it)
    Hugely popular brand with many fans around the world
    Growing community that is unfortunately for the most part, stuck on 2 websites (teamliquid.com and reddit.com/r/starcraft)
    Major E-Sport worldwide with one of the largest global tournament systems and millions of unique viewers

I know this will probably not happen but its a goal I really want to accomplish and since its currently the only modern Blizzard game that doesn't have a sub forum I find it surprising that it still does not have one. Thank you.

Deleted
    The biggest problem is activity. The Starcraft 2 thread has not even reached 200 pages in over 2 years. While Dota 2 (for example) is up to 563 on 1½ year. And that sub forum is not very active.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    The biggest problem is activity. The Starcraft 2 thread has not even reached 200 pages in over 2 years. While Dota 2 (for example) is up to 563 on 1½ year. And that sub forum is not very active.
    I feel as though the thread and the entire discussion of the game and community would be able to grow more if we had more exposure on the site since most likely everyone on MMOC has heard of or played the game before or at the very least knows people who do. Not to mention its the only Blizzard game that does not currently have its own sub forum when Heroes of the Storm got one over night after Blizzcon.

I find it odd that Starcraft 2 did not get a sub forum when it came out but there might have been complications or lack of interest at the time, I don't know I didn't go on here back then.

hardly anyone talks about sc2 here and there were already lots of established websites that covered it.

I agree we could use a sub forum as it would certainly make the Sc2 scene here popular. I go on the Sc2 thread all the time and I can barely find it among all the other general threads in the video game section. Imagine how it is for people who never posted there, they might not even know a Sc2 thread exists. I mean come on its one thread among the hundreds of threads so people wont see it so it wont be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    hardly anyone talks about sc2 here and there were already lots of established websites that covered it.
    Lots of websites talk about other games, doesnt stop this website from existing. Also people on this forum do know of Starcraft 2 and I know a lot of people on this forum do play it. The thread may not be popular but there was a tournament with at least 40 people signed up, sure it was 2 years ago but the sc2 scene only grew from there. So there definitely was and still is interest.
    With an actual sub forum people might post there as everything would be more organized and people could get an answer easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support the idea, but obviously agree that we have very few people visiting.

Kerdoz, I wub you, where have you gone? :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Sorry to say but that game doesn't even come close as having the activity it deserves for a subforum. And just because its a Blizzard game doesn't mean it should be ensured to get its own subforum

I haven't played SC2 myself for over a year now, but I do sometimes take a look in the megathread. And the only thing I see as activity is talking about how great <insert name> SC2 player did in <insert tourament> match and stuff, with other people agree'ing and all. A megathread should be more than enough for this game.

*sneaks this in*

You know what would be nice? A separate subforum* for specific Megathreads from general video gaming threads. There are like 90 stickies and it's hard to find an interesting thread without checking like the last 3 pages of Video game subforum.

* I don't mean like a whole section like Diablo 3, Final Fantasy, etc. I mean like how the computer section has a help subforum and the lore section has a role playing subforum.

Just sayin.'

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sorry to say but that game doesn't even come close as having the activity it deserves for a subforum. And just because its a Blizzard game doesn't mean it should be ensured to get its own subforum

I haven't played SC2 myself for over a year now, but I do sometimes take a look in the megathread. And the only thing I see as activity is talking about how great SC2 player did in match and stuff, with other people agree'ing and all. A megathread should be more than enough for this game.
    Like someone said in the Sc2 thread, look at minecraft its a sub forum and there is only really one active thread, with a few odds and ends getting some posts and like said before, a megathread would make it easier to communicate to other people so more people can talk, having a section for each race, custom maps etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I feel as though the thread and the entire discussion of the game and community would be able to grow more if we had more exposure on the site since most likely everyone on MMOC has heard of or played the game before or at the very least knows people who do. Not to mention its the only Blizzard game that does not currently have its own sub forum when Heroes of the Storm got one over night after Blizzcon.

I find it odd that Starcraft 2 did not get a sub forum when it came out but there might have been complications or lack of interest at the time, I don't know I didn't go on here back then.
    I can't say why it is the only active Blizzard game without its forum as I have never visited the SC2 thread and I was not in the moderator team when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I support the idea, but obviously agree that we have very few people visiting.

Kerdoz, I wub you, where have you gone? :'(
    IRL and stuff. I am on skype everyday (almost) though.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Like someone said in the Sc2 thread, look at minecraft its a sub forum and there is only really one active thread, with a few odds and ends getting some posts and like said before, a megathread would make it easier to communicate to other people so more people can talk, having a section for each race, custom maps etc.
    That is the thing. Why should we have more subforums with almost no activity? I do not belive that adding a subforum would generate in even 25 new frequent posters.

Unfortunately there isn't enough activity for a SC2 subforum at this time. We will keep in in mind if we ever add smaller subforums though.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't enough to be discussed about SC2 that can't just be found on the official forums.

Seeing as though SC2 seems to have a much less Toxic community to WoW/Diablo