Poll: What do you think?

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care much. Easy, hard... doesn't matter as long as they're entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Heroics are there so you can farm points for real gear, I don't see why they should be hard, which means slow.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    great "change", i just don't know if I can trust Blizzard in going through with this.
    today, the dungeons are so easy that they feel like a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Heroics being difficult is not stupid if the heroics contained loot equal in quality to LFR, and could serve as the pre-normal raid stepping stone like LFR does, but one that is a better challenge for a smaller group.
    I actually agree to this heavily, have normal dungeons at level cap give gear appropriate for LFR and have Heroic dungeons give gear appropriate to Normal raiding.

I think it will be fine so long as there are other ways to progress your character. (That's their goal iirc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like hard heroics, but I also like penguins... The poll needs more options.

I remember when Ghost Crawler, leading up to the launch of MoP, said that heroics "would be hard."

That lasted for about a week. Then they started hotfixing nerfs.

I'll believe it when I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the trash isn't damn obnoxious like Grim Batol. I don't long dungeons but the trash should be *faceroll* if that's their design. Too much trash=longer dungeon. Bosses themselves should be *challenging*. Sure some trash or *mini bosses* should have some type of *Pay attention or you'll die to me lulz* mechanic. Like I said it all depends on the design of the dungeon.

I actually agree to this heavily, have normal dungeons at level cap give gear appropriate for LFR and have Heroic dungeons give gear appropriate to Normal raiding.
    Then it should be tuned to to normal mode mechanics of a regular raid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics in MoP were easier than normal dungeons to begin with. So yes heroics should be harder. I think heroics is a good way to learn about your class/playstyle. and today there's alot of people who don't have any clue about anything at all. and yes I find this sad.

When I think of MoP Heroics not being hard, I remember PUGs not understanding just how simple Commander Ri'mok really is and eat Frenzied Assault in the face.

Deleted
    Was about time

Depends. I'll analyze it for you by expansion by a Prot Warrior's perspective.

TBC Hard meant nobody clearing Heroics. The difficulty curve required you to be in raid epics in order to clear a Heroic, proper class set with dependable CC. (Usually that consisted of a Prot Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Hunter, and a Priest iirc) In addition, some Heroics were just not worth clearing because the time, effort, difficulty, and amount of trash needed to clear the instance was too darn high. (I'm looking at you Mana Tombs, Shadow Labs, and Arcatraz!) Heroics generally weren't fun in TBC. However, I will give them credit that they had placed really decent epics and gems on the final bosses of each heroic. That was just about the only good move.

Wrath - Heroics were extremely accessible and easy. Almost too easy. While at first before people were geared players would AoE down groups of monsters down group at a time. Later when people got more geared up they'd pull full rooms of monsters to murder at will. Bosses were extremely easy, and the heroics rewards were excellent. A lot of casuals look back to Wrath heroics as the peak of heroics because they were quick, fun, and an easy way to gear up for raids quickly. Blizzard would also release four new instances later on with increased difficulty and better loot to ease people into current raid content.

Cataclysm - Heroics were brutally hard because Blizzard listened to that small minority in the community that wanted harder dungeons for less loot. Cataclysm heroics were just stupidly hard because you had to do a lot more work for less reward. Some of the five mans were impossible to even do with pugs because the difficulty margin was raid level. (I'm specifically looking at you Grim Batol and Blackrock Depth's Fire Element boss). Should you make it to the end the bosses only dropped a slightly ilvl heroic version of items you had already gotten that didn't really make the content. I had ended up quitting WoW during the Cataclysm era because the frustration level as a tank caused me to simply quit the game.

Mists of Pandaria - Coming into Mists I've seen mixed results. Over geared groups plow through the content like they should. They massively out gear the places, so why not let them walk right through it? I've also had under geared groups who struggle to survive in even Heroic Scholomance. I wasn't around for 5.0-5.3 so I missed the initial entry level heroic period, but I figure that it was tougher at one point, but got extremely easier once people got geared. However, by the way it sounds most people just think of the content today with ilvl 550+ gear rather than before when they wre ilvl463-ilvl476. In terms of previous games, they returned epics to the heroic loot tables, but they have a low percentage rate.

If they went back to harder difficulties for heroics they need to gauge it between Wrath and TBC. You need to set a fine pace with heroics (Nobody wants to be in a heroic dungeon for more than 20 minutes at most), but at the same time set up a difficulty curve with a reward system that makes doing heroics worth while.
    Last edited by Waffen; 2013-12-10 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Our current goal is to make WoD heroics similar to the difficulty level you had in Vortex Pinnacle heroic for example."

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8756?page=4#63

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "Our current goal is to make WoD heroics similar to the difficulty level you had in Vortex Pinnacle heroic for example."

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8756?page=4#63
    That's not very difficult at all.

I guess it's a bit harder than the current 4 dps + Healer system. Sometimes my guildies and I do 5 dps and rely on enh shaman heals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Depends. I'll analyze it for you by expansion by a Prot Warrior's perspective.

TBC Hard meant nobody clearing Heroics. The difficulty curve required you to be in raid epics in order to clear a Heroic, proper class set with dependable CC. (Usually that consisted of a Prot Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Hunter, and a Priest iirc) In addition, some Heroics were just not worth clearing because the time, effort, difficulty, and amount of trash needed to clear the instance was too darn high. (I'm looking at you Mana Tombs, Shadow Labs, and Arcatraz!) Heroics generally weren't fun in TBC. However, I will give them credit that they had placed really decent epics and gems on the final bosses of each heroic. That was just about the only good move.
    bullshit. they were absolutely doable in blue gear. it just required some actual strategy and proper execution instead of rushing through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    bullshit. they were absolutely doable in blue gear.
    Barring you had a CC person with you and certain specs only barely had one spec that was viable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed how hard the cata dungeons were and it really prepared people better for raids that way.

Its called heroic for a reason, if you just faceroll every single one of them the word begins to not live up to its meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want heroic to be just like at the start of Cataclysm, they were HARD!, not so hard as BC but still they were hard... until they got nerfed D:

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Well they did that in Cataclysm, can't say it worked out well, guess we shall see:P
    It did work better than MoP. Problems begin when you listen to the whiners on forums. If I was making a game, I'd do the opposite of what the forums demand, just to be on the safe side and to have an actual good product later. :P