Poll: What do you think?

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is the idea I've been juggling for a while now. These are sample iLevels, but the concept remains.

Level 90-99: Normal dungeons
    Level 100: Heroic dungeons (iLvL 620 required. iLvL 650 drops.)
    Level 100: Mythic dungeons (iLvL 640 required, iLvl 670 drops.)
    Level 100: LFR (iLvL 640 required, iLvL 670 drops.)

First, it's important that LFR and "Mythic" dungeons (or whatever the hardest dungeon difficulty might be) are on the same ilevel in gear. Why? It gives the playerbase a clear path to take. The more experienced player can gather a group of friends and test his mettle with the hard 5-mans. Short runs, but harder. The less experienced player, if he fails in hard 5-mans or doesn't want to do them outright, can continue queuing up for LFR like he always has. Longer than a 5-man, but easier.

So far, I haven't seen a problem with this concept. Doesn't it please everyone? Better players don't have to slog through LFR on alts and new/less experienced players can continue doing content at a more modest difficulty.

What about using Proving Grounds as something actually useful? Re-worked to actually teach you skills? (granted I haven't done them on live but I don't see the point)

Normal dungeons - low ilvl requirement (quest gear) - have to complete basic Proving Ground challenge for whatever role you are queuing as, no need for medal
    Heroic dungeons - normal dungeon ilvl required - have to achieve Bronze medal for the role you queue as
    LFR - heroic dungeon ilvl required - have to achieve Silver medal for the role you queue as
    Flex raid / Mythic dungeon difficulty - LFR/heroic dungeon ilvl required, have to achieve Gold medal for the role you queue as

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    This is the idea I've been juggling for a while now. These are sample iLevels, but the concept remains.

Level 90-99: Normal dungeons
    Level 100: Heroic dungeons (iLvL 620 required. iLvL 650 drops.)
    Level 100: Mythic dungeons (iLvL 640 required, iLvl 670 drops.)
    Level 100: LFR (iLvL 640 required, iLvL 670 drops.)

First, it's important that LFR and "Mythic" dungeons (or whatever the hardest dungeon difficulty might be) are on the same ilevel in gear. Why? It gives the playerbase a clear path to take. The more experienced player can gather a group of friends and test his mettle with the hard 5-mans. Short runs, but harder. The less experienced player, if he fails in hard 5-mans or doesn't want to do them outright, can continue queuing up for LFR like he always has. Longer than a 5-man, but easier.

So far, I haven't seen a problem with this concept. Doesn't it please everyone? Better players don't have to slog through LFR on alts and new/less experienced players can continue doing content at a more modest difficulty.
    OR

Level 90-99 : Normal Dungeons
    Level 100 : Normal Dungeons (ILvL 620 required, ILvL 650 Drops.)
    Level 100 : LFR (ILvL 640 required ILvL 670 Drops)
    Level 100 : Heroic Dungeons (ILvL 640 required ILvL 670 Drops Requires Pre-Made Group)

Though I like your idea, I think this is the best solution for Blizzard so they don't have to make ANOTHER difficulty for dungeons.

Yeah, I definitely want the hard 5-man option to require a pre-made group like heroic scenarios. Totally forgot to put that in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Yeah, I definitely want the hard 5-man option to require a pre-made group like heroic scenarios. Totally forgot to put that in.
    I don't see why there can't be a queue for them, I really don't. Some players on dud realms, or with awkward times, may not have the benefit of guild or a trade chat to help them; that doesn't mean they don't have the ability to clear these dungeons.

I get the whole argument that you can't put random groups together and expect them to play well, but that choice should be up to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I don't see why there can't be a queue for them, I really don't. Some players on dud realms, or with awkward times, may not have the benefit of guild or a trade chat to help them; that doesn't mean they don't have the ability to clear these dungeons.

I get the whole argument that you can't put random groups together and expect them to play well, but that choice should be up to the players.
    The new group finder will make this less of an issue, I think. You can put together a group for anything you want.

Polls on MMO-C mean nothing, both in the flying topics and here.

15+ Year Old Account
    They will probably be hard at the beginning but then nerfed after some weeks of ppl flooding forums that they need nerfs

Deleted
    I've voted "Awesome" but we all know how it'll end, they've tried with Cataclysm and we all know what has happened, people will start complaining that they're too difficult and can't progress further and Blizzard must nerf everything, so that people will complain about the heroics being too easy and will start accusing Blizzard to cater to casuals, it's a neverending circle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Polls on MMO-C mean nothing, both in the flying topics and here.
    That's correct, but only half the truth. Look at the comments section of Street's moronic "dungeons hard blahblahblah"

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9976789/#comments

Feels like 95% support from people with lots of disposable time. And that shit got canned within weeks. Best bet is to look at what the majority of mouthy forum dwellers want and implement the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Feels like 95% support from people with lots of disposable time. And that shit got canned within weeks. Best bet is to look at what the majority of mouthy forum dwellers want and implement the opposite.
    It got canned for a reason, it was absolutely fucking ruining gameplay. People (both devs and especially gamers) though, don't realized subtle differences. For instance, "hard heroics" can be a good thing but designing LFD around it is a pretty bad idea. It's the reason LFR has been a massive failure this expansion.

There's good things to "hard heroics" - by having a lot of free time (if I had the free time I do now, I would have had to quit the game) I was able to learn the game rather quickly, the hard way. I think to a point that has made me as a raider almost better off than "Wrath babies" who started the game previously but when things were easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post

Because LFD trash teleport to dungeon, suck ass for 5min, leave group, and cry on forums for nerfs incessantly and they get the nerfs eventually ruining the dungeons. That is why there should not be LFD for mythic.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata heroics were fun and hard. Games in general should have a measure of difficulty and reward when beating something. Which is also why I feel they should remove LFR and leave flex as the difficulty below normal. Such as if it were released with MoP have heroics give the usually 463 with the rare chance of an epic, then have Flex with gear drops at 476 then have normals drop 489. I think Blizzard has to start looking at the server community in general and realize that was an integral part of MMO's and people should start making friends on their respective servers(which connecting servers isnt a bad idea) Im not saying that we dont make friends, I would just like to see people in pug's more accountable for their actions, something you dont see in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Im not saying that we dont make friends, I would just like to see people in pug's more accountable for their actions, something you dont see in LFR.
    It's also easier to teach newer players how to play if they are brought into a smaller group, than in a 25 man mess when "mob mentality" takes over. Face it, at the end of the day a pretty important step in going from "noob" to "veteran" is having other players (not just guides/written stuff, which a "noob" can't tell which ones are good or bad) instruct you on what's the right way to do things.

That's a lot easier to do and more rewarding in smaller groups, in larger groups it's hard to sort out who to listen to (for the noob), and for the veteran, extremely frustrating dealing with many scrubs at a time.

Deleted
    Terrible idea. I don't see why people want tougher heroics in the days of Dungeon Finder. Heroics are a time-sink. They're a stepping stone. A grind. They're not like raids, which you do to gain high quality loot and to experience the fun of team work and co-op play, they're the obstacle you overcome to go raiding. I like the WOTLK/MoP model for heroics, quick and easy and you can blast through them in 10-15 minutes. Simple enough that you can expect the four other randoms that get tossed in with you to have the mental capacity to do them in an efficient manner, but not so simple that you don't have to use at least a bit of your brain.

Been here and done it already. But if they need to to blow up in their faces again then so be it.

How many max level normal dungeons will there be? Iirc, there will be leveling dungeons, so how can there be enough max level normal dungeons? Unless those leveling dungeons have max level normal versions as well, in essence making some of those leveling dungeons have 3 difficulties.

We'll have to wait and see exactly what Blizz has in store, but if normal mode dungeons are entry level gear to stuff like LFR, it may have made more sense to instead of having "max level normal dungeons" they could've renamed those heroic dungeons and rename heroic dungeons mythic dungeons. I think some people are getting too tripped up by the terms "normal dungeon" and "heroic dungeons" where I believe "normal dungeons" will actually just equal MoP "heroics" in difficulty and rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Been here and done it already. But if they need to to blow up in their faces again then so be it.
    Once again, difference is Cata had no options outside of heroic 5 mans, this time there are.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about it, and reading their post "announcing" harder heroics I've decided they should've just called "hard heroics" mythic. It appears there will be normal modes of all dungeons at max level. And heroics. That's going to be very confusing for people as what they've had since 4.3 was heroics = easy. And there haven't been max level normals in awhile.

They're likely going for a new form of endgame where heroics are endgame for some people. Not a path for entry level gear to LFR.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2013-12-22 at 03:31 AM.

5 man dungeons need a different structural purpose in the overarching design of content right now before their difficulty is even relevant. Since TBC 5 mans have been largely useless within the first month for the majority of the player base. Until something happens that significantly extends the time that they're relevant than their difficulty really means fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    5 man dungeons need a different structural purpose in the overarching design of content right now before their difficulty is even relevant. Since TBC 5 mans have been largely useless within the first month for the majority of the player base. Until something happens that significantly extends the time that they're relevant than their difficulty really means fuck all.
    Just so I can get some perspective on what you are saying, what would you say is the overarching design of current LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    Terrible idea. I don't see why people want tougher heroics in the days of Dungeon Finder. Heroics are a time-sink. They're a stepping stone. A grind. They're not like raids, which you do to gain high quality loot and to experience the fun of team work and co-op play, they're the obstacle you overcome to go raiding. I like the WOTLK/MoP model for heroics, quick and easy and you can blast through them in 10-15 minutes. Simple enough that you can expect the four other randoms that get tossed in with you to have the mental capacity to do them in an efficient manner, but not so simple that you don't have to use at least a bit of your brain.
    Not every player gives a shit about raiding. The act of raiding is also a grind, a "time-sink." That WotLK experience came after players massively outgeared the content and was still more difficult than MoP "heroics" at minimum ilvl requirements. Dungeons might be a stepping stone for you while for a number of players even in WotLK the dungeons was all they cared about. The majority doesnt do traditional raiding which requires teamwork and co-op play. LFR has shown to have failed in the developers goal to be the only long term end game for non-traditional raiders. Blizzard is looking for a variety of methods to keep the wide variety of customers who play WoW engaged.

Scenarios are still there if you want something fast and easy along with normal modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    While the value of badge farming had increased with new rewards popping up later in the expansion the idea that the rewards was largely useless within the first month for the majority would only hold claim to serious progression raiders. The majority didnt raid and the time investment required to exhaust those heroics within a month was no small task for those on a more casual play time.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-12-22 at 04:16 AM.