WeakAura - healing cds rotation

I've seen a guild using WA to setup a healing cd rotation (this was on HM Thok). I haven't used WA enough to know this, could anyone enlighten me on how it works exactly? Or maybe point to a link explaining it? Does it warn people when its time for them to use their cds? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Weakaura - New - Text.

It's just a visual reminder.

WA is a general purpose addon for displaying information in response to game events. It does not have any pre-loaded framework for setting up healing CD rotations.

You can, however, use its logic to set up a CD rotation in whatever way you want. It will just take some learning of the basics of the addon, or having somebody more experienced create it for you.

Hello again pnutbutter.

I recently decided to try to write a weakaura that accomplishes such a task for heroic Thok.
    http://pastebin.com/esK0SShX

The goal was threefold:
    1.) Display a text aura with the entire CD rotation (simple to do in WA)
    2.) Dynamically update a second text aura based on Thok's stacks of "Acceleration" that says who's CD should be being used right now.
    3.) Announce via raid warning who's CD is up next, again based on Thok's stacks.

Now, I started coding these auras AFTER last week's heroic Thok kill, so I haven't had a chance to test if they work in action, but it should work in concept.

The only struggle I had was figuring out where to put the code for the RaidWarning. I ended up putting it inside the custom text function of the second text aura:
    Code:
    function()
        local cdRotationThok = {
            [3]="4- VE (Prodigy)",        
            [4]="5- Banner (Lts) ",        
            [6]="7- AM (Avoka) ",        
            [7]="8- Tide (Ozzy) ",        
            [8]="9- RC (Lts) ",        
            [10]="11- Tide (Anabolik) ",        
            [11]="12- Banner (Porky) ",        
            [13]="14- BoP Tranq (Krippsy) ",
            [14]="15- Tide (Tiny) ",
            [15]="16- AM (Rayne) ",
            [17]="18- BoP Tranq (Scorch) ",
            [19]="20- Collapse, Barrier (Navi), RC (Porky) ",
            [21]="22- Barrier (Bael), Smokebomb (Rivai) ",
            [22]="23- Tranq (Fyasko) ",   
            [23]="24- Spirit Link (Tiny)"
        }

local thokAccel = select(4, UnitBuff("boss1", "Acceleration"));
        local msgRW = cdRotationThok[thokAccel];
        SendChatMessage(msgRW or "", "RAID_WARNING", nil);
        return cdRotationThok[thokAccel] or nil;
    end
    I have the raidwarning trigger one stack early... So if we want a Tranquility at stack 20, the raid warning will trigger when Thok hits stack 19.

I'll find out either tonight or tomorrow, depending on if we get to Thok tonight or tomorrow, if this actually works.

Thanks dankestbuds, thats exactly the thing I was looking for. I just can't see my self calling all the freaking cds rotation all the time if I could have an addon that would do a /rw or something like that to call for our cds rotation. I'm not lf an addon that will tell me which rotation to use, just something that will help me call them based on certain events.

Well, just tested in a flex and it's not working, going to check for what's wrong and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    Well, just tested in a flex and it's not working, going to check for what's wrong and report back.
    the 3rd one is only updating text on trigger update

Made some changes, waiting on this oQueue group for flex3 to fill up so I can test it out.
    http://pastebin.com/SYeEsray

It works when I'm sitting at target dummies and using Agony(which stacks up to 10) and UnitDebuff in place of Acceleration and UnitBuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    the 3rd one is only updating text on trigger update
    Yea, since I put the code for sending the Raid Warning inside the custom text function, when I had "Every Frame" checked, it spammed me with raid warnings.

I totally forgot that thok gains stacks of Acceleration each time he casts "Deafening Screech", so I made my trigger COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, and then I returned true if SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS from thok's deafening screech.
    Last edited by LET JIMMY RAID; 2013-12-11 at 01:28 AM.

Did heroic thok tonight, it worked perfectly! I made the raid warnings only announce when thok's hp is over 50%, since the second stack phase not all CDs are back up, though it was close. If I reallllly wanted to, I could duplicate it and make a new set of raidwarnings for the second stack phase, but the first is really the important one.

http://pastebin.com/N4u4RuSP

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you stack at 28, kite for 11 blood frenzies and pen cage then all your 3 minutes will exactly line up
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    If you stack at 28, kite for 11 blood frenzies and open cage then all your 3 minutes will exactly line up
    Yea, we end up doing ~27 and 14 blood frenzies this week, so everything was in fact back up. I removed the >50% trigger now.

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

i would like to create some weak aura strings, especially heal cds for every boss in soo

unfortunately, i really dont know how to start

are there guides/how to´s around?

thanks