Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Yes the whole society thinks that expect for sexist bigots. Woman can be it.

Majority of sexism towards woman is benevolent in the western world nowadays.
    Some insults get over it everybody has to cope with them.
    Sexist commercials? Both have their fair share.
    Go in the male ghetto of a clothing/shoe store
    Just look at health stats,education, consumer spending and who the dirty hand jobs does.

Bitching about glass towers and apex privileges wont get you the support of average joe.
    I did mention the blind didn't I?

The majority of sexism towards women is benevolent today... really. So if every time you got somewhere in life people remarked "It's because you love taking it up the ass", that wouldn't be harmful to your life at all. Fair enough, your prerogative. (One example of MANY daily situations for women in the western world)

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    But sexism towards men isn't a problem?

4 times as many men as women decide to put a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger, even though men die sooner on average than women, but some women make 20% less money than their male counterparts?

WELL BLOW ME DOWN. WE NEED MOAR FEMINISTS.

EDIT: The next time a woman is struggling with a pickle jar, staring at me with puppy dog eyes, I should remember all of these double standards, and tell her to go fuck herself, just like I would to a man having the same problem.
    Are you joking? Four times as many men are pathetic that's why they're putting the gun in their mouth - where did that statistic come from btw? How does that have anything to do with sexism. Wtf are you even talking about.

You are 100% correct OP and i am glad males are finally starting to call bullshit on this crap, i am all for equality but the hard line feminists want superiority not equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    You are 100% correct OP and i am glad males are finally starting to call bullshit on this crap, i am all for equality but the hard line feminists want superiority not equality.
    Yep, that's exactly what the video was representing - women getting more than men. You are totally keen on equality.

</sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    Are you joking? Four times as many men are pathetic that's why they're putting the gun in their mouth - where did that statistic come from btw? How does that have anything to do with sexism. Wtf are you even talking about.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_...ces_in_suicide

And way to be obviously sexist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The ignorance in this statement is unequaled. It's come leaps and bounds, but to say we're all good is just deliberate ignorance.
    The justice system is definitely biased towards women. Who gets custody of the kids with the exception of extreme circumstances? Who's more likely to get convicted when accused of rape? Hell, who gets taken more seriously when they come forward about being raped? Some food for thought.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: The next time a woman is struggling with a pickle jar, staring at me with puppy dog eyes, I should remember all of these double standards, and tell her to go fuck herself, just like I would to a man having the same problem.
    Why not help both of them without expecting anything in return?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Holier than thou much?

Also, you seem to be either naive or very ignorant. The stuff described in that FB post you're upset over does happen. In real life, in the western world.

If it bothers you so much, try not caring about random statements of single individuals on the internet, as someone already suggested. Let people talk. Why do you take offense anyway?
    Everything happens everywhere. Throw enough darts and you'll hit a bullseye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Now I'm not putting her down but things like this severely bother me...

Just to clarify that's me who commented, tell me if I'm wrong, I don't mind.
    Saw that video the other day... We (well some of us) may be in the U.S. but I would not say that we aren't still affected by social stereotypes.

The video never suggested that men are never given those labels, but that women in the same or a compatible position or taking the same stance on something may well be viewed differently. And it's just a fact of life that it happens unfortunately. And it's not necessarily men being evil against women, it's society doing it against women...even if men have long had a big hand in shaping cultures that became the societies of today. If I, as a women, hear a man speaking very firmly I may just feel he's a take charge type. If I hear a woman doing it I may think.."what a bitch." It's a social thing sad to say. Human society has never done well with women having more than one mode or displaying any other behavior beyond "pleasant and harmless." The word "hysteria" of course has it's odd source for a (incorrect and illegitimate) reason...

Lets say Hilary Clinton does win the presidency... we shall wait then what some people say. She's a very strong lady who's unafraid. But people often will take that from a man as being a great leader, though with a woman they may see it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Just think of it like this: men didn't HAVE to give women equal rights in the civilized first world countries. We did it because we're decent and want to see the world a better place
    Wow.. After centuries, no millennia.. no.. for all of human existence.. of gender restrictions/oppression/whatever...excuse me if I don't gush "my hero!" Seems you may still hold the mindset of those who did it in the first place.

Sure a huge amount of men have changed and many within of these younger generations are awesome people, but I don't think any collective self-back patting is deserved. A lot of women worked hard for us, you're not some kind of hero for "freeing" us.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-12-11 at 02:32 AM.

You caught my attention when you said pie. But you had my vote when you said cake. And then when you clarified your opinion I agreed with you.

But I'd have to say, most of that original facebook post is a complete crock of shit.

If my boss is a dick to me, If it's a woman I call her a bitch, if it's a man I call him an asshole.

Assertiveness and pushyness are two completely different things. And if a woman is being pushy, I'm going to call her a pushy bitch.

And when the fuck has any human being on earth ever looked at a coworker sacrificing their own personal time after hours at work and thought of that person as selfish?

I mean, how the fuck does anybody come up with this garbage.

It's fucking stupid garbage. It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman wrote it. When I see a piece of garbage like that, I'm going to call it a piece of garbage.

Expecting me to be like "LULZ IMA PERTEN THIS IS INSIGHTFUL" because a woman wrote it is a fucking double standard.
    My new hero!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    If you think you're being treated unfairly, then stand up and say something. IRL.

Most men talk big on the internet, but when it comes to saying something when it counts, a lot of them chicken out because they still want that approval from women.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Why not help both of them without expecting anything in return?
    Because we're not talking about malevolence. We're talking about double standards based on gender, because apparently that's the bigger issue in society.

So we'll get rid of the double standards, and then work on the malevolence later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    I did mention the blind didn't I?

The majority of sexism towards women is benevolent today... really. So if every time you got somewhere in life people remarked "It's because you love taking it up the ass", that wouldn't be harmful to your life at all. Fair enough, your prerogative. (One example of MANY daily situations for women in the western world)
    So everytime i get an insult thats specifically crafted to emotionally hurt me its sexism?

Look at suicide rates look at consumer spending look at life expectacy look at education look who does all the manual dirty labor.

Woman get the majority of the Pie and its not because you are angelic beings but because its necessary for the survival of our species.
    Look at the life expectacy of monks men do the whole circus just for you its a whole fucking circus of chivalry and feminist take that for granted.

Woman could do it themself but why would they?
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-11 at 02:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Now I'm not putting her down but things like this severely bother me...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/y8IUqEE.png?1[MG]

Just to clarify that's me who commented, tell me if I'm wrong, I don't mind.
    Your whole general attitude proved her point.

Also, Phillipines Pantene might be significant.

I for one agree. Let's remove ALL societal double standards.

I would like to see more women opening doors for men. More women carrying the heavy bags in after grocery shopping. More women in the garage getting dirty doing an oil change on the car. More women shovelling the walk way after 3 feet of snow. Relighting the pilot on the furnace if it goes out, killing spiders for men, fixing the toilet, installing new shingles on the roof, etc.

But sexism towards men isn't a problem?

4 times as many men as women decide to put a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger, even though men die sooner on average than women, but some women make 20% less money than their male counterparts?

WELL BLOW ME DOWN. WE NEED MOAR FEMINISTS.

Holy Red Herring Batman!!!
    "Few maxims have done more harm than, Children should be seen, and not heard."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Right....

Where were you during election 2012?
    2008, right? Obama's succeeded at the expense of women, eg Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. Indeed, sexism is alive and well.

If I agree with everything feminists say maybe I'll get laid - Thought every male feminist ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So everytime i get an insult thats specifically crafted to emotionally hurt me its sexism?

Look at suicide rates look at consumer spending look at life expectacy look at education look who does all the manual dirty labor.

Woman get the majority of the Pie and its not because you are angelic beings but because its necessary for the survival of our species.
    Look at the life expectacy of monks men do the whole circus just for you its a whole fucking circus of chivalry and feminist take that for granted.

Woman could do it themself but why would they?
    No absolutely not, but the point is that when every woman is considered to be in her position because she sucked a whole lot of dick to get there, that is sexism. Obviously this still happens on a daily basis, look in this thread for gods sakes!

Suicide rates, consumer spending, none of these directly relate to sexism at all. Correlation does not imply causation.

P.S. I'm male.

I am not saying you are wrong, but saying like "jesus fucking tits" really discredits you.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    And when the fuck has any human being on earth ever looked at a coworker sacrificing their own personal time after hours at work and thought of that person as selfish?

I mean, how the fuck does anybody come up with this garbage.
    Maybe they possess the ability to realise that "on earth ever" is a bigger place and longer time period than "Gheld's personal perspective from the last year". It happens all the goddamn time. Women are called selfish for "neglecting" their husbands and children for "selfish" causes like work and career. Many young women from many different cultures faces this pressure. How to deal with expectatons conflicting with career aspirations is a topic that comes up in every single of my uni's Women in Engineering field trip I've been on. And yeah, the nice white ladies we generally visit tells us the easy solution is to "stop caring and hire somebody".

It doesn't happen where you are? Great! Now stop pretending the rest of the world with all its different cultures and social norms doesn't exist.

It's fucking stupid garbage. It has nothing to do with the fact that a woman wrote it. When I see a piece of garbage like that, I'm going to call it a piece of garbage.
    Your post is a pile fucking stupid garbage that smacks of absurd egostical eurocentrism.