Quickest way to get lvl 80 gear?

I recently got my buddy into WoW with the RaF and used the auto levels to get my monk leveled up, however, we ran out at 78. I went to go do some leveling and realized that I had level 35 gear. I'm wondering what the quickest way would be to get him some gear for leveling. I have all the Agi BoA gear, so I don't necessarily need a bunch however I really just want to PvP as MW. Should I just grind out the BoA stuff for healing on another toon or is there like a gear vendor for wotlK like there is for cata?

I suggest just getting the gear from AH. If you're 78-79 there's usually green items with high item level, meaning you'll be very strong until you hit 80.
    Those items are usually expensive though because people twink their characters with them. If you're 80, the level 80 cata green gear is usually cheaper.

In short, check the item level of the gear on AH.
    The Cata greens usable at 78-79 costs more but give you lots of stats.
    The WotLK greens for 78-79 has lower ilvl, and therefor less stats, but is usually cheaper.
    If short on gold, wotlk greens should suffice.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-12-10 at 08:45 PM.

Hm cool, IDK why but I wasn't remembering correctly. I forgot I can get the cata stuff at 80, and only have to get through a couple of levels. I'll just pick up a couple of the off pieces like gloves and bracers or something and tank a few dungeons til I hit 80 and buy the adventuring gear so I can PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to get Cata greens at around ilvl 77-78 if you are in pvp. Otherwise you will get destroyed by other people using them.

If you have a higher level toon you can drag a 78 through the cata dungeons like Blackrock cavern. The blues in there can be equipped at lvl78. eg> http://www.wowhead.com/item=55787

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a friend to run you through Naxx25 or the Cata starter dungeons. If you can get into a group then maybe an ICC25H will take you.

Deleted
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/06/03/pa...lysm-leveling/

For when you actually hit 80, you can buy some vendor gear.