Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"LFM Flex __ IL 540+ PST"....what?

Why are there people looking for members with IL 540+ if the Flex runs drop 540 gear?

It makes no sense to me.
    Should they ask for at least 525+? Or even 530?

If it bothers you so much then make your own groups with whatever requirement you want to set. Those people asking for 540+ Ilvl simply want a risk free run.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    People want to be carried. I got into a Flex Raid group today. We did the second wing. One wipe on Galakras and most of the raid group quit. It's pathetic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Maybe they are just trying to do a very fast run?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    People want to be carried. I got into a Flex Raid group today. We did the second wing. One wipe on Galakras and most of the raid group quit. It's pathetic.
    But wiping on Galakras is bit of a joke imo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes /endthread

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    Why are there people looking for members with IL 540+ if the Flex runs drop 540 gear?

It makes no sense to me.
    These are people who already out gear the place, just want to make the run smooth, probably just going for 1 thing if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember ICC.

"LFM ICC 10m, GS 5500."

For those younger viewers, ICC 10 dropped 251 ilvl. 5500 GS was about 260.
    Same shit, different expansion.

And they want that run... for the gear it drops, right? The 540 gear that they, then, must be in need of?

I require 550+ in my runs. Faster runs for what tiny bit of loot that I need. Others are in the same situation.

my alt was 556 and I've been doing flex just to replace 540 mastery pieces with 540 haste pieces and I prefer to join groups with a higher ilvl requirement for sure. higher chance of an easy run.

Well lets see. If you were to be in full flex gear upgraded and nothing else you would be 548, some something like 545 is completely reachable while still needing items from flex. Next, blizzard made the legendary cloak a joke to obtain since its from LFR, so it boosts people's item levels. Lastly, Ordos and celestial loot also boost item level.

It is completely possible to reach much higher while still needed some upgrades from Flex. I know somebody using a 524 ring who is 565 average. He can use a flex ring, but doesn't want to run with lower players. Simple as that.

Also heirlooms. I've run a couple quick wing 4 clears for those with the AoTC who want another shot at heirlooms.

So really OP, get better at math. You can be way above 540 with some gear under 540, and blizzard has made this very easy to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post

It makes no sense to me.
    You can make your own group. You can make your own rules. It's great isn't it?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

540 isnt enough for last wing, sure you can have some under but honestly if you build a raid with 530s in a true pug of random 530s you will NEVER get garrosh and the rest of the last wing down. with gear usually comes more knowledge of the encounter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    And they want that run... for the gear it drops, right? The 540 gear that they, then, must be in need of?
    Yeah...there are weps and trinkets, that don't drop for some people. You you 560+ ilvl ppl running for flex trinkets.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

While they may not need 540 gear they may be looking for a specific trinket, or a tier piece. I am at the point where all I need is a ring, a main hand weapon, a chest token and garrosh trinket and to keep my sanity the higher your ilevel requirements the more likely I am to join you. I am ilevel 559. Doesn't make me a bad person to look for high ilevel requirements because I don't want to face wipe all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieuss View Post
    Yes /endthread
    Well, that was as effective as it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Yeah...there are weps and trinkets, that don't drop for some people. You you 560+ ilvl ppl running for flex trinkets.
    Pretty sure Flex trinkets are better than the heroic cleave trinkets for many. I mean those things are just...

Hopefully Blizz's Oqueue just won't show groups you are ineligible for. No reason to create angst for no reason.

Having said that, there's so many ways you can need gear from Flex even above 540 ilvl. I'm at 569 ilvl and can still use the flex AoC trinket on my hunter.

It's a terrible concept and honestly the kind of thing that drives what little PuG community there is left a little farther apart. Yes, what they're literally asking for, as a few people here have said, is for someone who has no need of being in a flex run to come and run it out of... I guess the goodness or their heart and the want of fast valor points and a bit of gold.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Most of the pugs I join are 540+ to try and void the timeless geared people that are in lfr with all their random stat gear with no gems.