Poll: Would you do it

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The tough thing would be if you remember your past life. It would be weird to have a guy f*** the shit out of me and me be a woman. That would be completely fucked up. And many other sexual things that come to mind that I really wonder how these girls did :P

Having two children makes it really unbelievable hard to choose. The will to live vs the confusion/probability to lose the kids. This sucks. But apart from kids I would take the pill at once. I really like life.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Replace 'turning into a woman'
    I'm just saying that without my thick coat of male privilege I would probably just die in this hostile and dangerous world.

BTW as most men say in these occasions, I would be a real slut if I had to change.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Hell yeah, first of all I'd not die. Secondly, wait that doesn't really matter, I'd be alive.

Without a doubt. Kids would just have to get used to having two moms. Not exactly commonplace in Arkansas, but hey, we're all progressives here right?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Being a woman is way worse than being dead...
    Being a woman has a lot of benefits too, I can assure you

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, being at least mentally, if not practicing bisexual, I would not mind at all.

Secondly, for those of you saying it is egotistical to want to live, what about those around you, whom you are leaving for selfishly not wanting to keep on living if you were the opposite sex. Kind of puts that shoe on the other foot, now doesn't it. I hope you are for suicide, and totally don't think that is selfish, either.

And further, if such a pill did exist, and it only worked in a life or death situation, taking it the first time would cure you, but you could not take a second until another life or death situation were to occur.

Also, if the pill existed, everyone else would know about it, thus lessening the burden of taking it. Your wife/husband, and family would be aware of the choice you had to make, and hopefully would be supportive of a choice to take it, so you would still be around.

So... If I'm not in immediate danger, will I still be allowed to take that pill..?

Deleted
    yep,
    then after weeks, take it again to switch back

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it grants me immortality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it. With my scars and tattoos, I'd make one badass female. Only downside is having to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Deleted
    Probably. Doesn't seem too terrifying and my girlfriend like women too anyways so no problem with that. I like being who I am but maybe I'd learn to live as woman as well.

Deleted
    yes, i think i'd rather be female than dead.

Yes, either way.

I know my bf would probably just want to be friends of course. While he has no problem with gay men, I'm not sure he would become sexually attracted to me SOLELY because of who I was/am to him. We could be great buddies though-- could be fun.

And I'd finally get to see why penises are so awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll lacks the straight up yes and no option.
    For me, it would be yes. I'd rather be alive than dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocThor View Post
    Probably. Doesn't seem too terrifying and my girlfriend like women too anyways so no problem with that. I like being who I am but maybe I'd learn to live as woman as well.
    But you wouldn't like your girlfriend unless you are also bi or secretly gay

Im in a relationship and I'd take that pill instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We did a thing in my cultural anthropology class where we all anonymously wrote a few paragraphs on what we would do if we woke up as the other sex one day. The papers were labeled by the sex and age of who wrote them though (she used papers from her last 20 classes or so though, so that's not as identifying as you might think) For the most part people, myself included, seemed to assume it followed the normal magic rules where nobody knew about it except you. Probably 75%+ of the male-written papers felt it very necessary to assure everyone they'd be a lesbian out of the blue, with out any sort of relationship to the rest of the text.
    Tre bizarre. Not surprising though, seeing as how these issues are treated by most societies.

Nothing less masculine than liking a penis and since masculinity is the gold standard that determines your worth as a man (fuck just being a person, mirite?)...
    We will outgrow that hopefully.

Hell i'd take it just to be a chick

Nothing less masculine than liking a penis and since masculinity is the gold standard that determines your worth as a man (fuck just being a person, mirite?)...
    No, no, no... You see, if you have a penis, you are not worthy of being 'a person' unless you're also overly masculine. Women get a free ride to personhood, from a male perspective.
    Basically: You don't need to prove anything to be considered a woman.
    The same is not true for being a man.

Yeah; it's weird.