Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

[Megathread] Titanfall

Did a search but didn't see any postings about it. Looks like it'll be released for X-Box 360, X-Box one and PC March of 2014.

Game looks pretty neat in my opinion. Anyone interested?

Titanfall Info

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Did a search but didn't see any postings about it. Looks like it'll be released for X-Box 360, X-Box one and PC March of 2014.

Game looks pretty neat in my opinion. Anyone interested?

Titanfall Info
    Mechwarrior + firefall?

I am down with this.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Pretty sure there was a thread on this. Looks awesome and I will get this on PC.

From the makers of 'Last Stand', 'Martydom', 'Grenade Launcher', '3x frag, stun, flash'..

Also;
    This is modern warfare 2 multiplayer launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTDQcggbmh8 (love the comments like "best cod ever")
    And this is how that game turned out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSCrNeCHBc (best cod ever yeah /sarcasm)

Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to Titanfall as well. But these shiny Titanfall trailers don't hold any weight to them. Unless you have fish memory. Then you'd be like "omg this is awesome!".

Let's see how it will turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titanfall, Destiny and TESO are the games that may want me to buy a nextgen consoles.

But i ll wisely wait them to come and wont buy anything yet

Since diablo3 i am a bit paranoid and dont hype too much anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Mechwarrior + firefall?

I am down with this.
    Ahaha, when i first saw the gameplay, a few weeks back, the grounded units, immediatly reminded me of battleframes from Firefall.

I don't know how I feel about a gun in game that has aimbot enabled on that that instant headshots 3 targets it locks on to. It's only used by pilots when they aren't using the Mechs.
    http://titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Titanfall, Destiny and TESO are the games that may want me to buy a nextgen consoles.

But i ll wisely wait them to come and wont buy anything yet

Since diablo3 i am a bit paranoid and dont hype too much anymore.
    You can't seriously want to play an FPS with a controller?
    The best way to play those is with mouse and keyboard. :P

But, dayum this one looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Looking forward to it...not looking forward to EA being involved.
    If that's the case you we as well not bother entirely.
    Last edited by bbr; 2013-12-12 at 10:33 AM.

Looking forward to it...not looking forward to EA being involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it true? Is it really just 6v6?

Really?

If it is then this game just went to the back of the line for me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post

Really?

The more I read/hear about this game, the better off I think I am playing firefall and mechwarrior online instead of a hybrid arena game.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I cancelled my preorder when I found out about the aimbot pistol that is in the game that can headshot 3 enemys. Granted it's a pilot gun but still.

10+ Year Old Account

Really?

Kinda sick and tired of this to be honest. People automatically assume that in shooters more player slots in a match = better game (which is far from true). BF4 is the only shooter I've played with a high player count that does it well imo. If TitanFall had more than 6v6, then it would be too hectic. Plus AI will make games feel more occupied than they really are.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The more I read/hear about this game, the better off I think I am playing firefall and mechwarrior online instead of a hybrid arena game.
    When I play an online fps, I want it to have an M&M feel. A twelve player cap does not a massively multiplayer feeling, for me, make. Its a shame, I had hope for this game but that is way to tiny for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    You can't seriously want to play an FPS with a controller?
    The best way to play those is with mouse and keyboard. :P
    I personally can't stand using a mouse in FPS games, in single-player games it feels like the worlds most boring point-and-click adventure (USE gun ON head) and in multi-player I get out-twitched until it turns into an exercise in frustration.

MechWarrior: Online is an exception to this because responsiveness is limited by your mech's specs and there's more going on that allows battles to be decided by more than just fastest-finger-first. I'm hoping Titanfall - with it's NPCs and giant-robot play - will work similarly but I don't really want to spend £40 or whatever the cost to find out.

Really?

It's because it isn't your usual, player vs. player arena shooter. Games will feature players + player's giant robots + NPCs vs. players + player's giant robots + NPCs. On testing 6-a-side seemed to give the best experience.

I definitely have my eye on Titanfall, but I'm not sure I want to buy a full price game I may not enjoy when there are so many f2p alternatives about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    Plus AI will make games feel more occupied than they really are.
    I have yet to run into an AI, in an fps, that was anywhere near as challenging as another player. When all their code is humming smoothly? They can be mildly entertaining. Though still not very interesting. But as soon as any hiccup comes into play? They can easily turn into an embarrassingly bad joke.

Did Respawn suddenly become AI coding masters?

I have yet to run into an AI, in an fps, that was anywhere near as challenging as another player. When all their code is humming smoothly? They can be mildly entertaining. Though still not very interesting. But as soon as any hiccup comes into play? They can easily turn into an embarrassingly bad joke.

Did Respawn suddenly become AI coding masters?
    The NPCs aren't supposed to replace players, they're a different class of character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The NPCs aren't supposed to replace players, they're a different class of character.
    Then they are not contributing anywhere near as much, to the experience, as another player could. I play online fps's for the chaos, for the challenge that facing dozens of other human beings can bring. I thought Titanfall would be a further refined version of Battlefield, Call of Duty, Planetside, etc...

The 6v6, and AI, revelation shows clearly that it is not. That it is more like a single-player fps's multiplayer mode. How many ?v? is Killzone?

Really?

6v6 players with NPC's involved as well, so it's technically more than 12 IIRC.

We've truly hit the next generation of gaming. Get ready for all the pixels and top secret toad tesselation.

Then they are not contributing anywhere near as much, to the experience, as another player could. I play online fps's for the chaos, for the challenge that facing dozens of other human beings can bring. I thought Titanfall would be a further refined version of Battlefield, Call of Duty, Planetside, etc...

The 6v6, and AI, revelation shows clearly that it is not. That it is more like a single-player fps's multiplayer mode. How many ?v? is Killzone?
    Single-player fps's multiplayer modes are what you are looking for (for example CoD has a single-player campaign and seperate arenas for multiplayer mode). Titanfall does away with the single-player mode altogether, so the Campaign is a multiplayer team vs. team experience.

Killzone doesn't seem to have any multiplayer elements, although I only googled it quickly.