Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why Fury is not enjoyable.

I've gone Fury and am getting more comfortable with it, however I do not enjoy it at all unless it's a PURE single target fight like Iron Juggernaut.

No sudden death so you have to wait the entire CS CD to use it. Meaning if you switch to an add and it's not up, you are screwed, or you need to save it for a boss. E.g on spoils HC if you use a CS on the second of the two green box adds then you are stuck without it for a while when the big box boss is open.

Sure, as Fury you put a lot more damage into a CS compared to Arms. But the amount of time that CS is up in Arms compared to fury surely evens the two out.

Terrible AoE. Coming from Arms this is such a downgrade. Whirldwind and raging blow compared to Arms SS + Slam and TC. I went from top dps to bottom on Protectors and from top to mid on Galakras. It also puts me behind on dps on mostly single target fights as well. The rogue in my raid can hit the 1 add on Malkorok, and I can't (for the most part. If only I had sweeping strikes) and on Shamans HC, before we split into 2 groups and have the bosses on their wolfs, I end up pretty far down on the meter just because of all the AoE going on at the start. Sure I can spec Bladestorm and do more at the start, but then I'm losing DR for when the fight becomes single target.

WW x3 and raging blow. Really? And I'm fucked if there's an awkward 2 target fight. Cleave? Brilliant. :/

All Fury has going for it, at least it seems to me, is a much larger opening burst, and a slightly higher sustained dps. Right now it doesn't make sense why most Warriors are fury when Arms is so much easier to maintain a similar, if slightly lower dps, and has much much better AoE.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-12-11 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malkorok, fury >>>>>>>>>arms. Not sure what you're doing wrong, but you are doing something wrong. The same can be said with shamans...fury>>>>>>arms. On sustained cleave, arms will win, so yes, protectors and galakras. For burst aoe, fury is hands down better. Math says it, as do the real world examples in WOL.

I find Fury to be INCREDIBLY enjoyable to play, and I enjoy the AoE rotation, even if it's well behind Arms' AoE damage output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Versus the rogue in my raid, the better single target as Fury is pretty much pointless with the opening aoe from Shamans. What am I supposed to do if I don't have BS? Charge in, pop all CD's and begin to, DR, WWx3 and RB?

I really don't understand 2 targets. Why can't Fury get SS? WW seems overkill on 2 targets, so that leaves Cleave. Cleave replacing WS as the way to deal with 2 targets is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take bladestorm. It is only slightly behind DR single target and will more than compensate on shamans. Refer to the guide for aoe instructions.

I just have arms/fury dualspec and grab prot if I need to tank Shamans. Fury cleave is a bit clunky but on malkorok it's not really an issue the adds just die from stuff and just do protectors/galakras/spoils as arms imo. Fury is amazing with bladestorm on Sha and immerseus and bats on Thok.

Deleted
    Had my RL link me Protectors log.

I know I could have done things much better, but regardless, what are your thoughts?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1821&e=2270

and Galakras:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5840&e=6398

(I know linking logs wasn't exactly the point of this thread, but it would be nice if you could look over the AoE fights, see what I might be doing wrong and perhaps make me change my mind on Fury AoE. To save me making another thread, if someone can be bothered, could they also look at Juggernaut? I felt like I didn't do badly there, and would have been ahead of the rogue if I didn't start 1/4 of the fight in defensive stance, lol.)
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-12-11 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i love fury. as long as you have good enough crit. i can imagine people with bad gear finds it bad. but yeah i think its in its best state ever now

Deleted
    i aggree that fury can be iffy to play on fights with target switching or adds compared to other classes but in pure single target i love fury, iron jugg and malkarock are lovely

I dislike the sustained Fury aoe rotation as well. I think Meat Cleaver is a clunky mechanic.

That said, Fury isn't designed to be a sustained AoE spec. Arms is. Fury excels at both ST and AoE burst, and its AoE burst (Bladestorm) is even higher than Arms. Higher than most classes to be fair.

That said, Fury is a very powerful spec and I believe its rotation is fairly engaging, fun and rewarding. It certainly has its flaws but every system does. I despise energy based classes, who are very non GCD capped and hate combo points almost as much as I hate dot classes.

Everyone's got their own preferences, at the end of the day, play what you enjoy.

Deleted
    Alot of warriors are underestimating bladestorm on mostly single target fights. I take it on pretty much every fight where that is not purely single-target and I feel as TG dragon roar is actually really weak, most of the time it hits for less than my raging blow in CS.

Since I need to tank on Dark Shamans in my 10man guild I don't have an arms spec to switch for cleave-fights. Usually Im only slightly behind our warlock as fury even then. The better gear you get you will start doing some serious DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Alot of warriors are underestimating bladestorm on mostly single target fights. I take it on pretty much every fight where that is not purely single-target and I feel as TG dragon roar is actually really weak, most of the time it hits for less than my raging blow in CS.

Since I need to tank on Dark Shamans in my 10man guild I don't have an arms spec to switch for cleave-fights. Usually Im only slightly behind our warlock as fury even then. The better gear you get you will start doing some serious DPS.
    Yeah, I've been preaching the benefits of bladestorm all tier. Dragon roar diminishing returns effectively kills it as an option on any fight other than iron juggernaut.

Even on IJ, you have to be careful because if DR hits a damage-immune target (Like the bombs) it'll reduce the damage that it does on IJ by 25%.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-12-12 at 02:15 AM.

Deleted
    Many people underestimate crit scaling for Fury. As arms the rotations is so forgiving that youll do same damage whatever you shove into colossus smashes. Also arms gearing is, it doesnt matter what you gem, as Arms properly scales only with weapon damage.

When you go Fury, go all out on crit. You say "hey but this socket bonus gives free 180str?" No, +320crit, 160crit/hit/exp crit everywhere until you are 49% crit unbuffed. You can start gemming for mastery sooner if you still wanna get Bloodthirsts that dont crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC is clunky. It's rage negative, it doesn't fit well w/ managing BT on CD and RB stacks, and Cleave doesn't fit well either, due to how rage negative MC is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Many people underestimate crit scaling for Fury. As arms the rotations is so forgiving that youll do same damage whatever you shove into colossus smashes. Also arms gearing is, it doesnt matter what you gem, as Arms properly scales only with weapon damage.

When you go Fury, go all out on crit. You say "hey but this socket bonus gives free 180str?" No, +320crit, 160crit/hit/exp crit everywhere until you are 49% crit unbuffed. You can start gemming for mastery sooner if you still wanna get Bloodthirsts that dont crit.
    That's not how you decide when to change gemming for crit AT ALL. BT soft crit cap has ZERO impact on stat weights this tier.

I hate the MoP Fury rotation, I've played every single version of fury since WoW released and the MoP rotation is one of the least rewarding to play. I'm not saying it is bad damage or in-effective, because it performs well. It is just a really boring rotation.

I would so prefer to have the carpel-tunnel inducing rotation back from WotLK than what it is at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    I hate the MoP Fury rotation, I've played every single version of fury since WoW released and the MoP rotation is one of the least rewarding to play. I'm not saying it is bad damage or in-effective, because it performs well. It is just a really boring rotation.

I would so prefer to have the carpel-tunnel inducing rotation back from WotLK than what it is at the moment.
    Link your character. It's more likely that your toon is just undergeared. Fury is a lot more fun at higher gear levels, due to a smoother rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    MC is clunky. It's rage negative, it doesn't fit well w/ managing BT on CD and RB stacks, and Cleave doesn't fit well either, due to how rage negative MC is.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not how you decide when to change gemming for crit AT ALL. BT soft crit cap has ZERO impact on stat weights this tier.
    Meat cleaver performs a lot better, and feels a lot smoother, if you delay BT when enraged to use it. I've gotten to the point where I almost always have 3 globals inbetween bloodthirsts when aoeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury AoE is a bit clunky despite the raw dmg output. whirlwinding for multi-cleave raging blow's a pretty sight to see in combat text despite chances are the mobs are dead when i have max stacks of meat cleaver on top of having to whirlwind 3 times again.

As for single target, sure it's a bit more straightforward than arms, sometimes boring too while waiting for CS to come back up. Wild Strike's proc chance alleviates it somewhat. In addition i see bigger numbers flying during CS phase (with storm bolt especially). WS feels a bit awkward to me though, like, am I supposed to only use it during the proc and ignore it when CS is active? Despite having a 510 fury warrior alt w/ ~11k crit I'm still keen on learning my alt classes.

Overall I think Arms' current rotation is fine, but fury needs a bit more polishing in both single target and aoe.

I've been Arms since WotLK for DPS. I recently (like a week ago) started a Fury Spec. I don't think I'm going back.

I immediately noticed the drop in the CS uptime, but the DPS it can pump out is far more effective despite not having CS up (which I'm removing my glyph for as soon as I can decide on something else).

Also, WW and TC are indeed poor AoE. I specced Bladestorm. I'd go so far as to say it is a necessary requirement for legit AoE DPS as Fury. Also, I solo a lot, having glyphed Bloodthirst as an additional heal to Impending Victory is so much nicer than waiting for the CD on Imp. Victory to save myself when I can bloodthirst for some quick health.

What I would like is for some sort of debuff mitigation, like a glyph that can remove a debuff on some sort of special attack or proc... DoTs just own the crap out of me despite being Fury or Arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Meat cleaver performs a lot better, and feels a lot smoother, if you delay BT when enraged to use it. I've gotten to the point where I almost always have 3 globals inbetween bloodthirsts when aoeing.
    I do to, but its still annoying because MUST HIT BT ON CD mentality lol.