Page 1 of 18
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Soulrender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    142

    MoP is one giant satire comedy with a poor theme and dry humor all around

    WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.


    Cataclysm could have been great if DS wasnt a horrible raid and more focus was placed on the end-game rather than the 1-60 content BUT I cannot complain about that because I think what they did with the 1-60 content was fantastic and needed.

    Im really hoping WoD allows for a more serious tone and a stronger theme that will immerse us. They have 10 levels to do it. Hopefully they will, because I just can't take this expansion serious at all.

    After running SoO a billion times and hearing the same poorly written corny lines from Sylvanas to Lor'Themar or the Paragons or pretty much every other boss, I want to rip my eyes and ears out.

    The whole theme behind the pandaren could have been done a lot better. Its killing me. I apologize if my opinion differs from yours to the point where you feel the need to angrily disagree with me and bash me.




    EDIT: I appreciate what they are doing with the lore with the Garrosh build-up, but I really really really am agitated by the delivery of it (if that makes sense)
    Last edited by Soulrender; 2013-12-12 at 04:43 AM.

  2. #2
    I disagree with basically everything you just said of MoP, but I see this thread as a flamebait simply because of your last sentence.
    And what was the purpose of this rant other than to just put your opinion out there while you could have in any established threads, which you have.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-12-12 at 04:38 AM.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  3. #3
    WoW has never taken itself seriously. All the way back to WC3. Do you think the game would look so cartoony and ridiculous if it ever had?
    χειμερινός εἰμί

  4. #4
    I disagree. I felt Cataclysm was more satire then MoP.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Soulrender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    WoW has never taken itself seriously. All the way back to WC3. Do you think the game would look so cartoony and ridiculous if it ever had?
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I disagree. I felt Cataclysm was more satire then MoP.
    I could agree with you. The reason why I am going on a tangent with MoP and not Cata as much is because I hadn't played much of Cata as I have with MoP, but I do remember a good bit of it in Cata as well.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?
    Absolutely yes.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?
    Definitely yes without question.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    corny jokes
    Every single expansion and even Classic has had plenty of corny jokes. Some argue references to the real world are corny jokes and TBC (example) has plenty of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    immature scenery
    Define immature. What you think of as immature some might think the opposite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    poorly written dialogue?
    The whole of TBC lore. There must always be a Lich King. Dragon Soul.

    Your whole argument seems to base on personal feelings really.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  9. #9
    I completely disagree, though my experience as an Alliance has been blissfully Hozen-free and I'm not familiar with the Horde dialogue in SoO.

    That said, I think if you're taking Warcraft so seriously that you think Mists and Siege of Orgrimmar comes across as satire comedy, while the past expansions have been much more serious, I'm not sure you're coming at this issue with an unbiased mind. There has to be something else about the expansion that you dislike in order for you to try to call it out as a "satire comedy" with a "poor theme."

    Because I remember poop quests in Nagrand, and I remember Kael's setback, and I remember the lack of a meaningful story in BC and Classic, I remember horribly botched characterization, and I remember Linken and Ophera Windfury and Moi'bff Jill and a myriad of other pop culture references, and I remember Harrison Jones, and I remember pretty much everything involving gnomes and goblins, and I remember bat guano, and I remember the Grizzly Hills outhouse, and I remember Faction Champions as a satire of arena play, and all the quests implemented in Cataclsym for low level that you are praising including the Un'goro quests satirizing the dragon slaying knight archetype, the Redridge quests satirizing Rambo, fox poop, I remember Uldum's satire of Indiana Jones comprising the majority of the zone. I remember melodramatic after overdramatic after overwritten speech and dialogue, and it's always been part of the game and part of its charm.

    I remember humor and satire in ever expansion and every iteration of World of Warcraft, and if you see Mists as so drastically different in tone and seriousness from the past, I feel that you are not remembering the past accurately, or that you are letting a separate issue color your perspective on Mists.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Soulrender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Every single expansion and even Classic has had plenty of corny jokes. Some argue references to the real world are corny jokes and TBC (example) has plenty of that.
    I'm not talking about a quest here-and-there. That's obvious.

    I mean literally every boss quote is capable of forcing a cringe out of someone from the bosses in Heart of Fear to the ones in the 90 dungeons.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    I mean literally every boss quote is capable of forcing a cringe out of someone from the bosses in Heart of Fear to the ones in the 90 dungeons.
    And that is a personal feeling. You're trying to argue your opinion is fact which isn't exactly helping.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  12. #12
    If you must warn against flaming or bashing, then generally something is very wrong.
    If you come up with constructive discussion and meaningful arguments then would there be a need for such a statement ?

    Prior expansions equally contained such content if you take a look at it, but instead you choose to ignore that and come up with a veiled anti-pandaren attack.

    Lots you pick fault with, but offering little in way of input.
    You offer no suggestions or alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I could agree with you. The reason why I am going on a tangent with MoP and not Cata as much is because I hadn't played much of Cata as I have with MoP, but I do remember a good bit of it in Cata as well.
    1. Goblin starting zone.

    2. I think we all need to take a break, look up the word satire, and then consider if it's appropriate for this situation.
    Is this where the header goes?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?
    Well, everything until then was mearly a set back really.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    459
    Sounds like someone got ooked in the dooker.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Paula Deen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Albany, Georgia
    Posts
    3,321
    This thread will surely go places!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I could agree with you. The reason why I am going on a tangent with MoP and not Cata as much is because I hadn't played much of Cata as I have with MoP, but I do remember a good bit of it in Cata as well.
    WoW has poop quests.......no serious it does and this was before MoP.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    WoW has poop quests.......no serious it does and this was before MoP.
    I liked the quest line in Azshara where we kept trying to make the stone giant poop.
    Is this where the header goes?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    I'm not talking about a quest here-and-there. That's obvious.

    I mean literally every boss quote is capable of forcing a cringe out of someone from the bosses in Heart of Fear to the ones in the 90 dungeons.
    A quest here or there? How about 70% of a zone dedicated to Nintendo Game references and parody NPCs (un'goro crater, vanilla). 50% of a zone dedicated to someone's mancrush on Indianna Jones (Uldum, Cataclysm). Podracing Goblins / Gnomes in the pre-cataclysm shimmering flats. I mean, jeebus, do you even pay remote attention to the game you have been playing for the last several years? There are enough pop culture references spread everywhere in the game from the blatantly obvious to the incredibly subtle to fill a freaking encyclopedia set.

    Also, you are really going to have to give some examples of your "cringeworthy" boss dialogue in Heart of Fear et al, since none of them even remotely annoyed me, and I guarantee you for every line of dialogue you might find annoying i could find you 5 more from any given expantion that are FAR FAR worse.

    WoW has NEVER been a serious game. Anyone who thinks so really needs to take a step back and take a serious look at the game they are playing.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-12-12 at 06:08 AM.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    363
    What we're dealing with here is a case of selective memory - there is no sense to this thread. It's your opinion, and ofc you're entitled to it. But that's all it is.

    PS No-one has mentioned Karazhan yet, or the Joust questline in Hyjal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •