Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Let's keep things constructive. If you aren't going to contribute to the topic at hand, don't post.

Deleted
    It's been a while since i played arcane on Garrosh, but for normal my guild uses a tactic where we kill both engineers either side in phase 1, and everyone stacks in the middle for the desecrate, we just kill it fast before it does any serious damage to the raid.

Don't put the arcane mage on the engineer it will be a big dps loss for him, arcane barrage has great cleave for the adds in phase 1

In phase 2, we also continue to stack in the middle for the desecrated weapons nuking them down fast. We move out towards the throne during his whirling corruption and stack for aoe heals, when the adds come in phase 2 we loosely spread either side of Garrosh (group 1 and group 2 opposite sides) so we can kill them without them empowering each other.

Then for phase 3 we have the ranged group move together as a group when each desecrate hits, and when the mind control happens we stack in the melee group and move back out after. We don't kill any adds in phase 3, the offtank will kite them while the boss tank will cycle cooldowns tanking Garrosh until he dies.

I think the tactic my guild uses is arcane mage friendly it doesn't require lots of movement, but if he's using Rune of Power with Ice floes he should not lose much casting time due to movement as long as he plans where he places his Rune of Power. I personally find fire spec an easy spec to play for progression, it's gear dependant but it's a simple rotation maybe your mage could give it a shot too if arcane spec doesn't work out on Garrosh for him.

Good luck with Garrosh i hope you kill him and it's good to see you care about your guild members playstyles and want to help them instead of slagging them off like i have seen some people do in the past, more people should follow your example.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Can I suggest he try two things (together and/or separately) and see what happens:
    1. Use Frost armour to get a haste buff to see if that is enough to get things cast?
    2. Use Evocation (temporarily) to see if his DPS is higher with evocation ?

I know on Thok I get pretty equal results as arcane mage using RoP and Evocation.
    these are the worst suggestions i seen on this forums for a while, i really hope ur trolling.

using invocation as arcane is just plain dumb, not only will u go oom every 20 sec and have to channel a 4 second spell that does no dmg whatsoever, but by
    doing that u are also almost completely negating ur mastery, aka ur best stat as arcane.

im sorry but if u get "pretty equal results" on thok or on any other fights with invocation, ur doing it very very wrong.

The suggestions on this thread not only helped our mage, but helped our raid group with positioning on Garrosh as a whole. We killed him last night. Thanks for all the help and ideas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenroul View Post
    The suggestions on this thread not only helped our mage, but helped our raid group with positioning on Garrosh as a whole. We killed him last night. Thanks for all the help and ideas.
    Grats on your kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Especially with his legendary, fire will do 10x better on Garrosh than arcane
    As someone who has tried Garrosh as both Arcane and Fire, this is a gross oversimplification. Arcane and Fire are both fine for Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahid View Post
    snip
    Sounds like an interesting strategy.
    We've been working on Garrosh for too long now and it seems to be p2 that is stopping us. Our dps as a team is good, but we seem to be spending way too long in p2. So long in fact that we have yet to see p3. We've actually been ignoring the weapons and dumping them around the room. I would have thought this would lead to an increase in Garrosh dps, but we are still struggling. We also struggle with positioning for p2 adds, with a bit of panic setting in for most people especially due to the tight window to kill them before desecrate (due to them spawning at different times). May give your strategy a try soon to see if it better for us. Always worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Greenroul View Post
    Grats. Hopefully we can join you in the "We killed Garrosh" camp soon