Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Dots did damage in Cata. Now they just proc shit for us.
    Tickles over time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Tickles over time.
    Shadow ToTs...sounds like a new gummy sweet and would possibly be more effective on mobs/bosses than DoTs as it annoy them by getting the sweets stuck between their teeth.

Deleted
    hmm, concerned, shadow priest is a dot class, so changing that fundamentally will cause issues of people who wanted a dot class, now not being one..

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    hmm, concerned, shadow priest is a dot class, so changing that fundamentally will cause issues of people who wanted a dot class, now not being one..
    There are no fundamental changes to the DoT rotation, at least not as far as we know yet. This is an alternate rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    Don't you think that it's a bit of a leap to say that one talent will cause shadow to no longer be a dot class? The old rotation will be there for fights where multi-dotting will be beneficial. If it works out well--a large assumption at this point--shadow won't have blah damage on fights where a single-target rotation would make more sense.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Don't you think that it's a bit of a leap to say that one talent will cause shadow to no longer be a dot class? The old rotation will be there for fights where multi-dotting will be beneficial. If it works out well--a large assumption at this point--shadow won't have blah damage on fights where a single-target rotation would make more sense.
    I said I was concerned, I did not imply the sky was falling in.....

I'll wait and see, but I do have concerns, whether they are warranted remains to be seen.

Hmm, i'll have to tell my friend about this. I hope it hold's true. I think he'll be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping they gut sw;i and dp's dmg and move it back to our dots.

I hate that that we burst so hard then just flatline to tank dps, I liked it better when we were no where to be seen on the meters at the start of a fight but creeped in over the course of it and with slow and steady dmg took a top 5 spot because we weren't bursting from cd to cd.

Once they fixed our mastery and adjusted mind sear in t11, shadow was in the best spot it have ever been in
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    This are very exciting news! I always loved the idea of having two dps rotations. I think it's fair since we're the only class with only one dps spec. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Harukaa View Post
    This are very exciting news! I always loved the idea of having two dps rotations. I think it's fair since we're the only class with only one dps spec. =)
    Along with retardins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Along with retardins.
    Monks only have one as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Monks only have one as well.
    We're the only class with 2 roles though
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    warrior warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    F and we'll most likely get a new mastery since multistrike is being added to the game as a normal stat. I'm interested in what they give us.
    Since they stated that class abilities will continue being snapshotable i sure hope we get the old cataclysm mastery back. That way our dot "rotation" and the dubious spam 2 buttons specc for the skill-impaired will profit from it. Just add Trinkets with mastery poccs and ta-da , nice sp feeling.

I didn't bother reading the whole thread so it might be somebody already said that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    warrior warrior
    I guess he was saying that the only class with 2 roles yet only 1 dps spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    This has gotten me excited enough to level a Priest who will end up going Shadow, but I'm sorta curious how Mastery will work in a DoTless Shadow spec? Hopefully it'd be reworked in 6.0
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Death Knights.
    Good point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    warrior warrior
    Warriors have 3 specs (shh, don't tell the warriors they only have 2 - they can't count to 3 so they'll just believe it if we tell them so!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I guess he was saying that the only class with 2 roles yet only 1 dps spec.
    At least this one is true!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Really hoping they gut sw;i and dp's dmg and move it back to our dots.

I hate that that we burst so hard then just flatline to tank dps, I liked it better when we were no where to be seen on the meters at the start of a fight but creeped in over the course of it and with slow and steady dmg took a top 5 spot because we weren't bursting from cd to cd.

Once they fixed our mastery and adjusted mind sear in t11, shadow was in the best spot it have ever been in
    Agreed I liked the end of Tier 11 quite a lot too, for example - expending Shadow Orbs to buff Mind Sear during important AoE phases - that felt really cool

The only real issue with Tier 11 I remember was mana problems, which hopefully would be resolved in the future! (Tier 12 fixed it via a set bonus, and by Tier 13 we had too much gear to worry about mana).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Not sure why people are crying. From the info given it seems in WoD you have a choice to either play Shadow as a DIrect damage spec, or continue as you always have(they are even giving shadow another DoT). Why isn't this good? Why is choice a bad thing? There's NOTHING to suggest DoTs are going to be taken away from spriests or be useless. Learn the situation before commenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Not sure why people are crying. From the info given it seems in WoD you have a choice to either play Shadow as a DIrect damage spec, or continue as you always have(they are even giving shadow another DoT). Why isn't this good? Why is choice a bad thing? There's NOTHING to suggest DoTs are going to be taken away from spriests or be useless. Learn the situation before commenting.
    The problem is that when talents are not equivalent it 'forces' you to take the optimal one. If the optimal one is a complete departure from everything Shadow has ever been since Vanilla then a problem would exist.

Look at this point we're doing nothing but blindly speculating. As a playerbase we have seen things balanced so that we had to do pretty un-fun things to perform our best. We're merely identifying this could easily turn into one of those situations and expressing our displeasure.

Learn what is being said before commenting :P
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2013-12-19 at 01:29 PM.