Deleted

Is this my Graphics card failing ?

Just got a new PC built for a friend, on start-up it was fine, installed windows 7, all AMD drivers etc all went fine.

But when I installed League of Legends & World of Warcraft and went he went to play after about 10 seconds in game, this happened

This doesnt go away until a PC restart is done

Any ideas what this could be ? Build info below.

BUILD INFO

If you have any old GPU lying around, try putting that into the new machine first to see if the issue truly is the GPU. If it is the GPU, send it back and you'll get a replacement for sure.

What PSU did you get? Do you have another GPU you could test with just to make sure it really is the GPU? If not, perhaps let him/her try yours?

I presume you've installed the latest GPU drivers also?

Deleted
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182066

My PSU

I dont have another GPU to test atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daant View Post
    I dont have another GPU to test atm.
    You say got this pc built for a friend... do you have pc of your own with a GPU? Why not borrow it for 5 mins to prove to yourself if it is the gfx card or not?

There may be a few causes, Bad overclock, Faulty drivers, sub par PSU and overheating.

The most likely cause is a bad overclock imo. A good way to test would be to use your NVIDIA/AMD driver to underclock the card.

Deleted
    I dont have the PC here atm just looking at potential fixes to write down for tommorrow.

It isnt overclocked, reinstalling an earlier driver will be my first test tomorrow, then another GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thought is faulty drivers.
    Doesn't it have integrated video?
    Also, 9C on CPU? Really? Do you use liquid nitrogen or something Oo
    And that RAM speed, 1606, faulty report?

Also the internet lists 7700 for around 220W instantenous power consumption, and your PSU is only 450W. Cutting it close if not too close? I suggest you try with better PSU if you have.
    PM me weird stuff :3