Can't play WoW on AT&T U verse.

Howdy, was hoping someone could help me with this:

My area's AT&T made us automatically switch to U-Verse... but since then, I haven't been able to play WoW on it. When I try to log into WoW... I am able to get in, but my spellbooks, guild list, and etc are all blank. All NPCs and everyone around me is marked as "Unknown" and after about 30 seconds I get disconnected.

I have google'd this a bit, but I'm having some mental problems right now that is making it hard for me to understand what I should do to fix it.

Thoughts:
    I am on Silvermoon, which I believed is the Reckoning Battlegroup. I am in central california. I have launcehd the game both from the B-net client and from the WoW exe, both with and without Admin. I'm on a 2wire router.

I was thinking maybe port forwarding? I wouldn't know how to do that on my Windows 7 and wouldn't know what ports to forward...

Can anyone help me out? I'm stuck at home for a while (from the afformentioned issues) and really could use some WoW time.

Thanks!
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedran View Post
    I have google'd this a bit, but I'm having some mental problems right now that is making it hard for me to understand what I should do to fix it.
    so, you are having problems to understand what to do, but you ask people to tell you what to do?
    uh...

This is a list of the ports use by the various blizzard programs

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-configuration

it also includes a guide below the list detailing the steps for setting them up within windows. you'll probably need to do it for the router/modem or whatever it is you are using to connect to the internet with. For a 2wire router, this is supposed to be the address for getting to its settings

http://gateway.2wire.net

if this doesn't help, it could be anti-virus software. might also consider talking to a blizzard to AT&T tech.
    Last edited by Coil; 2013-12-13 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedran View Post
    ... U-Verse...
    You are lagging out, this is a problem with DSL. AT&T is the worst DSL in California, because the did not update the 1950's hardware prior to installing dedicated internet lines. For this reason, when connecting to a service like WOW which requires a good connection, you will lag out. My suggestion, switch to your local cable internet provider. ie COX/TW you will no longer have this issue, however you will pay about $100 a month for max connection speeds.

Here is an example of my current connection speed.

Granted I use Timewarner in West Los Angeles, but for $100 a month I'm getting the best service out side t1 in LA.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I know that AT&T bills U-Verse as being fiber optic. But the truth is it is Fiber optic to a hub, the hub connects to the old copper phone lines, the copper phone line goes to your block, where it switches to another set of copper phone lines, that go to you home. They try and place the hubs about 1-5 miles evenly spaced out. Only it isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You are lagging out, this is a problem with DSL. AT&T is the worst DSL in California, because the did not update the 1950's hardware prior to installing dedicated internet lines. For this reason, when connecting to a service like WOW which requires a good connection, you will lag out. My suggestion, switch to your local cable internet provider. ie COX/TW you will no longer have this issue, however you will pay about $100 a month for max connection speeds.

Here is an example of my current connection speed.

Granted I use Timewarner in West Los Angeles, but for $100 a month I'm getting the best service out side t1 in LA.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I know that AT&T bills U-Verse as being fiber optic. But the truth is it is Fiber optic to a hub, the hub connects to the old copper phone lines, the copper phone line goes to your block, where it switches to another set of copper phone lines, that go to you home. They try and place the hubs about 1-5 miles evenly spaced out. Only it isn't a guarantee.
    Which is the same way a cable coax system works, if you didn't know. Fiber to copper (headend fiber to hub, hub fiber to node, node coax to home). So, technically, they are not so different.

I live in NY and pay maybe $40 for Time Warner which is more than fast enough.