Taming rare pets in Northrend

Hi hunters

I'm levelling a beastmastery hunter and I've set my eyes on taming Arcturis. Now that zones are crossrealm I'd like to know how that has affected rare mob spawns. As I was flying on a flight path from Dalaran to the Alliance camp Arcturis was there while still on the flight path, but as soon as I landed I changed zone and Arcturis was gone and there were 3 other hunters waiting at his spawn. Is there anyway of forcing yourself into a different realm (preferably my own realm since it is pretty quiet) or am I doomed to always camp with +2 other hunters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your first mistake was taking the taxi! You should always be flying on your own mount when out farming for rares... you need to be able to land quick if they pop up near you.

You can have someone invite you so you can CRZ (on a dead realm preferably) and try to catch the rares that way. Also, 2+ other hunters isn't bad. Illidan is ridiculous for camping stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Istypops View Post
    Hi hunters

I'm levelling a beastmastery hunter and I've set my eyes on taming Arcturis. Now that zones are crossrealm I'd like to know how that has affected rare mob spawns. As I was flying on a flight path from Dalaran to the Alliance camp Arcturis was there while still on the flight path, but as soon as I landed I changed zone and Arcturis was gone and there were 3 other hunters waiting at his spawn. Is there anyway of forcing yourself into a different realm (preferably my own realm since it is pretty quiet) or am I doomed to always camp with +2 other hunters?
    I dont know how or why, but when you are using a flight path you will see things that arent normally there. Not sure if intended or not. Something to do with phasing.

Zoning into other realms could work but im not sure exactly how it works for the US servers. For example in the oceanic servers we have a few that are grouped together. Frostmourne is crossed with gundrak and jubei thos. So if you go into crz areas you will normally only see people from those servers. Other oceanics such as dath remar and nagrand are grouped into different crz. You can still see these people but only if they are in a group with a person in your server crz thingy.

Expect it to be hard. I was lucky when i got mine. You will hear people saying oh yeah its easy even with crz went there and it was just standing there. Its merely coincidence that there wasn't another person there at that time. So you can zone to other peoples servers but i doubt it would help much.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I dont know how or why, but when you are using a flight path you will see things that arent normally there. Not sure if intended or not. Something to do with phasing.
    CRZ is disabled while on a flight path if I recall. People were sometimes using this to capture rare mini pets at one point since you could enable a battle from a flight path.

GL with the hunt - northrend rare beasts are tough nowadays due to their long respawn timer and CRZ. There are ways to game the CRZ stuff - don't think its against the ToS:

- Go to the arcturis spawn point, see if he's there
    - Have some friends on real ID on a different realm invite you to a group, you should swap realms. If there no arcturis do it with another friend on a different server, repeat.
    - You might check out openraid.org there are sometimes people doing just this for things like the Zandalari Warbringer.

If you're alliance, I'm on a low pop PvE (IE, still unconnected) realm. Most of those beasts are up, except maybe Loque, who is still widely sought after. Just PM me with your battletag. I got Arcturis the first time I flew over Grizzly Hills on a whim, about half a year ago.

Just find out which realms arent directly linked through your crz's and then join random OQ groups just leave if its not the server you want

are you using a Tracker?

Deleted
    Anyone that could help a fellow alliance hunter out?

I'm playing on EU. PM for battletag. I'm interested in taming most spirit beasts.

Ive seen things were that when your not on your own mount tha you see things that arnt there even without crossrealms being a thing and now I blame most of my stuff on crossrealm

10+ Year Old Account
    Blazewing is always on the flight from Moonglade to Hyjal when you start the trip to Hyjal at 80. ALWAYS. But never there once you get done with that bit and fly back to where you thought you saw him. It is a phasing issue with CRZ and flight paths. Somehow, CRZ is a different and unique 'zone' to the one from the flight path, and flight paths will always have rare spawns show up in them, including the minfernal pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick a pet and camp - they will eventually spawn. If you have more money than time - transfer to a non crz server (Ravenholdt or Venture Co.) I got all my rare mounts (TLPD, Aeonaxx, and Posideus x2) AND was able to get that Northern Exposure achieve as well. Yes, I checked in general chat if any other hunters were in want of the pets before I killed them

Both above mentioned servers are RPPVP - but really really low pops.

Personally, I camped all my spirit pets. They just take time and lots and lots of patience (and wine for me) if you do not want to pay to transfer and then transfer back.