Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Are you intolerant towards US citizen's? Or is it how country is run and NOT people?

I hear a lot of people nation bashing on these boards from time to time. I understand not liking a countries status or something, but do any of you have an intolerance towards the average American citizen? Do you think of us as corporate scum? Awful people? Or is all this stuff going on just about you guys disagreeing with government practices? And some corporate stuff?

What have I ever done to you? I'm just some guy on the internet, I don't hate people just because they live somewhere else. I'm not offensive like that.

I am really interested in another countries views on citizens from US. Every time I hear about something, I am unsure what the poster is directing it towards? The citizen or the government?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this thread being a useful source of conversation. That said, the US is like any other country, some people are amazing, some people are idiots.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you judge everyone by the country they came from?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    No. I think that's awful. Pre-judging a person is my biggest pet peeve. However, media likes to try and sway peoples opinions. Like over here, they act like we should hate people from the middle east or feel bad for them. I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Seriously, enough with these exhausting threads about how countries feel toward one another. This forum has people who insist on regurgitating the same tired topics every few days and it's nauseating.
    Sometimes, I'll come here for some news posts. I'll see people bashing a nation, and it makes me feel bad about myself for being born here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Sometimes, I'll come here for some news posts. I'll see people bashing a nation, and it makes me feel bad about myself for being born here.
    Poor guy as a german I'am unfamilliar with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate. People have a hard time differentiating what the government does and what the people want or think. I don't care if people go "WELL UHH YOU VOTED THEM IN." There's this thing where we vote them because we think they're the better choice. If I could vote for a lot of the junk that gets legislated I'd be saying NO....a lot.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad celery is not a country. I can see my self hating it and all it's people... Such stringy pieces of shift...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you intolerant towards US citizen's?
    Oh god, they bother the hell out of me! But only 'cuz I live with the rest of 'em every day of my life.

Really now, I'm not sure how one can hate on the country that invented the chocolate chip cookie. I mean really.

15+ Year Old Account
    This South Park episode is very relevant.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

What I don't understand is why people feel the need for such fanatical nationalism. I'm no anarchist, but I'm also not blindly "MURICA" or...whatever other nickname other countries have for themselves. (GURT BURRTAN? FRUNZ?)
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Only the Welsh...
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Fellow US here, I despise most fellow citizens and the government for obvious reasons. That said, not everyone is a bad apple. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish in this thread though.
    Stay salty my friends.

I very much doubt any person would hate an individual just because he/she's living in a certain country unless racism is not in action.

My experience traveling and living elsewhere is that people would tell me, "Belfpala, you're awesome. I hate what your country does but you're awesome." (paraphrasing, and summarizing).

So I'll just go with my standard: I believe any two people from anywhere can agree on enough things to be friendly together, no matter how different their background.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most "nation bashing" towards the US on this forum centers around the United States using Nuclear weapons 70 years ago in a time of total war, cases of the pot calling the kettle black (spying, for instance,) decrying the US for intervening in X country and not intervening in Y country, or simply berating the US (for things like "propaganda") while ignoring bad things done by other countries. (Russia comes to mind.)

Though I don't recall personally if I've been accused of "watching too much American Idol" or "being complacent in the X Y of Z" in various parts throughout the globe, so... seems to be a broad, overall disdain, really.

Now, seeing as you're from the United States, and just as a note going forward, apostrophe "s" generally denotes a possessive... it should be quite evident to you that it's used improperly in the title of the thread.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-12-14 at 09:02 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a loaded question. Boooooooooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intolerant towards US citizen's....what? What do US citizens do that I'm supposed to be intolerant towards? Finish the sentence! And the second sentence doesn't make any damned sense ><

Grammar Nazi aside, I AM a US citizen, and I fucking hate us. Sure, just like any group of people, we have some good ones. But mostly, we're just bad. Most 'mericans are ignorant to the ways of the rest of the world, and seem to think we need to bring Democracy (our style, anyway) to these heathen countries. Many people, mostly Christians, seeing as they're the predominant religious group in this hell hole, are extremely intolerant to other religions; many people also get religions and cultures mixed up (not all Arabs are Muslim, and not all Muslims are Arab, for example). As a country, we are just so goddamned ignorant. I can't imagine how other countries view us, if people like me already think we're all just fucking red neck retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Why be such a bigot and hate on large masses of people who've most likely never even heard of you?

Judge PEOPLE on their merits, you can of course judge a nation for what it does; But it's people? What have they done to you, personally.

In all truth and honesty its just that from an outside point of view America comes across as half worldwide bully and half bumbling idiot. The complicated system of laws, freedoms, and rights you guys have as opposed to a lot of other places just means you have some strange political problems that are pressing and important to your populace but to most other nations citizens seem blatantly retarded. Sometimes many of us from other nations forget that this isn't so much a flaw in the American people as it is a problem with having a more complicated political situation than the rest of the world.

Take gun control for instance. No I'm not going to argue one way or the other on the point and neither should anyone else, but as someone from Canada where nearly no one owns a gun, or feels the need to own a gun in the first place I'm completely baffled by the NRA response to gun violence in America being that everyone will be safer if they're allowed to have a gun. It's not that my opinion is right, its just not an issue in the first place where I'm from, so if I were more ignorant I could easily mistake the debate over the issue for stupidity.

The other thing is that the rest of the world tends to take the most controversial side of an argument and assume the entire American populace is on that side of the argument. Not everyone in America thinks everyone should have a gun, but the stereotype is so well known that you'd be hard pressed to find someone from another Nation who thinks otherwise.

When you combine those misunderstandings with America's apparent wealth and military presence you get a bunch of people who are disgruntled and willing to lash out at America's people based on the completely idiotic idea that America's "Stupid" populace are ruling the world from behind their dunce caps. To be honest for a lot of people, myself included there just seems to be so much going on in the world that America is involved in that we're waiting for the other shoe to drop and everything to go to hell. But that doesn't mean it will happen and it doesn't mean it would be America's, or its peoples, fault if it DID happen.
    Last edited by Jaransan; 2013-12-14 at 09:30 AM.