Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "home of the liberty?"

The saying is "land of the free, home of the brave."

"everywhere?"

Gun legislation laws differ vastly between states. They aren't the same in California as they are in, say, Texas, which aren't the same as the ones in Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin... I could go on.
    Yeah im not to sure about the words there but Iam 100% sure that I have heard some Americans say that they got so much liberty and so on.

And yeah I do know that gunlaws in ex Texas differs a lot from the ones in Pennsylvania. But it dosent mean that they are that much better and from what it seems like do quite a lot of Americans think that the only way to prevent guns from being used is to get more guns to the people to protect themselves. Which is obviously not the way to go.

Its nothing that I can do about this. Its just something that I say that I dislike about America and it's proven that a lot of Americans have access to gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Parents make a lot of decisions for their children

One of the funniest things I think I see is that people think the United States have the exact same laws in every state. As I said, firearms laws differ significantly throughout the fifty states.
    Parents do make a lot of decisions for their children my parents did make decisions for me. But those decisions was not something that would leave a permanent mark on my body. I think those decisions should be made on your own.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people are just retarded sheep to me. Still a cog in a machine myself though.

Deleted
    You have Americans bashing people from other regions of the world, why are you suprised the same happens to Americans?
    The only reason I critisize the US so often is because the politics are so creepy conservative (just like a big portion of the population).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    you guys came up with the grand freaking idea of "Honey Boo Boo"... So I guess I dislike the most all the bullshit you promote trying to make money.
    Oh yeah, the absolute crap the US has on TV 80% of the time isn't helping me change my perspective on the American culture

15+ Year Old Account
    I am indifferent in a positive way. I know each country has its own problems and I've had the pleasure to work with US-Americans in the past and I grew up in a system where the US got a lot of flak propaganda-wise and for some people here it still stuck. Some US habits tick me off but like here it's region-dependant, but so do some habits of my own countrymen actually. Even moreso if I am honest. US American companies I've dealt with are more friendly when it comes to customer service that's for sure. On the foreign political side I don't expect things to change, US is going to stay US not turn into Switzerland, still it's where most of my criticism is aimed at. As a popular example: I don't agree with NSA global surveillance which for me looks like a Stasi general's wet dream.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    As long as you're good person you can be from mars for all i care.

Deleted
    I don't have anything against the average Joe from US. I dislike the corporate culture and sometimes what the US gov't does. Actually i would like to know someone from US just because we could discuss about stuff and have a laugh at it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    There is things that really bothers me with the American government aswell as there is things that bothers me with some American citizens.

One thing that bothers me with America overall is when you hear them say "America.. the land of the free and home of the liberty" Thats true to some in some ways for example it is very free when you can buy a gun everywhere and its liberty to be able to bring that gun with you more or less everywhere.

But on the other hand most American parents are the ones who decides if their newborn baby shall have their foreskin removed. Thats not very free nor liberty.
    I wish i was shocked that a conversation on the internet devolved into a debate about circumcision, but i'm not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Oh yeah, the absolute crap the US has on TV 80% of the time isn't helping me change my perspective on the American culture
    I like how people judge American culture by what's shown on their TV. Very well. Want to talk about famous Japanese culture? Watch their TV. Not 80%, but 99.9% there is total crap. Hell, watch any TV for that matter. All cultures suck, huh?

Deleted
    US hate is pretty much a reaction to european hate/russian hate from the US.

Funny how it's accepted in here to hate americans due to stereotypes, but if you hate black people due to stereotypes you'll be flogged.
    Friggin hypocrites all of you.

I only hate the Dutch. They are just too evil.

I don't care about what country people aside from points like languages they might understand and cultural things I'm interested in (basically everything which has to do with possible topics for conversation, nothing with the person themselfes).
    Now when people bring their country into the conversation to get admired for it or start to compare countries morally or politically I find it quite allright to point out where my opinion might differ or where I believe their impression to be biased.
    Also, don't forget that speaking the same (second) language does not make all speakers have the same social codes.

Deleted
    I have a problem with how the US is run, though I have to say some citizens really are kind of ... how can I say... they fit perfect with the stereotype of the USA culture, and you promote them, and that's the second part of the USA that I dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I only hate the Dutch. They are just too evil.
    Care to ellaborate?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I have a problem with how the US is run, though I have to say some citizens really are kind of ... how can I say... they fit perfect with the stereotype of the USA culture, and you promote them, and that's the second part of the USA that I dislike.
    IF you have a problem with the US government then you have a problem with US citizens. They're not saying anything or protesting about it so I guess they're okay with how the US is ran.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I like how people judge American culture by what's shown on their TV. Very well. Want to talk about famous Japanese culture? Watch their TV. Not 80%, but 99.9% there is total crap. Hell, watch any TV for that matter. All cultures suck, huh?
    I don't watch tv, the only time I see american tv is at the gym, on what are supposed to be discovery and learning channels, a program about lumbermen and gold miners (for x-amount of seasons).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Care to ellaborate?
    I tought the only people who disliked the Dutch where the Belgians

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Care to ellaborate?
    I think he's being facetious :P

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    IF you have a problem with the US government then you have a problem with US citizens. They're not saying anything or protesting about it so I guess they're okay with how the US is ran.
    Where did you come up with that conclusion, you speak as if the US is a hivemind. There have been countless protests over the last couple years. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not intolerant of ppl, but as much as i try to meet new ppl with an open mind i must admit that i am slightly prejudiced towards some nations such as the US, Israelis etc. Not all bad but you can't help but base new encounters by the old encounters you've had with ppl from the same country/area what have you.

Hope this made sense? Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post

I tought the only people who disliked the Dutch where the Belgians
    I thought it was mainly the other way round.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.