Thread: A bit of rage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was hit for a 120k on my mage in arena earlier

Well he was probably a lot more geared than you? The most I've ever got hit on my rogue is 120k obli crits without any defensives or feint on in arena and roughly around the same for my frost mage partner.

The reason Frost dk's are shit is because to do massive dmg you need all your trinkets+procs up and to have a killing machine (next fs or obli = crit) up and to rng a second one pretty soon (two massive obli crits in a row). They are also pretty much forced to sit in blood pres which means no free frost strikes which is a major downside for them. Also they have like no cc unless they talent asphyxiate and remorseless winter. Firstly not to sure if top dk's talent asphyxiate but that would be there only stun and it does replace strangulate. Secondly remorseless winter in arena is not very good especially in 3's when you're gunna get cc'd like crazy most would by default get desecrated ground.

The only place frost dk's are decent would be 2's with a partner like a war who can make up for the lacking of cc's and there may not always be a healer so them massive crits are even more painful but surely not over 120k. In 3's where most of the pvp balance is done frost are pretty useless as they are really fragile, don't have the sustained conversion due to less rp generation than uh and most use deathpact which in a drawn out battle is not as good imo. Their dots do less than uh and lack a useful pet other than for deathpact.

Source: Frost DK during Cata and currently UH DK who plays arena in 2's & occasionally 3's

I've been playing with a frost dk off and on in 3s at 2k-2.1k as enh/frostdk/disc. He gets like 130k obliterate crits. We can 100-0 a healer in an asphyxiate without cds if we get some crits, and half an asphyx if I pop asc and we get some obliterate/stormblast/ele blast crits. The damage is ridiculous. Frost dks though are squishy and have terrible mobility so they're rather weak outside of the damage. Enh offheals and windwalk and cc outs for our healer kind of offset that, but it's still an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Incinerates hit for around 25-30k
    Hehehehehe ye ))))) I won't tell no-one

Frost only has silly burst damage though, pop all cds and drop him in a fear when AMS is on CD.

Done arena as every caster now, and Frost DK is probably the only melee I don't mind facing.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2013-12-16 at 09:04 AM.

'Frost only has silly burst damage though, pop all cds and drop him in a fear when AMS is on CD.'

Well dk's do have lichborne, trinket, desecrated ground and either wotf, human trinket while also having popped ams already so all that do would be to slow them down :/ I think they would just pop all their cooldowns and maybe ams if you're vsing a caster comp so it'll be extremely hard to stop.

(Don't know how to quote here lol)
    Last edited by meatfresh; 2013-12-16 at 01:19 PM.

It's kind of redundant to say he may have WoTF or the human racial since this is true for everyone.

& in regards to the other CC breakers, agreeable, but it doesn't change the fact frost DK's are really easy to drop the second AMS wears off as a caster.

Click 'Reply With Quote' under my post to quote me ^^

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    Most useful and relevant info of the day.

Infracted
    Most useful post of the day to contribute to this thread!

This has gotta be a troll thread right? This is a Lock complaining afterall.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    This has gotta be a troll thread right? This is a Lock complaining afterall.
    Yep. One cannot simply resist the urge of not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    It's kind of redundant to say he may have WoTF or the human racial since this is true for everyone.

& in regards to the other CC breakers, agreeable, but it doesn't change the fact frost DK's are really easy to drop the second AMS wears off as a caster.

The thing you said is just as redundant in that case becuase we all know that too. Don't be pretentious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Most useful post of the day to contribute to this thread!
    You're no better than him either.

This DK may of had every buff in the game from being in a BG. Could of been human with double trinkets poped and tons of other things. I don't see how a random 180k is a big deal, the dude prob had str-pvp power stacked and you could of killed him pretty easy. The highest I have hit, was on a mage for 155k got a 100k frost strike crit once.

I would like to thank those who responded in earnest, or with the intent to be productive, unlike some people...

Obliterate
    250% Weapon Damage
    +12.5%/Disease

180,000 damage
    1.3 Might of the Frozen Wastes1
    1.26 Mastery
    1.46 PvP Power
    1.4 Might of the Frozen Wastes2
    2.75 Obliterate
    2 Critical
    0.25% Damage

Damage = Resil(Crit*PvP(Mastery*Might2(Obliterate(Might*x)))))
    180,000 = 0.25(2*1.46(1.26*1.4(2.75(1.3*WD))))
    720,000 = 2*1.46(1.26*1.4(2.75(1.3*WD)))
    360,000 = 1.46(1.26*1.4(2.75(1.3*WD)))
    40,775 = x

As long as the DK has the capacity to hit for around 41k weapon damage, they can hit for 180k. Keep in mind that the 41k is ignoring PvP Resilience as it wont double-dip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    my full geared dk hits with oblits for barely 100k...if at all.

I demand pics or it never happened.

besides wayne bgs. reproduce this in an arena environment, bgs don't count a bit with all their buffs and dmg enhancing effects.

I always tell people a friendly warlock in full hc gear in every slot crits for 600k chaosbolts and has over a million hp.

Its silly fun too. If you rage bout that shit, you can't be helped. ;>

how about sub rogues then the locks best friend? ever got ambushed by one in hc gear on the pvp isle? or warriors in arena?
    1) You probably aren't "fully geared," then.
    2) I would have uploaded pics, I think I took a screen-shot of the damage, but I don't feel like doing a censor on the pic to block character names and then create an account on another website just to upload it.
    3) HC gear doesn't mean anything but in World PvP, which I stated it wasn't.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I would like to thank those who responded in earnest, or with the intent to be productive, unlike some people...

Obliterate
    250% Weapon Damage
    +12.5%/Disease

180,000 damage
    1.3 Might of the Frozen Wastes1
    1.26 Mastery
    1.46 PvP Power
    1.4 Might of the Frozen Wastes2
    2.75 Obliterate
    2 Critical
    0.25% Damage

Damage = Resil(Crit*PvP(Mastery*Might2(Obliterate(Might*x)))))
    180,000 = 0.25(2*1.46(1.26*1.4(2.75(1.3*WD))))
    720,000 = 2*1.46(1.26*1.4(2.75(1.3*WD)))
    360,000 = 1.46(1.26*1.4(2.75(1.3*WD)))
    40,775 = x

As long as the DK has the capacity to hit for around 41k weapon damage, they can hit for 180k. Keep in mind that the 41k is ignoring PvP Resilience as it wont double-dip.

- - - Updated - - -

1) You probably aren't "fully geared," then.
    2) I would have uploaded pics, I think I took a screen-shot of the damage, but I don't feel like doing a censor on the pic to block character names and then create an account on another website just to upload it.
    3) HC gear doesn't mean anything but in World PvP, which I stated it wasn't.
    my dk is full 522 geared, don't worry and i cannot hit people from full health like that, i would love to do this in arenas. I care less for bgs, all kinds of buffs could be used, even flasks and power ups that grant 30% more dmg, not to mention the buffood and buffs of a raid size.

Then it would be useful to know which buffs the fdk got and which debuffs u got.

If you were low on hp it might be possible merciless combat is still inbuild in the frost spec.

It makes obliterate hit stronger if you are below 35% hp.

http://www.gamestool.net/tc/wow335/deathknightt.php

But you can't hit people like that with full hp in arenas on avg. In bgs a lot of stuff can happen, i bet you didn't miss all the chaos bolt threads? Thats really hitting for high, even in arenas, some setups have enough cc to get this off multiple times.

And its easy to shut down a frost dk for good, who never does that kind of damge in true pvp environments, cause if this would happen to everyone we would at least see some frost dks over 2k playing in 3s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

kinda amusing ams was mentioned that often as his only former powerful def cds. Probably most people don't even know that dk's ams was nerfhammered to the ground. Read the tooltip, its possible to burst through it.

Deleted
    1. strength potion
    2. full buffs
    3. food buff
    4. strength flask
    5. cooldowns
    6. hit high

Mystery solved!