Deleted

Spam while browsing mmo-champion

Since about a month or so I get a lot of spam while browsing MMO-Champion.
    I'm just reading, don't click on anything, and suddenly I got a pop-up and the page load a new site. I got messages like "your battery is overheating" (on my phone), or "you need to update java" (leading to a unofficial site of course), etc.
    Sometimes I even get a warning from my browser "Are you sure you want to download [insert file name]? It may damage your device", showing the site attempted to download something (again I didn't click on anything).

I'm using Chrome on both my phone and my computer, and both versions are up to date.

Deleted
    So to clarify this is on what platforms? android and windows?

For a PC I would suggest running

spybot search and destroy
    malware bytes

Check you add-remove programs and uninstall anything you do not like the look of. browser bars etc. They install as part of other legit progra not opt-out.

And to help prevent this in the future use firefox with no-script addon. There is also no-scrip addon for Chrome. Be carful what you click on.

For my android phone i use Firefox and I beleive no-script is available for that also.
    Last edited by mmoca82c8168af; 2013-12-14 at 01:46 PM.

I had that as well for a while on my ipad.

Deleted
    I've had this for a long while on my iPhone, never on my iPad though. It never appears on the frontpage, but often while browing the forum threads - suddenly, the App Store just opens on specific Apps - sometimes I just about get back onto MMOC again and up it pops again. I've simply stopped using MMOC from my iPhone, it's just too damn annoying.

Deleted
    I've never had this, not on my phone (galaxy s4) using chrome nor on my laptop using chrome. I do run adblock, do you, OP?

Deleted
    Id install Firefox and Adblock Plus.

I lost interest in Chrome when they blocked Adblock from their plugin store. Not going to use that garbage if it wants to force me through their BS ads.

Deleted
    I also get this spam all the time when browsing on iPhone 4S Running iOS 7. ONLY ever MMO Champion

Running Adblock on PCs and they have no issues.

Deleted
    I've had this happen when visiting the site on my android phone, which is why I now only use my PC for browsing mmo-champion.

I also get this on my PC and even warnings of malicious software. It only happens when on MMO Champ. Wowhead has a different problem, if you have it open in the background while playing WoW it gets you out of the game when some adds change...and always at the worst possible moment!

Moved to the Suggestions and Feedback forum.

Deleted
    I have this problem on my phone and my PC, only on MMO champion, and it happens very regularly.
    With other websites I have the occasional pop up, but it never load a new page or download something unless I click on something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please report any bad ads to this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orting-bad-ads