Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Interstellar (2014)

TEASER

TRAILER

TRAILER #2

"A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage."

Release Date: November 7, 2014 (2D theaters and IMAX)
    Studio: Paramount Pictures (United States), Warner Bros. Pictures (other territories)
    Director: Christopher Nolan
    Screenwriter: Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan
    Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck, Wes Bentley, Bill Irwin, Mackenzie Foy, Topher Grace, David Gyasi
    Genre: Sci-Fi

Judging from what we know so far, seeing the cast and the teaser, this movie will be (inter)stellar. Discuss!
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-08-04 at 08:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dig the teaser, one of the few people left in the world to truly make a teaser trailer actually tease, now lets hope the future full trailers don't show the whole movie. Also probably buying the soundtrack. Hope there's less horns and drums like Hanz did for Man of Steel, Dark Knight and Inception and more like, well, a soothing soundtrack like what's in the trailer. This could be his best soundtrack, considering he's denying other projects to keep focus on this one.

Also that last part in the trailer could be kind of depressing. he goes through the wormhole, 75% of the movie happens, he comes back to his "home" and see that it is no longer his, too much time has passed and everyone he's ever known or loved is dead. I could see Nolan doing something like that, it's a very little, but important thing that people who do this time travel/ space thing barely touch upon.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2013-12-14 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now we can only speculate (unless we read the script and get spoiled, it is circulating around the web), but yeah the plot will probably revolve around trying to find catharsis in an alien/unfamiliar world. The plot summary gives a lot of leeway in any case. But I think it is pretty obvious that it will hit the nail on the head regarding the space exploration developments of the last decade, which are practically almost non-existent due to NASA's budget cuts. So much theorycrafting that can go into this movie, we really need more info!

The first 90 seconds we hear off the soundtrack, oh boy!
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-12-14 at 11:43 PM.

Went to see The Hobbit last night and knew from reading that Interstellar's first trailer would be up with it and I was like, "Ok cool, been looking forward to see what Nolan's got up his sleeve." So the trailers run by and the last trailer I see "Syncopy" pop up and I'm like "Oh shit here it is". Gets over and I kid you not I just said aloud to my buddy "I waited 3 months after hearing about this trailer premiere for this?!"

Was kinda annoyed at the time but in hindsight it does make a good teaser, if it left me pissed not knowing exactly what was going to be the premise it was damn well done. Here's hoping McConaughey pulls out one of his rare "good" performances, forgive my skepticism but the guy's done mostly romantic movies the last few years and most of his dramas have been hit or miss.

Just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is becoming exceptional lately, watch Mud for example. I don't honestly think we have to fear about the lead performance, or any of the cast for that matter.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Saved loads of movie material and perhaps some money with those historical scenes.
    Would you prefer it to be of the trailers nowadays, where they spoil so much and show events from the 3rd act? There should really be more teasing trailers, 'sort of' like what Hitchcock did with his films, or trailers that have a few scenes that tease the premise of the plot to entice you.

And on the subject of Mcconaughey, he has been doing better films these past few years. As Mark Kermode said recently, [Mark] would be more surprised now if he saw a bad film where Matthew would throw in a bad performance.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Farscape anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is one of the greatest teasers I've ever seen.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great teaser. Now to suffer thru the year of waiting...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Farscape anyone?
    Only the wormhole mentioning.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

More sci-fi is always good.

They got me at Nolan.

"Starring: Matthew McConaughey".

No, thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the trailer that is attached to Godzilla, and coming out this Friday at 9 in the morning is quite possibly the most well crafted trailer I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. First time I saw it, I don't remember blinking. At the end they do show some space footage and, well, it's a masterpiece of trailers, truly delivers things I've never seen before in the last minute.(wormholes ) Not Hans Zimmer's score though. Soundtrack is from V for Vendetta. But it fits, so perfectly. Was just bumping this so we don't have more threads about it. Be prepared gents, 2 more days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Well, the trailer that is attached to Godzilla, and coming out this Friday at 9 in the morning is quite possibly the most well crafted trailer I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. First time I saw it, I don't remember blinking. At the end they do show some space footage and, well, it's a masterpiece of trailers, truly delivers things I've never seen before in the last minute.(wormholes ) Not Hans Zimmer's score though. Soundtrack is from V for Vendetta. But it fits, so perfectly. Was just bumping this so we don't have more threads about it. Be prepared gents, 2 more days.
    You saw it !! lol i cant wait until tmrw - it is kinda silly, but i know the movie will contain some really fcked up visuals with rippled/warped spacetime and alien environments. How much do you actual see in the trailer? (just put it in spoiler ).

I really hope it's attached to Godzilla in Denmark. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero- View Post
    "Starring: Matthew McConaughey".

No, thank you.
    I think you mean, Starring: Matthew McConaughey.

Fuck yes!
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think you mean, Starring: Matthew McConaughey.

Fuck yes!
    I think he meant that before the True Detective/Mud/Dallas Buyer's Club McConaugheyist era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    But it doesnt tell you anything about what the movie is about if its the same one I saw before Spiderman 2. Just shows random news clips of the space program from the 60s. The whole point of a trailer is to give you a preview of a movie and its plot. There werent even any shots of the movie in the trailer unless its a historical documentary, and why have a trailer for a movie that is more than a year away from release?

cant wait for the full trailer, Nolan is just insanely good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I really hope it's attached to Godzilla in Denmark. I'd be disappointed otherwise.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But it doesnt tell you anything about what the movie is about if its the same one I saw before Spiderman 2. Just shows random news clips of the space program from the 60s. The whole point of a trailer is to give you a preview of a movie and its plot. There werent even any shots of the movie in the trailer unless its a historical documentary, and why have a trailer for a movie that is more than a year away from release?
    The first "trailer" was a so called teaser trailer (the one linked up top ) - and yea it is kinda silly that they release them 1 year in advance. But Nolan has alot of fans and his uncommisioned works are usually something out of the ordinary. (Inception, The Prestige, Memento)
    The second trailer which should premiere tomorrow will hopefully contain more real footage.