Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In science a theory is a fact.
    Rather a pursue of a fact. Making everything in our power/abilities/capability to denounce the theory.

Great movie, and I can bet it works more for them with children.
    Last edited by mmoc310ed5291d; 2015-04-15 at 02:10 AM.

Deleted
    A mix I made when I saw the trailer for the first time.

Just saw this movie. I know late to the game. It was alright. I won't say it was awe inspiring and amazing but it was good and would give my thumbs up.

One of the things I thought of after watching the movie was that the wormhole was not meant to find other habital worlds. I actually think it was meant to go to the blackhole. Blackhole was the key to leading people off the earth since they needed it for critical information related to gravitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Just saw this movie. I know late to the game. It was alright. I won't say it was awe inspiring and amazing but it was good and would give my thumbs up.

One of the things I thought of after watching the movie was that the wormhole was not meant to find other habital worlds. I actually think it was meant to go to the blackhole. Blackhole was the key to leading people off the earth since they needed it for critical information related to gravitation.
    The whole thing was meant to happen, humans from the future helped the right people get to the right place for their own history to happen. It's a Deus Ex Machina provided by the story itself. While it's not as clever as others say, I think the movie made some fairly complex concepts very easy to understand, the usual movie-goer isn't used to convoluted time-travelling stories.

The love speech was terrible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The whole thing was meant to happen, humans from the future helped the right people get to the right place for their own history to happen. It's a Deus Ex Machina provided by the story itself. While it's not as clever as others say, I think the movie made some fairly complex concepts very easy to understand, the usual movie-goer isn't used to convoluted time-travelling stories.

The love speech was terrible, though.
    I am not disputing that. It is a Deus Ex Machina but what I was thinking was that the purpose of the wormhole was not to go to another world as was the characters in the movie believed. I believe the purpose of the wormhole was actually to go into the blackhole.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I am not disputing that. It is a Deus Ex Machina but what I was thinking was that the purpose of the wormhole was not to go to another world as was the characters in the movie believed. I believe the purpose of the wormhole was actually to go into the blackhole.
    And I'm saying every single decision and move was part of the plan, from exploring the worlds around the black hole to falling into it. Everything was the purpose, including everything that happens after the movie.

To be honest, if I were the main character of that story I wouldn't believe in free will after this. Future humans control our destiny!