Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had trouble sleeping, since I was a baby. I just can't seem to get to sleep. When I do manage to fall asleep, it's the most wonderful thing in the world, and I will sleep like a log for a good 10 hours. But for most of my life I've spent many hours just laying in bed, staring up into the roof, and being completely unable to fall asleep. It sucks. Especially when you manage to fall asleep one hour before the alarm goes off and it's time to go to school.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    I love sleep. I've always hated to go to bed, though... but then again - hated to get up~ Given the opportunity, I can sleep for maaaany hours. over 12! Either way, loving it, just hate initiating it. When I'm in bed, I tend to go "Ahhh, life's good."
    I know this feeling. I go through periods where I don't sleep much at all and times when I sleep as much as I can, depends on my school schedule and what not. I also do the same thing with eating strangely enough but I digress.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I might need like 10 hours but no I don't really enjoy it. But it's good in a way because it passes the time. If I had some shit going on then probably not becuase I'd like to do stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I despise it, I view it as a curse. If there was some medicine discovered that 100% simulates sleep (not just caffeine) I would never sleep again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off-topic: I gotta stay up the whole day today. Any tips on achieving that without energy drinks? :P

As of late I do not enjoy sleeping a lot because I remember my nightmares quite a bit.. and they always deal with natural disasters, like last night for me was watching a meteor falling out of the sky... I can't stand it, because it's like my only fear >_> makes me not want to sleep so I actually sleep less than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    Slightly off-topic: I gotta stay up the whole day today. Any tips on achieving that without energy drinks? :P
    Showers..take a shower every 3 hours if you can, at least dunk your head in water. Might help

I loooove sleep. But I hate going to bed and falling asleep. I usually need at least 8 hours just to not be cranky, and 10+ makes me particularly giddy. ^_^

For me, sleep is like escaping pain. I have to do it, but I rather just be awake 24/7. Or at least disconnect from the world in that way whenever I feel like it, maybe once a week. I usually sleep less than 6 hours, doesn't matter if it's weekend or weekday. In fact, I have to get up in 4,5 hours now. Good night!
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-n-Ike234 View Post
    Showers..take a shower every 3 hours if you can, at least dunk your head in water. Might help
    Ty.. I have black-as-midnight coffee but I'm trying not to drink it because it's all i have right now and it's nasty by itself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    Ty.. I have black-as-midnight coffee but I'm trying not to drink it because it's all i have right now and it's nasty by itself lol
    Eh I'm not a big coffee fan myself xD Honestly I think drinking anything for *energy* is just a waste of money and it's bad for you, but then again, anything is bad for you haha. Is there a specific reason you have to stay awake? Such as a doctor told you to/you have business stuff to tend to/college assignments to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and it blows my mind that anyone can enjoy not doing anything. I only do it for biological purposes, and then I only go about 4 hours a day.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loooooove sleep!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I always said sleeping can be very entertaining. If you catch a dream it's like catching a movie!! With that being said, I have always been the person who needs 8+ hours of sleep a night and I'm 30 so it's not just a growing teenage phase. At one point I was getting 14 hours a day. I will say while I love my sleep, I'm really tired of needing SO many hours to feel functioning. If I could go 4 hours and feel great, I'd be so happy but that's just not in the genes. I am having the issue of insomnia at night anymore. I have been sleeping from 6am to noon everyday. I lay in bed wide awake from 1am til 6 most nights. Even if I get up early and stay awake all day and don't sleep late, I STILL can't sleep at night.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it if I can go straight to sleep. Generally I spend some time trying to get to sleep which annoys me. I can't shut my mind off. Which is why it's now 2.40 AM and why I'm here on MMO-Champion instead of sleeping.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could go without sleep, I would. I hate it, so much time wasted....I don't mind wasting time, but I want it to be on my terms! I don't want to be forced into it by scumbag biology >_<
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    If I could go without sleep, I would. I hate it, so much time wasted....I don't mind wasting time, but I want it to be on my terms! I don't want to be forced into it by scumbag biology >_<
    Sooo much this. If i could go days without sleep and not feel like crap I would. I hate wasting time sleeping when I could be doing things like fishing, hunting, or even playing games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might sound somewhat depressing, but I like sleep. When I'm asleep, I don't have to worry about a thing, expect for what happens in my dreams, which can be really weird. I have insomnia and loud surroundings when I'm back at college, so often don't get more than 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

It's a love/hate thing. I love sleeping, I despise sleeping too long, and that's sadly something I often do, not by my own volition. I can sleep like a rock through anything, or wake up 2-3 times during sleep and it'll be equally shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually get home at about 4.30 ~ 5.30pm - have some food, chat to the girlfriend, then go upstairs, sleep from 7pm to 11pm and then am awake. It's the only schedule that seems to work for me - it's why I started doing YouTube videos. With lack of sleep, however, your short term memory goes - this is something I had a major problem with when I was only sleeping an hour or two a day. If necessary, I have a nap for an hour between noon and 1pm.

To answer the question: When I do have a good sleep and wake refreshed, that's amazing, but I dread going to sleep - I don't have nightmares or anything, I just don't like being out of control, not being able to hear what's going on in the house - yeah, ok - I've (and friends and family have) experienced more than my fair share of violence and "incidents" in South Africa, so I guess it's paranoia on a subconscious level.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-12-16 at 03:33 AM.

Yes. I have a toddler. Sleep is a precious gift.