Deleted

Looking for some tips for ele(primary)/resto in CMs.

Hey so I got my fourth character to level 90 some week and a half ago and it's time to do 9/9 on this character aswell. I'm looking for some general tips, or instancespecific tips primary for ele, but some tips for resto would be good aswell.

Current setup:

Talents: Stone Bulwark Totem, Earthgrab Totem, Totem Projection, Echo of the Elements, Ancestral Guidance and finally Elemental Blast.

Glyphs: Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, Spiritwalker's Grace.

Im looking for advice like, for example, last night whilst doing MSP gold I noticed that I didn't really have time to use Elemental Blast on that big ass pull at the start. Changed it out for PE and it worked much better on that big pull.

I really like PE for CMs. Fire elemental is a huge DPS boost for particularly dangerous trash packs or bosses that you want to push quickly. Earth Elemental is a pretty legit tank cooldown once your tank learns to let Rocky get aggro on stuff during big trash pulls. He will buy your tank 5-10 secs of breathing room if the tank's close to dieing, which can be huge.

Personally, I prefer Glyph of Capacitor Totem (the stun from Capac is a huge defensive CD for big trash packs and the glyph makes it easier to use). If you're good at managing the 5 sec capacitor timer by default, you may not need it.

I would sometimes use Call of the Elements instead of Totemic Projection in order to get multiple Capacitors down back to back (for example, on the first big pull in MSP). It requires you to run through melee though.

Ancestral Guidance + chain lightning cleave is probably the best part of ele for CMs. You get a huge healing CD on a very short 2 min timer. Use it aggressively and your healer will love you.

The knockdown from EQ can sometimes be useful on very big trash packs if your tank is really struggling.

My biggest advice, find heroic gear with multiple sockets. Due to scaling etc. the best way to get a MASSIVE bonus from gear is to forget about your gear bonus' and just stack gems.

E.G. if you can get an old weapon from heroic msv/hof/toes/tot etc. Stack gems in everything like a madman. I still have my ra-den chest/belt etc. use those for CMs.

Heroic items always have higher base stats even when pushed back to heroic scen level. Just stack anything with "heroic" and lots of gem slots.

Your glyphs sound perfect, that's what I use too. I use UF over EB however - find myself moving a hell of a lot for CMs.

Only advice I would give is use PE over EB, I also don't really like Stone Bulwark put that is sort of a preference thing..

Spam CL and Totemic project Magma/Cap totem into mobs and you will be 9/9 in no time. Ele is probably the best CM Dps.

I've done 9 toons worth of gold challenge modes, and can say, without a doubt, Elemental shamen are some of the most impressive group members you can have. Ancestral Guidance + now being able to use Healing Tide Totem gives you two very strong ways to help out your healer, especially in large group pulls. I liked glyph of capacitor totem + totemic projection. It's nice to be able to get multiple stuns off, but it goes on DR after the first anyways, and without projection you actually need to be in melee range to drop them (which can be incredibly dangerous depending on what pulls you're doing).

Good luck !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinksey View Post
    I really like PE for CMs. Fire elemental is a huge DPS boost for particularly dangerous trash packs or bosses that you want to push quickly. Earth Elemental is a pretty legit tank cooldown once your tank learns to let Rocky get aggro on stuff during big trash pulls. He will buy your tank 5-10 secs of breathing room if the tank's close to dieing, which can be huge.

Personally, I prefer Glyph of Capacitor Totem (the stun from Capac is a huge defensive CD for big trash packs and the glyph makes it easier to use). If you're good at managing the 5 sec capacitor timer by default, you may not need it.

I would sometimes use Call of the Elements instead of Totemic Projection in order to get multiple Capacitors down back to back (for example, on the first big pull in MSP). It requires you to run through melee though.

Ancestral Guidance + chain lightning cleave is probably the best part of ele for CMs. You get a huge healing CD on a very short 2 min timer. Use it aggressively and your healer will love you.

The knockdown from EQ can sometimes be useful on very big trash packs if your tank is really struggling.

I would recommend getting Quicktalents the addon and USing PE when you can then switching to EB if a boss is coming up that your elemental will be on cooldown for

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight