Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

NY Police harass man in driveway for washing his car

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a82_1...nts=1#comments

Owning a automatic weapon, no problem.

Washing your car in your own driveway, illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post

Outside of those circumstances, I think you mean "Owning a semi-automatic weapon", you need to remember, 1 squeeze = 1 bullet. Nothing more than a revolver.

OT: Either way, shitty neighborhood if there's an ordinance saying you can't wash your vehicle. Can't really fault the cops for enforcing the law though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Massive amounts of unbridled, unjustified cop hate incoming.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The sad part is that it's true. This is TOTALLY different than people filming cops trying to get them on camera doing illegal detains. The cop did nothing wrong. He didn't magically make something up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Yes cops are saints i can't understand the hatred towards them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Oh my god, one policeman does something stupid? They must all be absolutely awful people.

Yeah errr... do one.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The report was stupid, and the fact that the Officer enforced it is stupid as well.

It just shows what happens when you got an overly inflated Police Force with little to do then to pester people going about their business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post

Who told you that it was legal to own an automatic weapon in New York? In fact, just a week or so ago a new ordinance was passed in NYC in which the police literally went door-to-door confiscating rifles and ammunition magazines that didn't comply with new laws.

Also this business of getting into trouble for washing your car is pretty much in line with the recent trends of that city towards bigger, more progressive government. Stop and frisk, soda bans, gun confiscation, etc...the people are getting what they vote for.

Judging by the way the cops are approaching the situation and how many times he says Eric Geer or w/e owns the car in CT... Oh and the wrong plates on a different vehicle. Theres something here we arent being told. Im going out on a limb to say these two guys are either up to no good of some sort, or are fishing for harassment from the cops to begin with. The guy filming does say small things that seem to provoke the cop and annoy him, with good reason. End of the day, the cop doesnt want to be there, its stupid crap and hes trying to tell them to stop doing dumb shit so he can stop going baby sit them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Oh my god, one policeman does something stupid? They must all be absolutely awful people.

Yeah errr... do one.
    Generally I would agree, but lately the NYPD have become veritable storm troopers. They're almost turning into how the LAPD was in the 80's and early 90's, which is sad because in the past I would have rated the NYPD among the better police in the country.

Deleted
    The guy even looked like an idiot.

Can't stand people like those recording the video. Stirring up trouble with the officer for the sake of stirring up trouble.

I would of taken that officers name, badge, and told him to get off my property. His little piece of paper said "PUBLIC" property, not residential, where it is private. People need to start rising up to this crap. The whole NY and large sodas thing made me laugh my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Can't stand people like those recording the video. Stirring up trouble with the officer for the sake of stirring up trouble.
    I'm normally in agreement, but they're not stirring up trouble at all. They're washing their car on private land, they're not breaking any law, and the Office trying to warn them is being a right jerk.

Normally, I'm on the side of; "Just nod, say yes, complain later", but in this case I'd side with the guy behind the Camera. That also, they didn't start washing the car the moment he walked away, so what was he doing to stir trouble?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post

Yeah errr... do one.
    I absolutely agree one hundred percent with you.
    Actually i think this is the first police arbitrariness ever recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I would of taken that officers name, badge, and told him to get off my property
    An most likely you would have been brutally beaten or tazed and then having MerinPallies step up and defend the cop who was just doing his job.
    We already mentioned it, cops are saints, their weapons are alive beings randomly shooting without being instructed to and all ciitizens are criminals until proven otherwise.

Respect their authoritah.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2013-12-16 at 02:10 PM.

This the part where you shit on your neighbor's doorstep

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    The usual rabble is "OMG GIVE A GUY A GUN AND A BADGE AND IT GOES TO HIS HEAD. ALL COPS ARE CORRUPT MURDERERS!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Love it

"I'm not making shit up, I didn't drive here just to break your balls"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Judging by the cops demeanor, he didn't really seem to want to be there. But when your boss tells you to do something you do it *shrug*. Seems more of an issue with the local laws than the cop tbh.

So now responding to a call constitutes harassment? Give me a break.