Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At max level 110% I feel Blizzard could have done better with giving new spells to Brewmasters earlier on but thats just my opinion seems odd to wait until 70 to get PB which is a core spell as a Brewmaster. I can say for one who plays a Brewmaster they are a ton of fun and possibly the best tanks atm for Heroic progression. As for MW I can pretty much say the same except they arent the best healer but they can still put up very strong numbers. Cant say much WW as Ive never really played it in a raiding setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    At max level 110% I feel Blizzard could have done better with giving new spells to Brewmasters earlier on but thats just my opinion seems odd to wait until 70 to get PB which is a core spell as a Brewmaster. I can say for one who plays a Brewmaster they are a ton of fun and possibly the best tanks atm for Heroic progression. As for MW I can pretty much say the same except they arent the best healer but they can still put up very strong numbers. Cant say much WW as Ive never really played it in a raiding setup.
    If you got pb any earlier wud u actually ever use it tho? Even new tanks barely have a need to use it tanking heroics dungeons let alone leveling dungeons

Since DKs were mentioned in the first post, I will also mention DKs.
    I think part of the appeal of DKs and why they were so popular was the fact that they start at level 55. This of course cuts leveling in half. Plus, they have very awesome lore behind them.

Now onto monks. I think BM monks are in a strong spot right now. I have never played one, but have yet to see anyone complain about them. As for the other two specs, I think they are not in a strong spot. I have only played WW briefly, but it felt very clunky and unorganized. From what I have read, their DPS isn't the strongest, either.
    I hate to bash MW because I have had so much fun with it, but they feel weak as well. I only run the occasional LFR on my monk, but I felt something shift this patch. I went from doing chart topping healing in TOT LFR to being on the bottom in SOO LFR. *shrug*

Have monks made it through with dignity? I would say no. Monks are still a new class and still need work before I can call them dignified.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    No. I and everyone I know that are returning in WoD will meet every monk and panda alike with animosity and hate.
    Oh dear, how childish. You and the people you know really should grow up!

Haven't seen much talk about the PvP side of monks, I know you didn't specifically ask for PvP but I'll chime in anyways.
    I feel like a lot of WW monks that I meet in BGs and arenas are bad, but I think that's mostly cause some people haven't really figured them out yet. But sometimes you'll run into a WW who really knows what they're doing and then you're boned. WW have so much damn control and mobility, it's insane. They can also but out a good deal of damage when they have full stacks of Tiger's eye brew.

My process of fighting a monk usually goes like this: Oh look he's hitting like a wet noodle. Ughh, root removal x 2, roll, FSK. Omg get over here. Paralysis, damn, leg sweep, damn, disable, damn. Grabble weapon, damn, interrupt, damn. OMFG got globaled.

That's how it usually goes. :P

WW is also a lot of fun to play. Their rotation is interesting and exciting without being too difficult. I feel like it's in the sweet spot.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2013-12-16 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    This is my experience:

Windwalker:
    Pretty useless in 10man high end raiding. The main reason isn't that they suck but that melee in general sucks.
    If you do decide to bring melee you should probably bring a rogue (their utility is amazing).

Mistweaver:
    They do ok. For the most part you can interchange shamans/druids/monks for healing jobs in 10man. Pallies and priests have different strengths and it depends on the encounter which is better.

Brewmaster:
    Monk tanks are very good. They have a unique style of tanking which makes them good for many fights. Their dmg used to be extremely OP but with the (relatively recent) nerf they are more in line.

In summary:
    If you want to play a monk then your best bet is tank.
    If you want to play a healer then you can decide freely between many classes and monks aren't bad but they alo don't outshine anyone.
    If you want to raid hardcore as a melee dps you should level a rogue ( ).
    And now we have some insight as to why mythic will be 20 raiders, blizzard will find it much easier to focus on design and content for the min/maxers by not being limited to buffs/rebuffs available in a 10 man raid group. WW did well in 25s and will likely do well in 20

Monk is a great class, very fun to play, level, and awesome at end game. Blizz did an awesome job keeping them balanced and fun.

As a 10-man normal BrM, I'd say we're in an amazing spot. Excellent damage, mobility - and you feel... solid.
    I tend to switch tanks when a new expansion hits (pala->DK->bear in wotlk, bear->warrior in cata, Warrior->BrM in MoP), but I'm staying as a BrM in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    As a 10-man normal BrM, I'd say we're in an amazing spot. Excellent damage, mobility - and you feel... solid.
    I tend to switch tanks when a new expansion hits (pala->DK->bear in wotlk, bear->warrior in cata, Warrior->BrM in MoP), but I'm staying as a BrM in WoD.
    Having played Prot warrior and Blood DK through all hc content from WotLK and recently leveling a BrM monk I can say that BrM is easily the most fun and versatile of the three, with much better movement and their ability to handle large trash packs is unrivalled.
    However I feel there's more to be aware of as a BrM at high-end end-game and that stagger as a mechanic requires slightly more awareness to manage than anything a warrior or dk has. As for the "solid" part I'd tend to disagree and argue that they're one of the more 'squishy' tank classes in game currently. But that's just my opinion on an alt I've played for a few weeks.

We're good but not good enough to stack 4 of us ala rogue/warlock. At this point, if you were decently geared, you wouldn't have a problem finding a raid spot (so long as they actually want a melee lol)

Deleted
    Brewmaster Tanks, if played correct, are one of the most Solid Tanks.

Overall i'm pretty happy about Monks, i'm just a bit disappointed about our "Raid CD, or rather the lack of it (Windwalker)
    Zen Meditation seems decent, but i mostly use it as a second anti-magic Personal CD since 5 charges don't cover the Raid but only a group.

But what really grinds my gear is the Mastery of the WW, even now, with our Tigerbrew charge mastery, the Responsible Dev wrote that he's not happy with it BUT we will probably be stuck with it (or get a worse mastery).

Edit: The funny thing is many Hater that i saw were, wait for it...., DEATH KNIGHTS.
    Hell, there was a Post that was locked here on MMO Champion started by a DK that hoped that the Monks will become the New DKs with the Hate. Too bad we start with Level 1 and have plenty of time to get the Basics done for our Specs instead of finishing the Starter Zone and instantly que for a Dungeon.
    Last edited by mmoc103c9f4382; 2013-12-17 at 02:22 PM.

BrM was always fine. It had some tweaking, but the soul of the spec has remained relatively the same.

Zen Med is a joke

They're still trying to find Windwalkers Niche. If I stay with this class I'll either reroll MS BrM, or I need to be confident they finally worked out how they want to handle the spec. But I need to wait till some info gets released, obviously.

I've never seen any "hate" for playing the class though. The worst I got was some comments that Windwalker is a boring spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I've never seen any "hate" for playing the class though. The worst I got was some comments that Windwalker is a boring spec.
    Part of why I ditched WW as my off spec no point in switching specs and simply replacing Keg Smash with Rising Sun Kick in the rotation and then doing less damage than my tank spec =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Part of why I ditched WW as my off spec no point in switching specs and simply replacing Keg Smash with Rising Sun Kick in the rotation and then doing less damage than my tank spec =P
    Aside from a few points that really abused Vengeance(Empress stacking cooldowns, brute forcing the adds on H comes to mind. But that was also before TEB changes, SEF) I never had that issue really.

Its just weird though. I rerolled for WW back in the beta but then they overhaul it, and the comp was basically already locked. Was too lazy to gear up another character once the guild disbanded.

Don't know about you guys but I look at my screen and despair as the tattered shreds of my dignity trail my fat panda butt bouncing around wearing a blithely merry rictus of a grin.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-12-18 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Don't know about you guys but my the tattered shreds of my dignity trail my fat panda butt bouncing around wearing a blithely merry rictus of a grin.
    Oh daught, don't be so down on yourself.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    WW - lack of utility, but good dps,and really very fun to play. (had issues with aoe at start, but now fixed)

BRM - Pretty fun tank, effective but damm squishy if not played well.

MW - total fail of a spec. Nothing it does cant be done by a resto druid for half the effort and half the gear with twice the effect. Its not that MW cant be effective, but it lacks control, the mechanics are clunky, and counterintuitive and the gearing is counter intuitive and almost appears set up to try to catch people out.

Having played WW Monk in PvP up until 5.3 where I turned into Brewmaster for PvE I must say i feel monks have been one of the best classes in terms of balance and entertaining playstyles in this expansion. PvP would of been a lot of better off if other classes had the balance of a WW monk where they can't rely on a 'swifty' macro.

Whilst tanking, we're so fun to play and you can really seperate yourself from other tanks min-maxing and utilising cds efficiently!

In terms of fun, ww were great throughout the expansion, excluding some minor stuff like pre-5.1 FoF. Windwalkers started out each tier rather average, but ended up being among the top damage dealers by the end of each patch. We had our ups and downs, but overall things weren't as bad as most people tend to present them. Mind you, I'm talking from a 25hc raiding guild in the world 100-200 rank bracket, your results may vary. Then again, most high-profile guilds had at least one monk of some spec on progress, so I'd say overall the new class was a success. I still miss my old rogue, but I don't think I'd be able to go back to maining it now.

I would like to see a little more "controlled" healing brought to the MW... It feels a little weird just hoping your smart heals will cover things while your overhealing rapes any feeling of efficiency...

But I think it's just a personal thing for me. They feel weird compared to other healers. Sure, they seem to get the job done, but compared to other classes it feels more like a "cast and pray" type heal style...

*shrug* or maybe it's just me lol