What's the best way to delay sending a message? (Weak Auras custom function)

Greetings,

I'm just wondering what the best way to delay sending a chat message after a fixed number of seconds would be? Just creating a weakaura to send a chat message to another raider, but I want to send it a certain number of seconds after the event has triggered.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming I have to create some kind of ghetto delay function, but right now all I'm doing is freezing my client like an idiot
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-12-16 at 05:23 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used the SlashIn mod for sending delayed raid messages, I assume the same can be done for a whisper.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in

Whoops, misunderstood the question.

If you're creating a WA region just for this, you set the duration, and then have it send the chat message for "On Finish" or whatever it's called in the other tab.
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2013-12-16 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriscats View Post
    I've used the SlashIn mod for sending delayed raid messages, I assume the same can be done for a whisper.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/slash-in
    Aye, but I'd prefer not to get another addon involved if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Whoops, misunderstood the question.

If you're creating a WA region just for this, you set the duration, and then have it send the chat message for "On Finish" or whatever it's called in the other tab.
    Wow, I was going about this the wrong way, thanks!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh