Page 1 of 25
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    My suggestions to fix LFR

    I think LFR is a good service to the game by allowing people to see extremely watered down versions of fights and of course seeing the Lore.

    The biggest issues I have with lfr are
    1. People have basically 0 accountability
    2. Que times are horrendous

    my suggestions
    1. Offer tanks and healers some incentive to que, no the satchel is horrible. One idea is for every wing of lfr you tank or heal you can be placed in the front of the line as a dps toon.

    You tank Vale of Eternal on your warrior
    you then que for Vale of Eternal on your druid dps and skip the line

    or give an increased loot drop for healers and tanks nothing major

    or double valor for tanks/healers



    As for accountability, the vote kick rule basically ensures every group will have trolls or afkers. People should be able to vote kick whenever they want. The dps in the SOO tier has been 20k-40k lower than it was last patch. If someone wants to roll in and do 20k dps than the group should be able to kick them.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire caelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Innsbruck, Austria
    Posts
    385
    Hm. I'm not too keen on tanking LFR, simple 'cause of all those people behaving like rabid monkeys and blaming you for every shit that goes wrong during the whole fuckin' raid while healers and DPS basically can get away with anything. And just adding some extra loot wouldn't change too much, at least for me.

    Awesome signature by Toraah - thank you very much!

  3. #3
    LFR is facing issues because flex has finally separated actual casuals from shitters.

    Casuals run flex because it is quick, interesting and offers better rewards.

    Shitters do LFR because 50k dps isn't tolerated in flex groups.

  4. #4
    High Overlord Tiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    105
    Nothing personal, but I'll never step into LFR to be treated like shit and/or be kicked for the most ridiculous reasons.

    Sorry, but I don't see why LFR is still in game with Flex being a casual fun way to raid.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see why LFR is still in game with Flex being a casual fun way to raid.
    Because Flex still requires a third party addon, ever-escalating gear requirements (530 a few weeks ago, 540 now), and about 2-3 hours to organize. I queue for 5 LFR instances at once, run dailies and/or dungeons, and knock out two or three LFRs at one time in 2-3 hours. While I got my dailies done and collected my Secrets of the Empire you were still waiting for your oqueue group to get going. What's casual and fun about your way?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Nothing personal, but I'll never step into LFR to be treated like shit and/or be kicked for the most ridiculous reasons.

    Sorry, but I don't see why LFR is still in game with Flex being a casual fun way to raid.

    The dropdown in difficult from normal to flex isnt close to Flex to lfr

  7. #7
    High Overlord Tiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    105
    I run flex with guildies and friends, takes 1 min to invite everyone and queue, zone in and clear in ~2 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The dropdown in difficult from normal to flex isnt close to Flex to lfr
    I tried LFR when SoO came out, gave up after 3 hours wiping on Dark Shamans.

    I thought LFR was a great addition to the game, only to have players ruin it. I might be biased since I hate tanking for people who can't be arsed to do their job properly.

    Maybe I just have really bad luck with groups.

    REALLY bad luck.
    Last edited by Tiago; 2013-12-17 at 12:07 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    LFR is facing issues because flex has finally separated actual casuals from shitters.

    Casuals run flex because it is quick, interesting and offers better rewards.

    Shitters do LFR because 50k dps isn't tolerated in flex groups.
    this person hit the nail so hard it'll never be useful again.

    you can't SAVE LFR, players who generally try and care will very quickly move into flex to just have more fun in their runs, better rewards and feels more like a raid.

    shitters will stay in LFR being plain terrible, you can't stop shitters running LFR, it's their right as a paying customer thats what LFR was designed for, if YOU don't like how LFR is, stop making 100 page threads about saving it or improving it, just move onto flex and enjoy the game like everyone else is doing.

    there's no reasons for anyone to not to be able to run flex, not every group is 550+ sorry it might take a while but not everything in life can be spoon fed to you like LFR is.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-12-17 at 12:08 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    I run flex with guildies and friends, takes 1 min to invite everyone and queue, zone in and clear in ~2 hours.
    Then you never really needed LFR to begin with. Why didn't you just run with them then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    I tried LFR when SoO came out, gave up after 3 hours wiping on Dark Shamans because people can't be arsed to do their job properly.
    Why couldn't you run LFR with guildies and friends then? You would easily burn through a wing in a half hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  10. #10
    High Overlord Tiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    105
    I just love tanking and ToT LFR wasn't as bad as SoO. Also I could get upgrades for offspec or cap valor or help a friend who can't do normals.

    Plenty of reasons.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Because Flex still requires a third party addon, ever-escalating gear requirements (530 a few weeks ago, 540 now), and about 2-3 hours to organize. I queue for 5 LFR instances at once, run dailies and/or dungeons, and knock out two or three LFRs at one time in 2-3 hours. While I got my dailies done and collected my Secrets of the Empire you were still waiting for your oqueue group to get going. What's casual and fun about your way?
    It requires no third party addon and never has. The battle tag system functions like a social network allowing a player to add friends of friends. Then group up. It is your daunt you are antisocial. If you really think groups take 2-3 houes to form you're a moron, groups clear the entire raid in that time.

  12. #12
    off topic but can you people sound less like assholes for once?

    back on topic
    1. define zero accountability.
    2. que times are crap because of dps and healers treating tanks like crap.

    LFR is mostly a community issue because the community created it. blizzard cant find that, the community has to.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...volcano/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, Return to Isarin(ties into race idea), Dawn of Restoration, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    off topic but can you people sound less like assholes for once?

    back on topic
    1. define zero accountability.
    2. que times are crap because of dps and healers treating tanks like crap.

    LFR is mostly a community issue because the community created it. blizzard cant find that, the community has to.
    Don't need to sugar coat everything. And zero accountability means that no matter how bad you are the system picks up your slack, and the community is accepting of bad play. If you say kick the 14k dps, you get called an elitist prick. 0 accountability,don't need to gem or pay attention, know strats or how I play, the system and community cleans up after you.

  14. #14
    LFR is garbage and needs to go. The players made it what it is and I won't flinch at all when it's gone.

    And I don't mean poor DPS. I mean general douchebaggery. Intentionally ruining other peoples time.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Nothing personal, but I'll never step into LFR to be treated like shit and/or be kicked for the most ridiculous reasons.

    Sorry, but I don't see why LFR is still in game with Flex being a casual fun way to raid.
    Target a slightly different audience, especially as a lot of casual players don't use OQueue

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    LFR is garbage and needs to go. The players made it what it is and I won't flinch at all when it's gone.

    And I don't mean poor DPS. I mean general douchebaggery. Intentionally ruining other peoples time.
    Why don't you just not use it and let the people who enjoy it keep playing it rather than removing it for them entirely? I don't like BGs anymore and the community in them is just as bad, but I don't ask Blizz to remove it

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Don't need to sugar coat everything. And zero accountability means that no matter how bad you are the system picks up your slack, and the community is accepting of bad play. If you say kick the 14k dps, you get called an elitist prick. 0 accountability,don't need to gem or pay attention, know strats or how I play, the system and community cleans up after you.
    ok. i see well far i am not seeing it for my runs. those who needs to be dealt with are.
    like i said its a community issue. its not easy to fix.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...volcano/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, Return to Isarin(ties into race idea), Dawn of Restoration, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    LFR is garbage and needs to go. The players made it what it is and I won't flinch at all when it's gone.

    And I don't mean poor DPS. I mean general douchebaggery. Intentionally ruining other peoples time.
    SoO has not been a good tier for LFR.

    I think player douchebaggery has reached an all time high in SoO LFR. It has nothing to do with Gisc's imaginary "14k dps." It has to do with being brought up by Mom and Dad to be an asshole, and proudly displaying that heritage in-game.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    LFR is garbage and needs to go. The players made it what it is and I won't flinch at all when it's gone.

    And I don't mean poor DPS. I mean general douchebaggery. Intentionally ruining other peoples time.
    can we remove all forms of raids then too? >_>
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...volcano/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, Return to Isarin(ties into race idea), Dawn of Restoration, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    ok. i see well far i am not seeing it for my runs. those who needs to be dealt with are.
    like i said its a community issue. its not easy to fix.
    The issue with kicking is you can't do it in combat or during loot rolls so lots of the time people can't be arsed to wait like 45 secs to kick some asshole

  20. #20
    Blizzard will have their own version of Oqueue in WoD, so that argument goes out the window more than likely.(what they added is just a tiny bandaid, not indicative of what they are going to make).

    They've also strongly hinted its rewards will be nerfed. Recently GC tweeted that LFR should be for seeing content and "some gear". They don't like that everyone is forced into LFR for end game progression, even though most probably don't care for the style of play raiding is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •