Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When my group does a LAN we usually try and fit in a variety of (older) games, but some tried and true are:

zDoom
    Unreal Tournament (we prefer the original due to how the Translocator works)
    Shadow Warrior (the original)
    DotA/DotA2
    Command & Conquer + Covert Ops
    StarCraft (we do a lot of bug hunts, 3 players vs 4 Zerg AI (2v3 also works for co-op))
    Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War + Expansions
    Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Civilization IV

Now, if you want to completely ruin a LAN, take Roller Coaster Tycoon. Nothing better than a bunch of people all networked together playing an addictive single player game.

As no one seems to have mentioned so far but we loved it back in our LAN days. Battlezone II nice mix of RTS and shooter
    Last edited by Oevaag; 2013-12-17 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling

When Im attending LAN events with friends we usually play these: Civ 4&5, Titan Quest, Diablo 2&LoD, wc3, Sins of Solar Empire+expansions, Master of Orion 3, Sword of Stars+expansions, Starcraft, AoE2, Path of Exile.
    And of course the best lan game of all time (with 4 players max) BORDERLANDS 1 & 2
    Last edited by Rauno; 2013-12-17 at 04:30 PM.

Magika, downloadable from steam. hilarious, fun, and a great party game.

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aliens VS Predator, the first version of the game was AWESOME fun to LAN.

Worms Armageddon

You can't go wrong

Deleted
    Just Cause 2 + Multiplayer Mod and its on steam for just £2
    Bargain.

10+ Year Old Account
    unreal tournament was awesome for xbox

15+ Year Old Account
    one year i went to a event well it was sort of a LAN party but they called it something else(forget what it was) but they were playing WWIIOnline, MMOFPS with planes, tanks, infantry, boats. but the cool thing about it was that everyone played all at the same time together

Left for dead
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Hammerwatch was fun, 8-bit style top-down multiplayer

Castle Crashers

Magicka

Any games like this that are multiplayer pick-up games. depends a lot on how many people you have though. these aren't more than 4-person games
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Sucks its only on pc, mario kart is a blast when ur all in the same room.

Age of empires is always a good game

Worms (Any, they are all great)

Civ 4 / 5 if ur into that, just play it on quick mode or what ever its called.

Left for dead is also a blast if you have 8 people (7 if enough tho)

Deleted
    the only things you need:

WC3 with lots of funmaps! (alternatively SC2 funmaps, but no idea how well developed they are)
    CS1.6 aim maps, knife maps, scout only maps, kreedz and surf maps
    Left4Dead Coop
    Dota2

Deleted
    MAGIKA! BEST FUN EVER DO ME MADE FOR 4MAN LAN PAREHS!!! WOOP WOPOP
    sorry was too excited when i read it becasue i remmebered the times when i did it with my frend :P
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_XP9OBWGKo‎
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/
    You can kill or heal your party memeber
    kick them out of cliff edges, push them in the boss mouth etc etc lots of lots of fun really

10+ Year Old Account
    Civ4 can be quite fun at LAN's if you dont mind dedicating a lot of time to one game. One game that always gets played atleast once at my friends lans is SWAT4, good game but in general but one of our favourite LAN games.

Deleted
    A few pieces of advice:

Make sure you plan the games (or rather.. plan how to install them quickly!) so you don't spend ages waiting for everybody to install the games. This has previously stolen loads of hours when I've been at Lan-parties.

Get some small easy-to-learn and preferably fast-paced games. Even though you don't usually play i.e. car/racing games, they usually go well. Don't worry too much about whether people normally prefer rts, fps og simulation. If you are at a Lan, it usually doesn't matter if you are playing your favorite game - the enjoyment comes from playing a random game with your friends.
    The added bonus of playing these "unknown" games is also that you normally won't have one guy who is grandmaster of the universe, while the rest are utter noobs. It's much better if everybody are at least somewhat equal - and if there are a skill-difference, it won't take long until the new guys can at least be a part of the game instead of just being cannon fodder.

Random games off the top of my head:

Atomic Bomberman! - Nothing beats this.. honestly. So basic and simple, yet the perfect game to get the blood boiling at a Lan.
    Carmageddon.
    Quake (whichever one you have access to. II and III are my favorites) or Unreal Tournament (basically any fast-paced fps).
    Random RTS but not overly complicated - if you do pick a complicated game, go for one which none of you have played before.
    Need4Speed, Burnout or something like that. Personally I'm not into car games, but I love them at a Lan. It just feels better when you can laugh at the guy you just drove off the road

And Darkinfinity said it - Mario Party. Perfect game for Lan - easy to learn, hard to master. And it's all about competition.

And the social aspect... If some guy wants to go farm dailies or whatever for a short period of time, don't make a big deal of it. Try to convince him to join the rest of you but don't let it ruin your Lan if insists on grinding solo a bit. Personal experience...