Deleted

DPS Issue as Affliction.

Hi and thanks for reading.

So I started to play 1 month ago (after a break) and I been getting alot of gear so I have 558ilvl. I main Destro atm since it's apperantly the best specc for Warlocks I've heard.
    I pull out around 300-340k as Destro on Malkorok normal 10man.
    But when I switch to affliction I got around 240k-270k depending on proccs etc.
    Note: I have 99%ish uptime on dots pretty much on most fights as both Affli and Destro!

I reforge as following: Hit > Haste (9778) > Mastery > Crit. I been doing this so I can balance the two speccs if I would like to go Affliction on certain encounters.

Been trying to compare in WoL between other Affliction Warlocks, but most fights are either 2-3 min long, or they just have insanely much more gear than me. So it's hard to compare me with them. Is Affliction just that bad in Single Target fights, or could it be Affli dont scale well without extremly good gear?
    Last edited by mmocd84441d9f4; 2013-12-19 at 06:49 AM.

in my opinion you should try going for 10124 haste since its more common and an extra dot.. remember to keep haunt up as much as u can especially on a single target fights it makes it easier .. but on fights like malkorok destro is alot more reliable for Warlocks since its full nuke basicly.. But on multitarget fights like Protectors.. on protectors by dotting everything u can get up to 600k dps at ur ilvl easy .. and around 1,2m burst at start :-) nothing more i can say really.. since i havent played affli much .. only for hc protectors (maybe not exactly the answer you want but just trying to help in any kind of way)

Deleted
    Might sound like a dumb question but do you have Legendary meta gem because it makes a big difference...

Deleted
    common problem with affli is soulshard management, with low haste u wont get em much as well as without 4th piece of T16
    my experience would recommend 10,5k haste -> then mastery, and get the 4th piece of T16 because of the haunt refresh chance

I like to haunt spam the boss on Malkorok and Drain Soul the adds right before they die for endless shards basically.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Sounds like a gameplay problem, so I'm not sure how you want anyone to help you without logs?

Deleted
    I will defiently try out more haste then, been going with what I had in t14 which was 9778 haste. Might aswell step it up. Thanks all =)

Quote Originally Posted by Triplew View Post
    common problem with affli is soulshard management, with low haste u wont get em much as well as without 4th piece of T16
    my experience would recommend 10,5k haste -> then mastery, and get the 4th piece of T16 because of the haunt refresh chance
    In my experience, 4 pc T16 can be awful for afflic. I've had the set bonus proc only once on certain fights, i'd say it's much more worth it to roll 2pc and go for 2 haste/mastery pieces instead of having more tier pieces with crit. Especially if you have warforged gear you could use for whatever slot you'd be switching around in place of tier.

Deleted
    I wouldn't call it awful. I'd drop it for 2 HCWF with better stats, but that's about it.

It gains potency in execute when you're spamming haunt too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    In my experience, 4 pc T16 can be awful for afflic. I've had the set bonus proc only once on certain fights, i'd say it's much more worth it to roll 2pc and go for 2 haste/mastery pieces instead of having more tier pieces with crit. Especially if you have warforged gear you could use for whatever slot you'd be switching around in place of tier.
    thats fine and all but that is also pretty impossible. the optimal setup for afflic will always be tier helm and gloves, ring from thok, legs from iron juggernaut and bracers from spoils. after that your only choice is any combination of haste and mastery item none of which with haste/mastery on them, so your only option will be haste with hit/crit or mastery with hit/crit and once you're hitcapped any hitrating will be useless leaving you with haste/crit and mastery/crit items. bottomline, you will be hard pressed to avoid crit all together but its doable, you'll just have a lot of hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSociety View Post
    Hi and thanks for reading.

So I started to play 1 month ago (after a break) and I been getting alot of gear so I have 558ilvl. I main Destro atm since it's apperantly the best specc for Warlocks I've heard.
    I pull out around 300-340k as Destro on Malkorok normal 10man.
    But when I switch to affliction I got around 240k-270k depending on proccs etc.
    Note: I have 99%ish uptime on dots pretty much on most fights as both Affli and Destro!

I reforge as following: Hit > Haste (9778) > Mastery > Crit. I been doing this so I can balance the two speccs if I would like to go Affliction on certain encounters.

Been trying to compare in WoL between other Affliction Warlocks, but most fights are either 2-3 min long, or they just have insanely much more gear than me. So it's hard to compare me with them. Is Affliction just that bad in Single Target fights, or could it be Affli dont scale well without extremly good gear?
    Affliction is essentially all about the opener, if you are not getting your 5 shards at the start and popping cooldowns and syncing others together it won't do enough sustained damage when the fight is over. Affliction is also better when fights do not last long because again the opener is very strong hitting upwards of 1M+ in 565ish ilvl and having efficent reforging with tons of mastery. With that being said, your reforging should be Hit > Haste 9778 > Mastery > Haste > Crit for Affliction. Affliction also scales with gear and more importantly trinkets, if you have a Bindings of Immerseus trinket (PBoI) I would not recommend it as Affliction since it does not ALWAYS proc in the opener.

I hope this answered some questions, if ya have anymore just reply.