Thread: Destro 4pc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I have Flex shoulders from tier and Heroic Shoulders. If I switch to heroic shoulders i get more stats but with flex i have 4pc set... is it worth it to keep 4pc over hc item?

Quote Originally Posted by shole View Post
    I have Flex shoulders from tier and Heroic Shoulders. If I switch to heroic shoulders i get more stats but with flex i have 4pc set... is it worth it to keep 4pc over hc item?
    Probably not but, again, the safest answer it's sim yourself.

If the shoulder was the Normal version, I would trade it, but the flex one it's around 600 less secondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    whats the easiest way to sim different gear without changing the gear?
    Just change the item on sim code

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Probably not but, again, the safest answer it's sim yourself.

If the shoulder was the Normal version, I would trade it, but the flex one it's around 600 less secondaries.

Just change the item on sim code
    Oh well I went ahead and got the flex gloves instead and went for the shoulders, while hoping for coining some hc tier pieces today. Not sure if I should just stick with the 2p and stuff until I get my hands on tier gloves though. Won't upgrade the gloves yet either, I pull 300k+ dps without it so doing fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    whats the easiest way to sim different gear without changing the gear?
    You can import your character in AskMrRobot and change gear there, have it optimized (gemmed, hitcapped, etc), and then export a SimC profile for use in Simcraft. That's the easiest way i know of doing that without actually obtaining the gear.

Generally speaking I try to keep immolate up with it as often as possible and then I usually end up casting a chaosbolt when I'm 1 ember bit from my next ember and hope for the best which if it ticks over lets me get 2 chaosbolts in the window sometimes 3 timing and procs willing.

For the most part though as others have said its best not to worry about getting a chaosbolt into every.one. because embers are a limited resource and the proc is so common that you can always just pop one into the next window.

When I got my 4 piece I started paying more attention to when my ember is About to fill, rather than when it's full.

It's true , when you notice an ember fills up, you will generally only have enough time to refresh immolate unless you're pretty quick and not having to be mobile. What I try to watch for is instances in which i am 1 emberbit away from filling..... then I know my next incinerate will fill. As soon as the incinerate releases I begin casting Chaos bolt then immolate...it works pretty nice especially when DS is up

Well here is another thing to consider...once you reach around 563-565 ilvl a mast-haste-crit build surpasses the mast-crit-haste build for dps so you should switch for that. Also you should be using WA to track how many embers you have so you know when cb will fill. basically if you have enough haste and you are tracking all your procs properly you can at times sneak in two cb's during 4 set proc via having the legendary proc going at the same time. And for further clarification the proc last 4 seconds so you definately need to know when it is coming to do this correctly as trying to react to it after it procs will mean you only get one out. Since spells now update dynamically you can start casting before the proc goes off and by the time it does your cb will be firing. In some cases during hero you could technically get 3 cb's but it is extremely hard and the amount of attention you use to focus on looking for it most assuredly would be taking away from everything else you should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTolomay View Post
    Well here is another thing to consider...once you reach around 563-565 ilvl a mast-haste-crit build surpasses the mast-crit-haste build for dps so you should switch for that.

Why, do u have any data?

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Why, do u have any data?
    He has simcraft, though it is mostly preferences, the dps difference isnt noticeable enough.

well actually besides simcraft i also have actual in-game experience as well as the agreement of other warlocks ...check the top ones and you will see. But yeah in the end it is mostly preference, but as haste tends to perform better than crit for multiple targets it is more desirable seen as so many fights have more than one target you need to worry about.

Deleted
    warlock is the best class in all game ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by SirTolomay View Post
    well actually besides simcraft i also have actual in-game experience as well as the agreement of other warlocks ...check the top ones and you will see. But yeah in the end it is mostly preference, but as haste tends to perform better than crit for multiple targets it is more desirable seen as so many fights have more than one target you need to worry about.
    In-game experience goes as preference, the top warlocks go high haste because of having an affliction OS which does not want crit and certain haste breakpoints, and well yeah haste is better for multitarget fights.

In my opinion, 4pc bonus should be baseline for the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    In my opinion, 4pc bonus should be baseline for the spec.
    Remember, they often use tier bonuses as experiments for things just like this. I wouldn't be surprised to see some bonus in WoD whenever an ember is completed.

It might be worth it to use a conflag right when the buff procs, as it might lead to a 2 set proc, and 25% more Immolate crit is nothing to sneeze at