Hunters with Mage alts in pvp?

I was wanting to get a few opinions from experienced hunters who have mages alt. Do you feel like you have more damage and control with a mage or your hunter? Especially in 3s?

- - - Updated - - -

And do you prefer to use wyvern sting or binding shot?

I'm not an experienced hunter, so you probably don't care what I have to say. LOL
    But, I feel mages have a lot more cleaving potential, but their burst have to be set up.
    Hunters are more on the go, burst when you need it, they also do well with LoS situations, and they have more CC's on different DR's.

Quote Originally Posted by pmdawnie View Post
    I'm not an experienced hunter, so you probably don't care what I have to say. LOL
    But, I feel mages have a lot more cleaving potential, but their burst have to be set up.
    Hunters are more on the go, burst when you need it, they also do well with LoS situations, and they have more CC's on different DR's.
    I find my mage is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder to master but I can actually kill a healer 1v1 as a mage in an arena. control is comparable but you have to be on your game to survive as a mage.

Didn't see your comment about 3's. RIght now Mage/warrior/Druid is unstoppable if you have the opportunity. Otherwise KFC is a great hunter comp that is fairly easy to play. Mage/warrior/healer is also great for the mage in that the warrior take a lot of the pressure off of you with offensive pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pmdawnie View Post
    they also do well with LoS situations,
    I kind of disagree with the los statement with the exception of BM hunters. Mages have tons of ways to deal with LoS (Blink, 2-3 roots, a stun, and RoF or frostJaw. Hunters have roots but they are a bit harder to apply on demand depending on spec.

I don't disagree that hunters have good tools for LoS but I think mages perform a bit better in this regard.

Thank you both for the replies. I'm just trying to figure out which to concentrate on more because I enjoy what I have of them both at the moment. I'm currently enjoying fire on my mage I know frost is the way to go if I want more control and I usually run BM on my hunter so far. I can see how they both have advantages and disadvantages. Guess I just have to figure out which one I want to take to 100 in the expansion.

Hunters have more survivability and adapt faster than mages. Mages have a lot of counters in 1v1 (rogues, ferals, locks, elem shamans (those guys will rape your ass in 3 seconds, it's not even a fight), and ofc hunters as well- their classic hardcounters), while hunters don't really have a counter in 1v1 if you're any good.

When it comes to specs...MM is for doing arenas and rbgs mostly. This spec excels against other ranged but is not very good vs. melee, the 9 sec cd on chimera shot is kinda stupid and also the spec is severely focus starved. MM is for when you're not focused that much and/or have support.

BM is your choice for 1v1, wpvp and random bgs. It handles much better than MM when being trained. It doesn't have as much burst as MM but you will see what I'm talking about when some rogue or warrior decides to train you all day. BM, however, is not as good as MM vs. other ranged classes but very good vs. melee.

For general pvp I recommend BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbix View Post
    Hunters have more survivability and adapt faster than mages. Mages have a lot of counters in 1v1 (rogues, ferals, locks, elem shamans (those guys will rape your ass in 3 seconds, it's not even a fight), and ofc hunters as well- their classic hardcounters), while hunters don't really have a counter in 1v1 if you're any good.

When it comes to specs...MM is for doing arenas and rbgs mostly. This spec excels against other ranged but is not very good vs. melee, the 9 sec cd on chimera shot is kinda stupid and also the spec is severely focus starved. MM is for when you're not focused that much and/or have support.

BM is your choice for 1v1, wpvp and random bgs. It handles much better than MM when being trained. It doesn't have as much burst as MM but you will see what I'm talking about when some rogue or warrior decides to train you all day. BM, however, is not as good as MM vs. other ranged classes but very good vs. melee.

For general pvp I recommend BM.
    Thank you, as far as being the second ranged class in my guild over all I believe I will practice more with my hunter then. Thank you for the feedback.