Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Healthstones: the Raid Utility Monks Need?

Alright, there's a lot of talk about the lack of raid utility afforded by monks. The answer seems simple enough. Healthstones. Only one other class in the game has them.

Imagine if, say, Monks could place down a keg. People who interact with that keg get a stein of some sort of healing brew. Shares a cooldown with Healthstones, unique with Healthstones, but the same effect.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

i could see it, as is we warlocks are the only class that brings the cookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using it should make the character drunk as well, that way at the end of a raid fight you can call all the sober players baddies =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'm okay with this.

Deleted
    Probably not, with 19 other players in WoD how much do you want to bet a Warlock is one of them?

warlocks are brought primarily for healthstones. it has nothing to do with them being the best dps class with the best survivability or anything. is this real life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    warlocks are brought primarily for healthstones. it has nothing to do with them being the best dps class with the best survivability or anything. is this real life?
    It's a start, and it's impossible to deny that Healthstones can be a valuable asset in progression. Even if monks had comparable DPS and survivability, they would be deferred to Warlocks because of the utility they provide.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Its useless because mythic is 20m only and there will almost always be a warlock there. Giving this to monks would just make the problem worse because they wouldn't give monks real raid utility.

Regardless, I'm not too worried about this just yet. I think they'll be removing most dps defensive CDs now that they don't have to worry about making sure 10m guilds can have carried comps.

When they get to the balancing of classes and they have shown no sign of removing things like Healing Tide from dps shaman, then I'd start being worried and be asking for raid CDs. As it stands, we don't know enough about their design philosophy.

To everyone saying 20man mithic will have a lock. You are forgetting there is still groups that will do 10normal/heroic, what about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    To everyone saying 20man mithic will have a lock. You are forgetting there is still groups that will do 10normal/heroic, what about them.
    They can bring an 11th person that is a warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    They can bring an 11th person that is a warlock.
    For normal, yes.

For heroic, no.

Heroic is still locked at 10 or 25 man, Normal and LFR are the 10 to 25 people, Mythic, 20 people only

OT: Yeah, i am cool with that idea, as long WW get it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic is fixed at 20, heroic and normal (what are today called flex and normal) will be flexible size, LFR will be 25 with moderate flexibility if people leave.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/08/ma...ds-of-draenor/

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    For normal, yes.

For heroic, no.

Heroic is still locked at 10 or 25 man, Normal and LFR are the 10 to 25 people, Mythic, 20 people only

you are wrong. both normal and heroic will scale with the number of players. only mythic will be fixed size.

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    For normal, yes.

For heroic, no.

Na

LFR 10-25
    Norm ( Old flex ) 10-25
    Heroic ( Old norm ) 10-25
    Mythic ( New Heroic ) 20 only, everything else is flex able.

I swear to god I've never once used a Healthstone, even on my tanks :P

Well okay a few times when my RL specifically nagged me to.

Could honestly see them being cut entirely.

Also, I don't agree with the idea that everyone needs utility in order to be invited to the group. Turns into an arms race. If anything it's the opposite, nobody should bring such important utility that you feel you need an ____ in order to raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A monk stone should apply a renewing mist type of hot that would jump to 1 additional toon with the lowest health

Instead of 3 charges maybe 2 on a longer cd

Could be called vial of mist or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Well okay a few times when my RL specifically nagged me to.

Could honestly see them being cut entirely.

Aslong as the side affect was drunk i would be cool
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to giving monks something like healthstones. No to having those healthstones get my character drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    Rofl! I get your feelings lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce
    I dont understand why it's tough to macro the healthstones to something defensive or its own keybind. Something that you use when youre low health, esp as a tank... I do it on my Ret, makes my auto-cast Flash of Lights boss!