Struggling PVP Pet Battlers

First thing you should gauge is the frequency of certain class types your facing. Then build a team that counters much as possible while being hard to counter yourself.

A vast majority of PVP teams currently contain a Humanoid. Anubisath Idols are heavy used, many still cling to there Kun-Lai Runts and Imps.
    With Christmas now here you can expect the number of people rolling Humanoids to spike even more, with the new Rotten Little Helper and old Winter Helper.

A alarming amount of people are also using Unborn Val'kyr.

To build a high percentage winning team it should be designed around countering Humanoids and a answer to the Val'kyr. Awhile ago i designed a team to do just that which i'll share with you.

This team is : Macabre Marionette (undead) Infested Bear Cub (undead) Spineclaw Crab (aquatic) Current Record 49-5-3

One of the main threats to this team is Critters which is the least used in PVP, if you do encounter one abilities Rip & Maul are strong versus Critter.

If your opponent has Unborn Val'kyr 95% of the time they start with it to Curse of Doom then Haunt...Always start your Crab first and counter with Rip then Blood in the Water which will eat more then half it's health before haunting. Your crab will take less then 200 damage from Haunt and 360 from Curse which all can be erased from it's 550 Healing Wave.

Other strong teams is : Crow (flying) Spectral Porcupette (magic) Gooey Sha-ling (elemental) - Darkness.
    Murkalot (humanoid) Blackfuse Bombling (mechanical) Spawn of G'nathus (aquatic) - Heavy Hits.
    Fiendish Imp (humanoid) Fiendish Imp (humanoid) Blossoming Ancient (elemental) - Strong heal dots.

Ask if you got questions.

Nice post. It'll be interesting to see when the usage of Unborn Val'kyr and Anubisath Idols decreases due to teams like your own countering them.

Ask if you got questions.
    The rotten little helper looks like a strong pet to me. Not that minefield teams ever went away, but I'm expecting an uptick in that tactic as this guy gets into circulation.

What's the best way to deal with minefields? Do abilities like feign death negate them? Try to heal the damage? Have an elemental so it's weak?

I had about a 75-80% win rate over ~80 matches with

Valk
    Pengu
    Rotten Little Helper

It's a fun team but it's exceedingly weak against a few comps.

I couldn't really find places to fit the Helper in many comps. He's too slow to use for sudden burst and he dies in 3 turns versus a stitched pup, blighthawk or valk.

Minefield teams are crushed fairly easily by Lil Rag / Trap + magma wave setup. I don't personally like magma wave as the randomness of the trap going off wins a lot more games than the trap going off at a specific moment, as the enemy team can recover much more quickly, but it works very well there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frogs are better to kill of undead. You need a fast version of it (280+).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I've tried different setups and... I just felt I couldnt do anything... before I just went off with a team full of flying pets. 50% speed increase when above 50% health is just excellent. I want quick matches... And if I loose... I want quick losses.

1. Crow: Alpha Strike - Call Darkness - Nocturnal Strike
    2. Amber Moth: Alpha Strike - Cocoon Strike - Moth Dust
    3. Flamering Moth: Alpha Strike - Cocoon Strike - Moth Dust

Whenever I face an Undead Pet.. HELLO UNBORN VAL'KYR!! I start with Call Darkness -> Nocturnal Strike (=val'kyr@30%) before my enemy switches to something else.
    Anything but a dragon now is good for me. Even a Corefire Imp. Feel free to kill my Crow with dots and switch in my Amber moth. Who has a chance to stun you with the Moth Dust.

Either way... I think I win 7/10 with this setup. Quick matches. Cocoon Strike is good defence.