Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So you want photos of the BEST CITY EVER?

After my thread of horrible, depressing city photos photos I thought I would show you a city of my own creation. It is the most ineffable city to ever known to man kind.

I created it in Sim City from nothing. Wouldn't it be cool if a city as pretty as this did exist?
    Last edited by mmoc3361568b79; 2013-12-17 at 11:44 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Berlin mix'd with Odense/Faaborg (Denmark) :P

*edit, nice work though, I like it

Looks like a mix of Berlin (those arcs/gateways etc) and Prague (old buildings with red roofs) lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs more spooky towers
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Singapore is the best city in the world IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing about it is it has no sky scrappers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Good thing about it is it has no sky scrappers
    A city without sky scrapers is no city. Most European "cities" look pitiful compared to the sky-scraper filled North American/asian cities. Look at Singapore, Kuala Lampur, Jakarta, and Hong Kong. Those are REAL cities.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    A city without sky scrapers is no city. Most European "cities" look pitiful compared to the sky-scraper filled North American/asian cities. Look at Singapore, Kuala Lampur, Jakarta, and Hong Kong. Those are REAL cities.
    No need to pigeonhole cities like that. Skyscrapers can both add to and detract from a city's landscape. Some cities are much better off without them.

Deleted
    I'd take quality over quantity any day. I prefer a city like Cambridge to somewhere like Boston.

The only city I like with skyscrapers is New York and that's mostly because it's a novelty for people that don't live in a country where that particular architectural and design layout style doesn't exist.

I prefer scenes like this;

http://www.opportunitypeterborough.c...terborough.jpg
    http://www.ecoincubation.co.uk/wp-co...2/04/pboro.jpg

Last edited by mmoc1204399cdd; 2013-12-18 at 12:31 AM.

It isn't so good to be honest, have seen many better.

Looks pretty, and yeah I got a German vibe off it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesco View Post
    After my thread of horrible, depressing city photos photos I thought I would show you a city of my own creation. It is the most ineffable city to ever known to man kind.
    I dunno, I could eff it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    No need to pigeonhole cities like that. Skyscrapers can both add to and detract from a city's landscape. Some cities are much better off without them.
    All I know is that Växjö needs some skyscrapers in city centre. The highest building there is 4 floors tall. It's really a turn-off for the fourth most growing city in Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    How were you able to do this anyways >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I can pretty much use your own words to suit my argument. A sky scraper filled city is just ugly in my opinion.

Why do you keep making threads with pictures of cities? Who cares about all that lol? I mean, of course places differ, even places within cities/countries.

Btw, just my opinion, your city is boring and ugly. I like my cities full of skyscrapers but empty of people.

Deleted
    Prague looks kewl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want a city consisting of like 4 different buildings over and over again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Nice.. but it looks boring and doesn't have real "face" or atmosphere. No river, no characteristic weather, harbor, old town buildings. Big ol' gothic tower of doom? I think Root's city looks a bit better in all honesty.

no THANK YOU!! make it more rural are we can talk.. I hate being so close to my neighbors and not having nature.

Hmm...what's the cost of living in your ideal city?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    no THANK YOU!! make it more rural are we can talk.. I hate being so close to my neighbors and not having nature.
    But that's a pretty cool city to live near. You can live in the rural outskirts and drive into the city for Friday or Saturday nights!