Deleted

Proving Grounds: Silver Tank as Holy

Anyone out there who done it? Working on it and I'm stuck at 7/8 with no mana left.
    Tried almost everything. Switched my gear to max mana-reg etc.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Silver shouldn't even be a challenge.
    I did it as well as gold in a mismatch of random gear.

Any reason you want to do tank? Much easier to do silver DPS as holy/disc if you're just after the achieve..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I'm talking about TANK-Mode as Holy. Are you sure that we are on the same page? (:

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Any reason you want to do tank? Much easier to do silver DPS as holy/disc if you're just after the achieve..
    I got Gold DPS as Holy and working on Endless. That's why I'm doing Tank right now. Did the Tank-Silver as Resto-Druid which was fun.
    Now I'm trying to do the same with my Holy Priest.

That's why I'm asking (:

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Maybe instead of saying something like "its easy!" we can try and help with some tips.
    I can't remember Silver all that well, I one shotted it back then but I suppose its the same mechanics as Gold/Endless with lower damage? For Holy, go Serenity exclusively. Proving Grounds is the one time I took Solace, macro'd it, and used it on cd. It helps dpsing the mobs faster, it heals low health target and gives you mana back. Mana should not be an issue on silver assuming you use Solace/Mindbenber on cd and have about 8k Spirit. Keep Renew on the tank and refresh it with HW:Serenity. Use Heal when you got time and the damage isn't too big, its effecient. Don't bother taking Cascade for Renew refreshing, you'll barely need it. Divine Star is burst healing on demand with a short cd. I can't remember if there are chomps on Silver, if there are, glyph PoM and pop it tank, and ditch DI for ToF...ToF is an excellent talent for PG, it has very high uptime and gives you the needed extra throughput to get Endless done as holy.
    Time DH for the damage burst waves and if also use your Lightwell as a cd (it is simply amazing in PG, perhaps even more effective than hymn).

If the tank gets low and has chomp, quickly get yourself to full health and void shift to get rid of the debuff. If your void shift is on cd, GS the tank and start spamming him. You CAN use some FH/BH (which also give you serendipity stacks) but not too many of them, as you will run OoM. Don't be afraid to use PoH even on Serenity when you need it.

Also remember that PG for healers is very RNG-prone, so there's a lot of luck involved - good luck
    Last edited by Blachshma; 2013-12-18 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    What are you talking about? There is no tank in tank mode, you are. The NPC is a Healer and Damage Dealer in one person.
    The question is about TANK ( T - A - N - K) Mode -> Proving Yourself: Silver Tank!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you guys are NOT reading. At all. He is not doing the heal mode, he is doing the tank mode. Its rough to do, I think all I've done is bronze. I would imagine its possible, but you need to be on top of everything at all times.

Clickable lightwell and inner will/inner fire major glyphs I imagine, Divine star and PI, maybe Angelic Bulwark instead of DP. I honestly would have to go back and try it.

Curious as to how you got Gold on the DPS challenge though. I remember having a problem interrupting spell casts, since if IRC Chastise just delayed the cast and fear was not super reliable.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Yea you guys are NOT reading. At all. He is not doing the heal mode, he is doing the tank mode. Its rough to do, I think all I've done is bronze. I would imagine its possible, but you need to be on top of everything at all times.

Clickable lightwell and inner will/inner fire major glyphs I imagine, Divine star and PI, maybe Angelic Bulwark instead of DP. I honestly would have to go back and try it.

Curious as to how you got Gold on the DPS challenge though. I remember having a problem interrupting spell casts, since if IRC Chastise just delayed the cast and fear was not super reliable.
    Ya that interrupt is a disaster. Tried dps as disc, Was able to do enough damage to get him to focus one of the small mobs with his heal and then burned him down but not in enough time to kill the rest of the mobs before the timer, Would probably be do-able in holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Fear works like a charm and as a backup i had my blood elf silence.

~my~ WoW 5.4 - Proving Yourself: Gold Damage (as Holy Priest)
    /watch?v=tRPg940yJGI&feature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by MyPerfection View Post
    What are you talking about? There is no tank in tank mode, you are. The NPC is a Healer and Damage Dealer in one person.
    The question is about TANK ( T - A - N - K) Mode -> Proving Yourself: Silver Tank!

My bad, missed tha tank part. Never tried it on my priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPerfection View Post
    Anyone out there who done it? Working on it and I'm stuck at 7/8 with no mana left.
    Tried almost everything. Switched my gear to max mana-reg etc.

Any tips would be appreciated.
    Let me take a guess, you aren't actually holding aggro. You are letting the NPC tank and try to heal him?

Have you tried void tendrils or psyfiend. These are quite good for slowing the damage down. Especially psyfiend can easily take one or two mobs out of the fight until you are ready to kill them if timed correctly.