Deleted

Need For Speed Rivals: to buy or not to buy? [PC]

Hey MMO Champions!
    I really thought alot about getting NFS Rivals for PC since i have a place where i can get it pretty cheap.
    Any experiences? Would you buy it? Do you recommend it? What are you thinking about the game?
    Im really curious about how other people feel about it and i will decide soon if i buy it or not,so how is it?
    cheers,
    ZarG

if you like the need for speed serie sure. but there remember that its a arcade/non realistic racing game.
    if you like going full speed and then handbreak in the corners sure go ahead and buy it. but remember that it is locked at 30fps.
    or your car will go way to fast for the game and become unplayable.

Deleted
    This need for speed is fun again ( as the racer part cop is boring) , i disliked every NFS after the 1st mosth wanted but i really liked this one . Also got it for pc cause you can get it easy for 20 $ , deffinitly buy if you want a good race game again!

Take a look at this video before you buy it =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM

10+ Year Old Account
    On PC, not yet. Maybe once(if ever) they fix the menus and remove the 30fps cap without having fps play a direct role in game speed.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I hope you have a game pad if you're getting it on PC. Well I cant stand racing games without 360 degree movement sitcks anyway. FIFA would have to be the worst though, you can only run in 8 directions.

30 FPS kinda sucks. No point having a good PC but being locked into slow console mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's no in depth customization like Underground and it's successor, I won't be getting it. Don't get me wrong, sports cars are nice and all but it really gets old when every other racing game has the same shit.

Avoid like the plague.

It's a horrible horrible port. You shouldn't be giving money the to morons who were responsible.

Herp derp locked 30 FPS. Oh and if you try to unlock it, the game will speed up to ridiculous speeds and it will be impossible to play it.

If you have a console, get it on that.

Deleted
    For all the people that say this game is locked at 30fps are wrong. By default yes, the game is capped at 30fps, but adding

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60
    To the run command of the game will unlock it to 60fps. Change both numbers for whatever FPS you want. Few things to note. If you can not run the game at a constant 60fps, the game will go into slow motion mode at 58fps, just as it did if you got 28fps when capped at 30fps. That said, even unlocked to 60fps, the game doesn't feel much different tbh.

That command above DOES NOT make the game run at twice the speed, the video TB put out was only using the "MaxSimFPS" which made the game run twice as fast, the ForceSimRate fixes the issues and runs normally at 60fps.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Avoid like the plague.

It's a horrible horrible port. You shouldn't be giving money the to morons who were responsible.

Herp derp locked 30 FPS. Oh and if you try to unlock it, the game will speed up to ridiculous speeds and it will be impossible to play it.

If you have a console, get it on that.
    Its also locked @ 30 fps on consoles -_- have u even played it? Or you just watched it on youtube? After 3-5 mins of playing it 30 fps is not even noticable, it will only feel slow if you have a 60 fps comparison, side by side. IMO 30 fps adds a cinematic feel/effect.