Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's your biggest regret?

As stated in the title what is your biggest regret right now? It could be something like not choosing the soup of the day and having a salad instead, or something serious. So, what's currently bothering you?

Not going to Ireland when I was living in London.

Deleted
    Not studying history at university.

I will once I've retired though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making an MMOC account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

My only regret...is that I have... boneitis...

But my real regret is buying another new car when I knew damn well I would get more value out of a newer used car.

not taking gen ed classes at a cheaper community college

10+ Year Old Account
    Befriending some girls I realize I liked all along. HUR HUR DERP
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

giveing my grandma 250 dollar to save up for me to this day she swears she didnt lose it and someone took it sure im sure it was her!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not taking an interview that could have given me the best job I'd ever get chance to get. Oh well, shit happens

The day I cheated on my girlfriend.. We could be married right now and have kids..All gone by a single wrong decision taken... Thought she d never know about it.. Well, she did... She was and still is the love of my life...I could be kissing her every morning after I wake up, instead I am now pushing power button of my pc...
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

Deleted
    Nothing

#YOLO

But honestly i don't really have any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Not studying history at university.

I will once I've retired though.
    Pretty sure if you did do this, it would be your biggest regret.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsXolo View Post
    Pretty sure if you did do this, it would be your biggest regret.
    Why? I study history as a hobby, I'd just like more structure to it.

I don't need money, so it's no big deal. Not like I'm doing it for a career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    My only regret...is that I have... boneitis...
    You get brownie points in my book for that reference.

For me, not getting my Net+/A+/Security+ Certs. While I'm certainly not knowledgeable to pass the exams, with some study, I could be. Plus, that's a career path that I'd be pretty okay with, and I knew a guy that literally told me that he would set me up to get a job if I managed to get my certs. Unfortunately, I decided to slack off, and I decided to go to a community college instead. I suppose it's not all bad, my path isn't really worse than if I got my certs.

Most recently, my greatest regret is not going absolutely berserk (verbally!) on my (previous) best friend's boyfriend. It might have knocked some sense into both of them. Oh well, I suppose it could have ended pretty badly as well.

For today, my biggest regret is eating a chocolate mint candy before eating string cheese. The cheese would have tasted so much better if I ate the chocolate mint after the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Bercey View Post
    The day I cheated on my girlfriend.. We could be married right now and have kids..All gone by a single wrong decision taken... Thought she d never know about it.. Well, she did... She was and still is the love of my life...I could be kissing her every morning after I wake up, instead I am now pushing power button of my pc...
    Well, if she never accepted your apology (I assume you apologized) and never forgave, maybe the relationship just "wasn't meant to be". As in, you might be better off without her, as much as you think you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting a topic asking a deep philosophical question, and not posting my own answer to it... like the OP.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    Posting a topic asking a deep philosophical question, and not posting my own answer to it... like the OP.
    My biggest regret is being a serial quitter. I start up many projects and never finish any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I regret that I didn't have the courage to move out at 14-16, around that age. So I could go to the school I wanted. Instead I ended up moving with my family, again and again. And didn't get to study what I wanted (chemistry).

Would have been much further along in my studies and career if I did, a huge opportunity wasted.

I also regret not going on spring holiday to my grandparents in 2006, not long after my grandfather died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to art school. X.x ugh.

Deleted
    Letting my ex walk out of the door, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Well, if she never accepted your apology (I assume you apologized) and never forgave, maybe the relationship just "wasn't meant to be". As in, you might be better off without her, as much as you think you aren't.
    You don't forgive to someone who cheats. Never. They get away with it and do it again. It's a rule of thumb. Everything has exceptions, yes, and there are a few people out there who would forgive and the people who are forgiven never waver again, but they're very few, so it's best to save yourself from further heartache.

My biggest regret? Fixing the relationship between my ex and her mother. It allowed her to come between us, so instead of being married and having kids... yeah.