Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    you know... with college this semester, i wasnt able to play WoW like i was in the past. so i dropped my sub, and went back to RS back in early october... and ive gotta say, they changes were like holy hell different... but i dont mind then at all, and it was actually fun to get back into the game a played 9-10 years ago.
    It's decent if you give it a chance. I feel like the movement should be more fluid though, like Diablo 3. No stupid square grid.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Every time I get the arge to play again I log in and look at the new UI and log out. I kinda hated the combat skills but got use to them and though they was ok and then they released this new UI setup and I just hate it.

I wish they would go back to the old setup before this UI change if so I would return.

To me the new guy running the show is just running runescape into the dirt there is many B2p and F2p MMO's that I would play before it.

But runescape will always have a place in my heart since it was my first MMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Every time I get the arge to play again I log in and look at the new UI and log out. I kinda hated the combat skills but got use to them and though they was ok and then they released this new UI setup and I just hate it.

I wish they would go back to the old setup before this UI change if so I would return.

To me the new guy running the show is just running runescape into the dirt there is many B2p and F2p MMO's that I would play before it.

But runescape will always have a place in my heart since it was my first MMO.
    Opposite for me, the old UI made me quit after I returned a few years ago. It was really awful. The new one is extremely flexible but I quit for other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Opposite for me, the old UI made me quit after I returned a few years ago. It was really awful. The new one is extremely flexible but I quit for other reasons.
    I just really don't like how they are trying to make it feel like other MMO's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its a game I grew out of, but it was fun during its time. I go back every now & then for a week or so. But thats about it.

Stopped playing back in 2007, checked it out a couple of times to see how it was doing. Last time i checked it out was when they added dungeoneering, makes no bloody sense to me as a skill. Had some fond memories for my first Committed 'MMO' character. 99 Magic/99 Ranged/99 Construction. An epic house dungeon built by me. Getting the Fire cape, Completing annoying quests like desert treasure and legends quest ect lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthodax View Post
    Stopped playing back in 2007, checked it out a couple of times to see how it was doing. Last time i checked it out was when they added dungeoneering, makes no bloody sense to me as a skill. Had some fond memories for my first Committed 'MMO' character. 99 Magic/99 Ranged/99 Construction. An epic house dungeon built by me. Getting the Fire cape, Completing annoying quests like desert treasure and legends quest ect lol
    They released a 2007 version of RS as well after they updated RS to RS3. Gotta say that RS3 sucks donkeyballs because it feels and nowadays looks like a cheaper version of WoW, which is what made RS unique to me; it being unique in itself.

I tried RS07, but I just can't keep myself to playing it. I usually subscribe during the holidays because of the events, which JaGeX does extremely well IMO, but seeing as RS07's events are pretty boring..

So what is the go-to rpg these days, besides WoW.

Thats an extremely hard answer to come up with let alone in the wrong thread.

The game you'd want could be totally different than what the "go-to" rpg is.

Try to be more specific.

Putting ability bars in runescape was just wrong. Made me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I played it back in High School during computer classes, just pretty much made armor and mined all day lol. Havent played in well over 12 years though
    So you played for the 1st year then quit? Because it was very new when i was 12 and im now 24... Because if i remember rightly it was made then
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Runescape is one of those games I keep returning to time after time. There's something very charming in it's sandboxy elements that is well tied with some of the best quest designs in any MMO I've seen.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I played it like 8 years ago, quit after 3 years of playing it non stop. I went back to it for like a week recently, but it was not the same as it was before. Yes, there still is 50k+ playing this game whenever I check the website.