[Healers and PvP] - We are so BAD currently, from a Priest point of view

Hello guys,

After playing 6 seasons with my priest, and can now say we are at the worst spot ever! I simply CANNOT survive a melee on my for more than a few seconds anymore, the heals are worthless with all the battle fatigue crap and I am seriously stressed about this.
    Is this something with me? or the class itself, or the role in general?

As a priest, if a melee comes to me, its certain death, on 3's mainly, when DK's and Warriors are on every single team, its just so sad.

Are you experiencing the same? I play Discipline currently, tried holy for a few days and as shadow I am focused and exploded.

But.. I am a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest are represented well in the 3s ladder. But you are playing disc... Play the right spec. Holy is fine. Maybe even the second best healer, after op restodruid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Priest are fine right now, hell they might even be too strong in certain circumstances.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I love my Priest. I feel like I can live forever at the moment, the healing is really strong and all instant cast as Holy. Did a game as Disc by accident and it seemed okay too, not nearly as good, but still pretty strong. I'd say Priests are in a really good spot.

Priests seem really strong. At least stronger then resto shaman or hpala. Rdruid is another story.

What i experience lately when im in 3s and the oponent Team has a rshaman my m8s tend to go for him and just blow him up. Same with Hpala. But they never go for a priest. Except he is shadow, then he basicly dies already with the first foot in the Arena.

When yo get blown up from warriors ist not your fault. Its just the way warriors are atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Priests seem really strong. At least stronger then resto shaman or hpala. Rdruid is another story.
    Hpriest is not stronger then rshaman. But they are still really good:

Hard to switch on cause of 30% dmg reduction, invisible turbo aoe fear and dispell block/divine shield. But they have pretty weak heals and mana reg.

Resto shamans have awesome utility tremor, grounding, slows, freedom, range interuppt and really good heals. But they get killed really easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests are fine in 2s, in 3s they are shit

Disc is definitely not ok. Disc has no real offensive capability anymore. We gained some utility but lost our offensive teeth. Atonement, train of thought, and evangelism are a joke. Holy fire and smite hit for next to nothing and good luck casting smite anyway. We only have one dot in shadow word pain that also hits for nothing. Shadow word death really isnt that strong either for disc. Penance doesnt hit for much either. Disc has no teeth. Disc doesnt have nearly as many instant healz as holy so you have to actually cast a lot more. Its not like we have a spell like chakara where we can go defensive or offensive whenever we want like holy. Disc is stuck with subpar offense the whole time. Disc definitely needs a serious reworking.
    Last edited by Drenan; 2013-12-20 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Priests are fine in 2s, in 3s they are shit
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-0.html

Priests are the most common healer in 1800+ 3v3. You're factually wrong.

you might be playing disc.
    go holy. it is overall easier to play and much more affective.

There you go, according to that link above disc is the least represented healer above 1800. Been playing disc since I made my priest but it looks like I will have to roll the fotm spec to get any results.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenan View Post
    There you go, according to that link above disc is the least represented healer above 1800. Been playing disc since I made my priest but it looks like I will have to roll the fotm spec to get any results.
    Just because one spec is doing better than another doesn't make it 'fotm'. Historically disc has always been a prime healer, and almost always better than holy. How do you think every holy priest has felt when they wanted to pvp? You should be happy that you can simply adapt by changing specs and not feel the necessity to roll a completely different class, like your shadow priest bretheren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-3-0-0.html

Priests are the most common healer in 1800+ 3v3. You're factually wrong.
    Most common at low ratings (1800) and 3rd in representation over 2.2k. Seeing how priests are the most common healing class overall, your link just supports my argument that priests are shit.

Deleted
    booh hoo, for once priests aren't OP as shit and everyone complains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    booh hoo, for once priests aren't OP as shit and everyone complains.
    Priests have rarely ever been OP. Every class has at least 1 viable spec in pvp except priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests have rarely ever been OP. Every class has at least 1 viable spec in pvp except priests.
    Holy is 100% viable. I am fighting RMPs or Priest BeastCleaves more often the any other healer setup not using a resto druid.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Most common at low ratings (1800) and 3rd in representation over 2.2k. Seeing how priests are the most common healing class overall, your link just supports my argument that priests are shit.
    I'm doubting that the 2.2k+ metric applies to you if you're struggling with a priest this season.