Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    at first i thought it was going to work but now with the new info on it. i think its going to fail and sadly i kind of hope it does.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Assault on Agrus.
    #Tracerisawesomelycute

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    at first i thought it was going to work but now with the new info on it. i think its going to fail and sadly i kind of hope it does.
    What's the new info?
    blah, new sig... something something

Really not convinced by the casting at all but I'll wait for the trailer at least before I write it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    It probably will be... But we'll all go see it, so in the end, they still make boat tons of money.
    see it at the movies? most people that play WoW are probably have other sources to view it without spending any money.

good thing is I think most people (judging on the posts) probably have low expectations considering the history of fantasy movies outside of the Lord of the Rings. I'm not expecting much.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    worse than dungeons and dragons? doubtful.
    But that movie is so awesomely bad. Jeremy Irons is just priceless xD
    Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash

I have low expectations. But then I also have lower hopes - so it may all work out.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    It will be Ok at worst

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    What's the new info?
    supposedly its now about arthas instead of the 1st war because it might be too similar to lord of the rings. unsure if its true.

if its about the 1st war with lothar and durotan. i want it to be good.
    if it becomes about arthas i want it to fail badly.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Assault on Agrus.
    #Tracerisawesomelycute

The director said it was gonna be as good as lord of the rings . So hoping they take the time and do it right.

supposedly its now about arthas instead of the 1st war because it might be too similar to lord of the rings. unsure if its true.

I seem to recall the Arthas thing being a rumor before the first war information was released.

Also, I'm looking forward to it, if not for just Clancy Brown being in it. If he gets to behave anything like he did in Highlander, then I can see him being an excellent orc (his role is not confirmed yet).

To me it sounds better every time they come out with new news about it. I'm just hoping they bring in a solid A-list actor, not necessarily because it's needed to be a good movie, but because it'll be a lot more commercially successful. And I still have faith they will, I'm thinking it probably takes longer to secure a contract with one of them and that's why none have been announced yet. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'll like it no matter what. It's kinda like when a movie come out for a book you like and you don't give a shit how bad it is you just want to experience it visually, although I guess that doesn't exactly apply the same way for a video game.

Hopefully that's just people grabbing old news and thinking it's new news.
    blah, new sig... something something

They wouldn't have "announced" it at Blizzcon and showed concept art if it wasn't already decided.

In terms of success, we shall see but its entirely plausible that it will be a let down.
    Typically, the universe is as epic as it is because its expansive. There is no where you can't travel or read about, and very little left to the imagination. In a film, this will be 99 percent of the universe. We will only get to see exactly what they want us to see, so if its not handled properly it could really feel strange, especially to those who have played the game.

Examine this first:
    Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Z, Street Fighter.

Renowned series and concepts that operate extremely well in the median their universe typically exists in.
    As a film, broad examples encompassed by mediocrity or worse.

Then again we can examine:
    Batman, Ironman, Lord of the Rings.

Even grander in scope than former, but what we love about the universe is the same.
    As films, arguably more successful than their other formats.

Now, what is the difference here?
    I can't say for sure, but I would imagine the money put into the project and connection the cast and crew have with the locations and actions are what make the film good or bad.

Overall, I believe it will result in a move like Troy.
    The film combined a lot of big names, and a large budget to make a very well made film, but nothing people look back at as a major milestone in film.
    Films like the Batman series or the LOTR series are regarded in this light, but what sets them apart?

Only time will tell, but either way I will be seeing the film, if only because I have spent so much time in the universe its also sharing.

The Patient
    Duncan Jones + Legendary Pictures = yes please

now we just need nic cage as medivh

Moon was awesome so I have hopes for this based on the director alone.

I just hope they keep the WoW storytellers as far away as possible. I know they have to write with game mechanics in mind and might still be good if not held down by that but the whole having to cater to game mechanics has really hurt warcraft storytelling.

Brewmaster
    I currently have no reason to believe it will be good or will be bad, I am completely in different toward it. The thing is we know the lore has the potential for a great film, but that's about it. It could be good but this is the film that would not surprise me if it was 10 out of 10 or 2 out of 10 I think it would go either way.

I will say the director seems good

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    All of those were low budget B movies
    Super Mario Bros. cost $48M to make in 1993. Adjusted for inflation, that's close to what they're budgeting for the Warcraft movie.

with B movie talent
    Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper are B movie actors?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    It is completely impossible that the Warcraft movie will suck.
    +1 here. Blizzard movies are too bad ass. Impossible to suck.

Well hello there 4 years ago. I agree with Genn, at worst it will be OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Super Mario Bros. cost $48M to make in 1993. Adjusted for inflation, that's close to what they're budgeting for the Warcraft movie.

Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper are B movie actors?
    Super Mario is one of several exceptions to the rule budget wise, but an exception does not make a norm. And it's obvious nobody had any fucking passion in the project, the source material, or the canon there who was making final decisions, (the history of the production is infamous) and nobody in the days before the Lord of the Rings and the newest generation of comic book movies ever gave a fuck about honoring the source material or the fans in that day and age. This is practically more than just a different century, it's a different era of filmmaking altogether. This is like using the original Fantastic Four or Captain America movie from the 80s to claim any movie based on a comic book today is going to be terrible, or the Incredible Hulk or Wonder Woman TV series from the early 80s.

If that's what you want to use as an example to base your cynicism on, be my guest. But you're just revealing what a low standard of evidence you're satisfied with and it's kind of sad to see people using such spurious analogies when there are better reasons with actual plausible legitimacy to be worried about this movie working out.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-12-24 at 03:11 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW