Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any Tips for BrM on Garrosh 10 Normal? Late P2/P3 specifically

Hi, we're progressing on Garrosh at the moment and every wipe is around the 20-30% wipe in P2 after the 2nd transition and dealing with the empowered.

Our tactics from pull are place first weapon on the throne then move to opposite wall and alternate weapon positions between markers there.

We carry this tactic through to 2nd transition in P2. After this we split the groups up to stack on each seperate marker, move into tank for MC interupt (same as start of P2) and for empowered spread around @ designated side. This is where all hell breaks loose and some clarification/tips would be handy. DPS isn't really an issue, but logs are here for anybody who likes to analyse or see's anything glaringly obvious (I'm not the best at reading them!)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/296776/

Anyway, i wondered, would it be best to just drag the boss 30-40 yards away from raid to minimize the damage to them and pop Diffuse Magic/Zen Med/Fort Brew + Guard on each whirling until I have to kite adds in P3? I try to do this anyway but just wondered how others dealt with it.
    Also, how on earth when you're dragging the boss away and keeping yourself alive with self heals, do you not get agro from the adds?! I constantly have 3+ run to me instantly. I'm not sure if DPS are able to get threat before me or not but I'm not doing anything to try and actively gain threat on them.

Any advice from anyone who has tactics to simplify dealing with adds would be brilliant, MC's and dealing with weapons seems ok. Our best attempt so far is 11% P3 but we were carried by a PuG Mage (and this week a PuG Shaman - Kaivana).

As you can see from Logs we kind of faceroll through the other bosses due to our item level - but we're stuck on a shitty realm and maintaining an active roster with people consistently turning up makes it even harder to have the same 10 turn up each week.

It's worth noting on one of the attempts our healer got DC (think the 3rd) so that doesn't provide much xD

P.S I love Dark Shamans + Xuen
    Last edited by jijuiji; 2013-12-20 at 10:08 AM.

Don't move him during whirlwinds, have the raid move if they can't survive.

Your self heals are pulling the adds onto you. If you Expel Harm while they're out that could hit you for 350k. Tanks have a x5 modifier on threat and each point of heal is worth 0.5 points of threat your dps have to do just under a million damage straight away to get aggro.

Don't drag the boss during whirles. Get the raid spread out during empowered and each member just face tank one (just like on Animus). If you have chars with taunt (like mistweavers/WW for ex) they can taunt the add to them and then help others kill them. Tell all your raiders to switch to "their" adds as soon as they spawn to get their attention.
    Diffuse Magic completely nullifies dmg from whirlings. + RookOn other I just use Guard s AoE reduction trinket. Never had any problems. Don't run away from your healers and you will be fine, and won't require crazy selfheals. Use raid CDs during empowered whirlies, you could use a pally tbh, otherwise your shammy should have enough CDs (spirit link totem etc), warriors shout etc. :?
    Before empowered corruption pool 3x chi and touch of death the add that spawns near you. Then if you see some loose - charge them for stun>Keg Smash - should be 50% HP :P

Our first kill with Brm PoV, with ventrillo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGzmp...utu.be&t=3m21s

On any subsequent (since we usually don't have the best comp anymore, trying to get as many people through the fight as possible) kill I just kite the adds in p3, here we completely ignored them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Have ppl stun and taunt thir adds. Most classes have something to keep them on you and u dont realy need them for anythin else in p2-3
    And its ok for younto have a bunch of adds on you . The dont hurt. Just make sure ppl dont kill them but instead once they have killed theirs theybtaunt them of you (or grip. Or when ot takes boss u drag them out and stun them 1 by 1)

Is there a set number of adds that always spawn?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Don't drag the boss during whirles. Get the raid spread out during empowered and each member just face tank one (just like on Animus). If you have chars with taunt (like mistweavers/WW for ex) they can taunt the add to them and then help others kill them. Tell all your raiders to switch to "their" adds as soon as they spawn to get their attention.
    Diffuse Magic completely nullifies dmg from whirlings. + RookOn other I just use Guard s AoE reduction trinket. Never had any problems. Don't run away from your healers and you will be fine, and won't require crazy selfheals. Use raid CDs during empowered whirlies, you could use a pally tbh, otherwise your shammy should have enough CDs (spirit link totem etc), warriors shout etc. :?
    Before empowered corruption pool 3x chi and touch of death the add that spawns near you. Then if you see some loose - charge them for stun>Keg Smash - should be 50% HP :P

Our first kill with Brm PoV, with ventrillo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGzmp...utu.be&t=3m21s

On any subsequent (since we usually don't have the best comp anymore, trying to get as many people through the fight as possible) kill I just kite the adds in p3, here we completely ignored them.
    Thanks for the detailed info and vid, will make sure to check it out when I'm not at work

Deleted
    Also, be liberal with your stuns. If you have 3 of them ontop of you, sometimes you have to heal yourself regardless of where you are or not and it happens, aoe stun them all, move the boss away. Unless your dps are just...not doing their jobs, by the time the 5 seconds is up they should have aggro. If they don't. Clash them. That's another 2 seconds. If that doesn't get them off you. Well...that's probably time for fortifying brew then, and just hammer into them. It's important not to have RJW going if you have that talent as well. Popping Xuen on an empowered helps a fair amount too. Don't underestimate the utility of disable as well. Dropping disable on teh one getting nuked and moving away will seperate them so they don't assplode into each over.

Quote Originally Posted by djones0823 View Post
    Also, be liberal with your stuns. If you have 3 of them ontop of you, sometimes you have to heal yourself regardless of where you are or not and it happens, aoe stun them all, move the boss away. Unless your dps are just...not doing their jobs, by the time the 5 seconds is up they should have aggro. If they don't. Clash them. That's another 2 seconds. If that doesn't get them off you. Well...that's probably time for fortifying brew then, and just hammer into them. It's important not to have RJW going if you have that talent as well. Popping Xuen on an empowered helps a fair amount too. Don't underestimate the utility of disable as well. Dropping disable on teh one getting nuked and moving away will seperate them so they don't assplode into each over.
    I take Ring of Peace to carry us for MC interrupts so only really have clash as AoE stun.

It's annoying because we will/should always have 1x Mage/1x DK/1x Warlock/1x Shaman who can all easily Root/Stun/Grip there add.

Deleted
    Oh, another small tip is to soak up annihilates to help push the damage. Coming out of P2/3 with 400k+ vengence is a big boost. Xuen also helps here.

I prefer to use Diffuse magic and zen med in combination to soak 5 annihilate, puts me at about 430k vengence.

Depending on what your other tank is Id recommend just kiting adds especially as low as the boss is going into Empower P2. My guild kited adds when we could only get the boss to about 50% before Empower Whirl. I would just kite adds huge DPS gain on the boss and generally less to deal with. Warriors have a great toolkit for dealing with the debuff with shield barrier. He may need an external and I would actually recommend that possibly even have your shaman drop the spirit link on the tank or save it and stack under the boss as he is about to explode 12 stacks of the debuff with a SLT.

Surviving whirls is a healer job, surviving the adds afterwards is everyones exept the healers job
    As brm u will always have diffus or meditation ready for these. Any melee that dosent have any defens cds shouldnt be in close range

Im pugging garrosh on My monk alt and the common pug tactic is to spread after the whirl has started rather than before. U seem to go with 2 shaman healers so standing in healing rain as much as possible is important. As a healer u need to save healing cds for this, using 1 healing tide i dont think it can be too hard to survive it tbh

Ive never really used the stack at tank for mc tact, it is usualy fine. Still the Melee can always run out to help

In P3 i usualy just throw kegs at the adds, noone is attacking them so its not hard to get aggro, the kegs slow them aswell And as long as none of em are killed its not hard to survive, stuns works btw.

In a pug were its killable there is usualy only 2 empowered in p2 and 1 in P3. Going into P3 always happens before the last realm should appear

Edit: to help healers on whirl dmg u can always use avert harm in combo with diffuse or medi
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2013-12-20 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks all for advice, a couple of things @scooterPerp you'd recommend kiting adds from the bat in P2? Usually Garrosh is around 30% when first empowered hits so I'm guessing our DPS could burn him before a 2nd one in this phase? Would imagine the warrior stacks would become incredibly high though no? Unless he AoE taunts adds and we switch at some point.... before the next whirl in P3.

Soaking annihilate, I'm yet to run xuen on Garrosh so nice tip will have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    I take Ring of Peace to carry us for MC interrupts so only really have clash as AoE stun.

It's annoying because we will/should always have 1x Mage/1x DK/1x Warlock/1x Shaman who can all easily Root/Stun/Grip there add.
    man, i dindt think about RoP for the MC interrupts... was uisng the stun for for other things...

also, i found that with a well placed cool down, i could easily tank and kill 3 of the adds by my self. adds seemed to be the least of our problems, more so the MCs when people spread out for the adds than any thing.

Quote Originally Posted by brok3nh3lix View Post
    man, i dindt think about RoP for the MC interrupts... was uisng the stun for for other things...

also, i found that with a well placed cool down, i could easily tank and kill 3 of the adds by my self. adds seemed to be the least of our problems, more so the MCs when people spread out for the adds than any thing.
    Hehe will perhaps you can try get your raid to stack in melee then you just throw out a ring of peace (comes off cooldown @ every MC phase) and job done

as stated above, if you have too many adds on you, there is nothing stopping you from telling your other tank to taunt the boss and pop a CD to stay alive, and you just running and kiting them until they can be killed. theres no reason to just stand there a take a beating, use your abilities. but, also, kiting the entire p3 is an option. tank the boss up until the first whirl (so your ot has clean stacks), then right after the whirl just throw kegs everywhere and start running, and roll external cds on the boss tank until the boss dies. thats how we got our first kill, brm monk (me) and prot warr just taking the boss in the face for most of p3.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    as stated above, if you have too many adds on you, there is nothing stopping you from telling your other tank to taunt the boss and pop a CD to stay alive, and you just running and kiting them until they can be killed. theres no reason to just stand there a take a beating, use your abilities. but, also, kiting the entire p3 is an option. tank the boss up until the first whirl (so your ot has clean stacks), then right after the whirl just throw kegs everywhere and start running, and roll external cds on the boss tank until the boss dies. thats how we got our first kill, brm monk (me) and prot warr just taking the boss in the face for most of p3.
    Thanks, I should of made it more obvious. I'm not having any issues with surviving I'm just trying to make it easier for the raid group as I'm the leader as well and the dps struggle to kill their own add it seems. Will definitely take onboard all of the above advice for sundays raid tho! Almost all of our raid is 560 + so with bloodlust P3 should be really short if i just kite the adds.

Why do you need to kite the adds. Stop taking 25m Heroic strats and applying them to 10m Normal fights. Just have DPS ignore them and everyone stay on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Why do you need to kite the adds. Stop taking 25m Heroic strats and applying them to 10m Normal fights. Just have DPS ignore them and everyone stay on the boss.
    Your joking right? Do you know the fight at all? You will get 2 empowered whirlings minimum most likely more unless your DPS is very good. Thats 2 adds hitting everyone in your raid assuming they can get aggro and dont drop it so thats already sustained melee damage not to mention they WILL be cleaved down and they will get empowered and then they will hit harder and everyone in the raid will be taking a ton of melee damage.

Bottom line, you either kill adds or you kite adds no other way to handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7sDhl6iHI

Our very first Garrosh kill.... 6 empowered whirls, no strat, everyone under 550 ilvl. Fight is 100% execution mechanics, be it complete chaos like our kill or having working timers / knowing order and w/e else. Killed him the first time we got to P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7sDhl6iHI

Our very first Garrosh kill.... 6 empowered whirls, no strat, everyone under 550 ilvl. Fight is 100% execution mechanics, be it complete chaos like our kill or having working timers / knowing order and w/e else. Killed him the first time we got to P3.
    Woah, that video gives me hope We do it all fairly smoothly except the adds haha. Think we're gonna go with Demo's vid tactics and ignore weps. Our DPS should be able to just bruteforce it easily enough to only deal with 1-2 emp whirls :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Woah, that video gives me hope We do it all fairly smoothly except the adds haha. Think we're gonna go with Demo's vid tactics and ignore weps. Our DPS should be able to just bruteforce it easily enough to only deal with 1-2 emp whirls :P
    Not meaning any disrespect to Toxiel or yourself but if you're still progressing on Garrosh normal (as I am, which is why I'm here); I wouldn't expect your raid to perform as well as a raid of people who have killed Heroic Garrosh 3 weeks ago. We're onto 90 wipes now or so; have tried a lot of different approaches but empowered whirling corruption is still the biggest turd in the punch bowl. We had 2 nights before we stopped raiding for christmas and we had to lose one due to christmas commitments; and on the second night we had 2 or 3 attempts into phase 3; so we're SO CLOSE. So keep at it And best of luck But yeah; work with the team you have; there are now many different suggestions out there for methods to deal with EWC; you'll just have to find the one that suits your raids capabilities best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.