10+ Year Old Account

dayz standalone terrible frames per second and disconnects

first of all, after 1.5 year i thought that when this game gets released in standalone it wont be as bad as the mod. but it is as bad as mod in terms of optimalisation eventhough i have overkill PC rig for this game.

second thing is that i get disconnected very very often for no reason. i get no response for 90 sec then dc.

this is my rig

cpu: i5 3470

gpu: asus gtx 660

ram: 8gb

Man, how can they release a fully finished game like that, its almost as if its the game isn't finished yet or something...

"It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle."

Sorry but come on read the damn description before you put money down on game.

"Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play"

There is such thing as been a responsible consumer as well and if you take massive assumptions on a game then it's your fault if you get burned. Also if this standalone if been developed from scratch then hell ya it will have far more problems then a mod using already optimised game engine. Sorry nothing that can be done, beta's have problems if you don't want to experience them do as I do and don't go into beta's of most games

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is in a early access/beta stage at the moment and not a polished product ready for full release, i would try to submit these things to the developer instead of posting it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Man, how can they release a fully finished game like that, its almost as if its the game isn't finished yet or something...

"It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle."
    ^ This, Sounds like another person not knowing what early access ALPHA is and thinking its the finish products then cries.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.
    This is the exact text it reads in the description, not in even in the early access part.

This thread should be closed. This guy obviously didn't read and just instantly bought. If you actually followed the dayz stand alone you'd know it was not possible for it to be fully released this soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mieme View Post
    ^ This, Sounds like another person not knowing what early access ALPHA is and thinking its the finish products then cries.
    Well to be fair you can't really blame him with a number of big companies using the word beta so losely when it in reality is nothing but a demo version released to create hype for the game, with latest example being the BF4 that came out less then a month before full release.

Please use the primary thread for DayZ discussion and questions: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ayZ-Standalone