[Ele] Heroic Thok Advice

So my guild is currently progressing on Thok heroic and I'm having trouble dealing with the interrupts in phase 1. I've tried both PE an UF but my damage with both is inconsistent. I read somewhere that he casts the interrupt at 1.5 second intervals, and my lightning bolt is 1.53 second cast time. Anyone have any advice so I can push more damage during this phase?

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xp4yt5hkrl1ogn8x/
    armory link in sig
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Well I'm not ele but the obvious solution is to watch his cast/energy bar and not be casting a spell when he finishes a cast no? When he casts his interrupt isn't consistently the same time either it slowly speeds up over time until maxing after awhile as you probably know. Personally as a fire mage I can pretty much always get a cast off as long as I make sure my GCD isn't on cooldown immediately after a cast of his interrupt. Don't be afraid to just stop casting and wait for the next one if you have to because sometimes there's nothing else you can do. If you really just can't ever cast anything because your casts are too long then I believe stacking a bit more haste would make a lot of sense since doing something is probably better than doing nothing at all but I'm not sure if its really that bad as ele.

Anyways I'm assuming you get instant cast spells and dots and so this should carry over between all classes. Basically what I do is try to line up my instants/dot refreshes/etc to where I'll cast the instant and as my gcd comes off CD he will cast his interrupt leaving me free to toss another cast+instant as often as I can. Whatever you do don't get frustrated and try to force casts because 9 times out of 10 you'll just get yourself interrupted multiple times
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-12-20 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Bind a /stopcasting macro, dont use EB

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Overall I would say its an issue with your overall raid dps as opposed to your personal dps. I get 1 lightning bolt cast between roars, and save my procs to use during roars, but my deeps is still pretty crappy.

Our latest kill which is about the same as your longest attempt:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3263&e=3788

Outside of getting some more haste to make sure you can make those casts between roars, you didn't use AG. If there is a hand of protection available for bats, or if you guys devo that portion of the fight, make sure you pop it then and spam chain lightning.

Other than that, I can't offer much. We pop hero at the beginning, and make sure you keep mortal wounds/widow venom up on thok when he eats the npcs so he heals for less. I saw mortal wounds in the logs, but not widow venom, not sure if it was up when he ate the npc cuz he's crazy fast at that point.

Here's the comparebot #s too:
    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/52b4c...500020f#damage
    Last edited by Rabb; 2013-12-20 at 10:37 PM.

H thok is most likely one of the worst bosses to do as an elemental shaman since about 60-75 % of our dmg is based off of casting spells, and about 95% of the fight is single target. So don't feel to discouraged about your dps its just an awful fight for elementals. But like the above posters said a /stopcasting macro will do wonders for you, and like the first poster said the 1.5 sec intervals is not reliable you're just going to have train your self to hit that macro if see you that you're about to be interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    Outside of getting some more haste to make sure you can make those casts between roars, you didn't use AG. If there is a hand of protection available for bats, or if you guys devo that portion of the fight, make sure you pop it then and spam chain lightning.
    The other Ele in the group got the bop during bats so that's what he did, but there wasn't one available for me as well.

Anyways thanks for the advice guys, I'll try and squeeze in some more haste as well as the stopcasting macro and see how that does.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Deleted
    When the boss is capped with how fast he casts you can fit in 1 full cast. At this point you want to: Cast 1 full cast>insta cast. and repeat.

i've seen eles using CL. dunno if it's better or not. it would be easier to weave in. something to consider.

Ancestral swiftness will help alot if you are actually that close to beating his roar at least for that fight. PE is nice and I would recommend glyphing fire elemental so that the timers match up with when the bats pop out from the start. When we do pull, you should be up with me ready to get some potshots in before he gets moved into position. I open with 3 seconds left on the timer in this order: Prepot, fire ele, immediately cast lighting bolt, spam flameshock after lighting bolt cast, lavaburst, ascendance, lavaburst spam, wait for roar when its about to go off, and get 2 more lavabursts in, then it is just the usual rotation.

Deleted
    The screeches are 1.5 sec appart but dont forget about the casttime. I assume its .5 sec since I manage to squeeze in a 1.9x sec cast between screeches.