Poll: Who Do You Want Cut? (Multi Choice Poll)

Question Which characters from SSB Brawl do you want cut from SSB4?

Sorry, poll restricts to 15 choices, I eliminated everyone whose been confirmed already, plus a few likely vets that may return to get it down to 15.

So maybe there are a few characters you dislike, or maybe there's some you don't feel fit, or some you want out for other reasons.

Let your opinions be heard. lol

Please voice any other opinions regarding characters, like ones you're hopefully will return or maybe characters from melee that you hope stay out that didn't make it into brawl.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-12-21 at 06:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well Mr. G&W, Jigglypuff, Falco, Ice Climbers and Ganondorf arent going anywhere so we can get them out of the way.

Of all of them, the ones i care about least are Wolf and King Dedede so i dont care if they get cut, but based on the returning list so far i doubt they'll cut any.

Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Dedede and Meta Knight are all Nintendo staples and are too important to their franchises to be cut. If anything, these character will likely have quite some focus in development, considering they're all breaking the balance in some way. Diddy Kong has his overpowered tripping banana peels, Ganondorf is the absolute worst character in the game (and could use some moves not shared by a certain Captain), Dedede can infinite chain-grab a lot of characters, and Meta Knight is by far the most overpowered character in the game.

G&W and R.O.B represent important parts of Nintendo's history, something that Masahiro Sakurai values a lot, plus they're very unique in their playstyles, Sakurai's top priority concerning characters, so they're not going anywhere.

Ice Climbers were mentioned as having some problems on the 3DS, but obviously that looks to have been resolved with the introduction of Rosalina & Luma, so they're going to be back too given how unique their playstyle is.

Pokémon Trainer is likely back if only for Charizard, and there's really just no reason to cut him at all, especially when X & Y has put such a strong emphasis on the Kanto starters to the point where they can be considered more important than the 6th Gen starters.

Likewise Lucario is a mandatory part of X & Y and represents the mega evolution mechanic.

Jigglypuff has a perfect attendance rate and is a Fairy-type now, so she has no reason to not be included given that she was included in Brawl just for the fact that she was in 64.

Falco is a fan-favorite character, almost as popular as Marth, so I absolutely don't see him going before Wolf.

Snake is a 3rd party, so if they want to spare time or not put too much pressure in the development they could potentially choose to leave him out. I don't expect him to be cut though, since he has just as much, if not more reason to be included than he had in Brawl. Plus, Sakurai has said that he was very happy with how he turned out, and fans have been too, so he's most likely in.

Ike is part of Fire Emblem, already there he's got a problem since it's a flavor of the week franchise. However, Ike is 100% unique, is the only Lord who to my knowledge has had a direct sequel, and also has roots in the latest installment of Fire Emblem. No one else can quite fill that heavy-swordsman niché as well.

Wolf is the less popular Fox clone, who even as a newcomer was of lowest priority of all characters in Brawl. He's more unique than Falco though, and also more important to Star Fox.

Lucas is a Japan-only semi-clone character from the smallest franchise represented in Smash Bros. However, Sakurai has a big heart for the Mother series.

Overall I think there's a decent chance we won't even see any cuts, but if anyone will get cut I'll guess just Wolf and Lucas. I don't want any cuts though, unlike from the Melee to Brawl transition all the Brawl characters serve a purpose and play very distinct, where as characters like Roy, Young Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario were filler characters by every definition of the word, as even Sakurai has admitted they just were there to beef up the roster.

The only one I'm expecting to return from Melee is Mewtwo, since he's by far the most requested character for these games, is entirely unique, and was planned for Brawl. The Pokémon cast will likely consist of the Brawl cast + Mewtwo.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-12-21 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Ike is part of Fire Emblem, already there he's got a problem since it's a flavor of the week franchise. However, Ike is 100% unique, is the only Lord who to my knowledge has had a direct sequel, and also has roots in the latest installment of Fire Emblem. No one else can quite fill that heavy-swordsman niché as well.
    If Ike gets cut, I think he'll be replaced by Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, since they'd be similiar anyway.
    Wolf is the only one I'd really think to cut if anything.

Marth
    /10 char
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Marth
    /10 char
    Another one that might just get replaced with his Awakening lookalike.
    Although I'd be torn between which one I'd rather get replaced...Ike is awesome for his story, but Marth is more fun in Brawl to me... :x

10+ Year Old Account
    The only characters I hope dont ever return to the series as unique fighters are Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario. I would want them as bonus costumes/changeable forms for Pikachu, Link and Mario, but I dont want them returning as clones.

Actually, I wouldn't mind Young Link to return as a playable character as a way to represent Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, as long as he was given a new fresh list of moves based off those two games. In fact the 3DS version is gonna have a Gerudo Valley stage so I think it would be very fitting to see him make an updated return. I actually would love to see a couple different versions of Link from different games as long as they all play differently with moves based on the games they (as far the the series lore is concerned) starred in.

The only two other characters I dont really care to much for are Lucario and Jigglypuff, mainly because for the most part they are just generic common Pokemon no where in the same league of popularity as Pikachu that I wouldn't mind seeing removed if it meant adding back in Mewtwo or a new legendary Pokemon or Pokemon Trainer like character. I also wouldn't mind them staying if they were somehow added as additional Pokemon that the Pokemon Trainer uses in the next installment, just dont really care for them taking up character slots.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-12-22 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.O.B... although, I think he'll be back anyway.
    "The Xbox one sucks and the PS4 isn't as Ready as my Body" - Reggie Fils-Aime

My Friend Code is 1864 - 9258 - 8679 PM me if you add me so I can add you back!

Im surprised that Mr.G&W isnt on "first place", but i agree with the 3 in lead as well.

maybe switch out Wolf and Falco for Krystal and Slippy?

Really is a shame this will be the first ssb game i wont be playing. Its not enough to warrant the new wii.

Falco and Wolf.

Tell me if the game is any good, I wont be suckered into buying a Wii for a single title like I did with Brawl.

Deleted
    Lucas, Falco, R.O.B and Diddy Kong mainly. Just never liked them much. On that not i feel Wolf was one of my fav chars to use, despite being a lot like Fox. He was a bit different in the way his moveset worked so i'd love for him to come back. Plus dat howl taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    People voting Ice Climbers?! They're the best!

15+ Year Old Account
    I must be the only person who likes Lucas more than Ness :|

i dont overly want anyone to get removed, i want a smash bros with an awesome huge roster

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    snip
    Very well said, can't really disagree with any of those points.
    Although I personally think there will be some cuts made, I don't really have any evidence or anything to support that, but it's a gut feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Another one that might just get replaced with his Awakening lookalike.
    Although I'd be torn between which one I'd rather get replaced...Ike is awesome for his story, but Marth is more fun in Brawl to me... :x
    Marth's been confirmed.