Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Oh I know they're doing quite good. But even so, my whole point is that they would be doing much better IF they had gone in the route of hardware power as well as minor gimmicks and features. If Nintendo built a system that can get all those third party games on it, as well as their own IPs (and maybe a few new ones). They wouldn't have competition anymore really.
    I'm glad they didn't go the route of hardware "power" (A word I use very loosely when connected to the next gen consoles) and rather stick with their innovative approach. That's what the console market needs, not poor man's PC with slapped on silly social/TV features.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    you want a real idea that can make Nintendo millions? Console pokemon game...why this hasn't happened yet baffles me
    I remember playing Pokémon on Nintendo 64 though.

Edit: Pokemon Stadium it's called.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

He's talking about one of the standard story versions, like red/silver/ruby/diamond/black etc

Deleted
    There's only suitable answer and that is : They should make a pokemon game that looks elder scrolls or how like the today RPG games look like.
    If they make that even if its only for the WII it will sell like crazy!

I definitely want a 3DS -> TV converter. Historically that's been on the Nintendo console, but I was looking into buying the specialized hardware (hundreds of dollars plus soldering gogogo!).

When I'm on a plane, I enjoy the 3DS. In general, I think that the 3D effect is shocking and amazing and I'm surprised it doesn't get more goddamned press- why can't my iphone do this? But there's two problems...

1)- I need the machine at a certain distance to play it. This isn't as onerous as the virtual boy (yes, I have a virtual boy, yes, it's fun), but it's still a burden. If I'm at my dining room table or at my couch, no big deal. If I'm on a plane, it's very hard to hold it at exactly the right distance- I eventually get sore arms and have to go 2D.

2)- I have a nice TV. I want to play games on that, or my computer screen, generally without exception. Low res graphics don't bother me, though they would bother some. I don't care about that though, and I should have that option.

I literally put off buying a 3DS until recently when the games FORCED me in, and I can already tell you I play less than if the thing had a real display option.

Nintendo has like five thousand employees, about half in the US. That's not very large, all things considered, in the scope of video game industry things. They leave a TON of great ideas on the table, and they are generally the last to go into a established markets and the first to try to dress up your system in an electronic thong. Here's your list: Pokemon MMO / Any MMO / keyboard + WiiUpad as novel input device for productivity / Zelda with AAA funding and scope / fremium model for some "arcade" games / new F-Zero / exceptionally deep multirole Metroid with FPA, spaceship, and RPG town elements on allied planets / game where someone plays an engineer on your spaceship with the pad while you fly it with your wiimote / actual matchmaking / games with solid level builders / online community with moderation and slashdot like upvoting / unified experience like in Xbox live instead of some friend code bullshit / JUST FUCKING MAKE AN ACTUAL POKEMON GAME ON THIS SYSTEM WHAT THE FUCK / game where you are cooperative with random players but no downtime / A top tier title every six months [Mario | Zelda | Pikmin | F-Zero | Metroid | Pokemon | Kid Fucking Icarus | Kirby ] / Actually make up some new IP based around sci-fi instead of just letting those drop / Actually make up some new IP based around heroic fantasy instead of just having Zelda.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post

Pokemon Stadium wasn't exactly what one would consider a traditional Pokemon game, but with the advent of online battling and trading, there is no need to have a console game. Could they do a MMO type of game on the Wii U? Certainly. But doing so would impact the sales potential of future stand alone games. Granted I think it's at a point now where Pokemon can't really get any better then what they did with X and Y. I'd personally like to play an online game with a persistent universe that covers all of the regions in the game, but they would have to drastically change the design of the leveling system so that you can progress through the 4 or 5 regions that they have without being able to overpower gym leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    I'd much rather have a Super Nintendo 2.

OT: How about this idea that could Nintendo make millions? Use more third party studios - Like they used to. Rather then seeing 10-15 games in the store for weeks, about 30-40.
    Their game library for NES/SNES was HUGE!
    Back then you could make a game for thousands. Now they cost tens of millions (sometimes more). Kind of silly to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    He's talking about one of the standard story versions, like red/silver/ruby/diamond/black etc
    What about the Gamecube ones? Colosseum and Gale of Darkness? Or do they need to have gym badges and stuff, because I've honestly never played either, I just know they have a storyline.

you want a real idea that can make Nintendo millions? Console pokemon game...why this hasn't happened yet baffles me
    Cus Nintendo know that a huge percentage of their handheld sales are from people wanting to play pokemon. It's all about money.

Deleted
    yeah uh , they used to have one that you could plug in on the game cube.. :S

Too bad the wii u game pad can hardly stay connected when you leave the room.

They need to increase its radius of connectivity.

Make it so it can support 4 game pads.

Boom, no screen peaking, epic shooter/ mario kart local multiplayer.

^ That's genius, at some point you wouldn't even need to use the tv, it would only be an option.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-12-24 at 06:31 AM.

make new games besides zelda/mario.... and up the graphics to an actual current gen. MILLIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    make new games besides zelda/mario.... and up the graphics to an actual current gen. MILLIONS!!!
    Yeah. When's the last time they put out a new Fire Emblem, Pikmin, or Pokemon game?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The last 2 were kinda.. weird

A handheld pokemon mmo on the other hand.. That's where the Billions are at!
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Yeah. When's the last time they put out a new Fire Emblem, Pikmin, or Pokemon game?
    All this year, although I'm guessing you were joking.
    Also what could make Nintendo more money is putting better games on the Virtual Console, at least on the 3DS. Come on Nintendo, I don't want some NES Golf game, why isn't Super Mario World on there yet?!