Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    A chat would be nice but I feel like most people would just get made at that when people troll them or say snide remarks

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Then you're part of a dying breed

The problem with these emotes is that in an online enviroment they have no context, the "Well played" can be sarcastic or the other player can truly mean it but there's no way to know for sure

I'd rather "well played" to be removed or reworked it feels like a mockery when I lose and I feel bad when I win and my oponent uses it
    i think you underestimate the community. I'll say i get a both sided "well played" (who actually mean it) in the majority of my games (60%+ish?)

only thing i would want is something like "wish me luck" when i throw down a random bomb/rag/sylvanas/tinkmaster

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyJurkey View Post
    A chat would be nice but I feel like most people would just get made at that when people troll them or say snide remarks
    Yikes no thank you. Much rather live with the sarcastic "well played" than this.

I think we need a button:

You killed Nat Pagle???? The guy was just fishing. You heartless bastard!

You fight bravely with your paladin, you stand at 21 health. You built up the defenses with 2 taunts (tx to you know who) and another one in hand...

Then you get Pyroblastered 2 turns in a row and you hear that terrible sarcastic voice of Proudmoore "Well ... playyyyyed"

Another reason to let this game rot.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I use 'Well Played', it's genuine. It usually comes after someone lays down a chain that breaks my carefully-set-up smackdown and turns it into a turnaround victory, or after a game that goes down to both players slugging it out with single-digit health and 10 mana. It also tends to be met with a 'Thank You' or another 'Well Played.'

I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who uses that emote to be a jerk.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Such anger. People like the OP need to seek help immediately before they kill someone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i want to punch everyone in the face who rages in a video game, we should get together sometime and hash it out

I know some people that just can't take a loss. It doesn't matter if you're a humble winner or an obnoxious one. It just burns them to the very core, and they need to chill out for a short while. Maybe they're making excuses inside their heads to marginalize your victory, in order to remain sane. I'm sure this can be a great motivation to improve one self, but I would feel very bad being that competitive.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dura View Post
    as you say yourself. your getting angry for losing.
    thats why we cannot have nice things like a chat function.
    too much morons out there wich cannot play nice
    Hypercompetitive sore losers will never have an appreciation for sportsmanship and decorum. :/
    If the shoe was on the other foot and the defeated opponent graciously said "GG" or "Well played," they'd be ran off the board with jeers of "lol u suck, go back to playing Yu Gi Oh, u nub!"

OP needs to get a grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I know some people that just can't take a loss. It doesn't matter if you're a humble winner or an obnoxious one. It just burns them to the very core, and they need to chill out for a short while. Maybe they're making excuses inside their heads to marginalize your victory, in order to remain sane. I'm sure this can be a great motivation to improve one self, but I would feel very bad being that competitive.
    That's just egotism and if they're developing an ego over an online card game, I'd hate to see how they function and cope with competition in the more meaningful areas of their lives. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    No, I didn't play well. I lost. And if I can I'll surrender as soon as I hear that emote because I don't want to give them the satisfaction to kill me with that ridiculous Pyroblast topdeck.
    I turned off emotes now because I'm getting really angry when people are using that emote for some reason.
    I don't really see why they didn't add a chat function instead of these. Is there any reason for this?
    That first sentence right there is everything that is mentally wrong with society today.

That somehow not winning means you are a bad person...

10+ Year Old Account
    One can still lose, even when they did play exceptionally well. Maybe the opponent played better, or was lucky. It's polite in any case, the gg of Hearthstone the way I see it